Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old-Timers (3+ Years Banded) Recommitting To The Bandster Lifestyle

Lie you on a bed in the Xray dept. Swab your port area. Check the position of the port with the special xrays. jab you with local anaesthetic. Stick a cannula in. Recheck the position then attach a tube/needle to the cannula and draw some liquid out. It was really easy :)

heidi hope you get some relief soon too. It is awful when you can't drink anything and you can't even swallow your own spit.

i'm wondering if my band has been slipped for a while. i dont understand why i get refux this far out all of a sudden. i have been really stuck a few times in the past.

Oh elcee, what a story! But I am glad you got some relief. I hope your hubby gets his tooth fixed soon. We went out to go for Japanese food today for lunch, but the restaurant is only open for dinner on Sundays. So DH had a fit. I had peperjack cheese for lunch. :) The man just does not go with the flow at all.

Heidi, I hope the unfill helps. Are you going to look at alternatives to fill/unfilling? It seems the band just might not be right for your body.

Heidi glad to hear everything is okay it sounds like a scary story with a good ending :)

Today we met up with my parents for brunch I ordered a tuna melt and only ate 1.5 of the sandwich so I guess I have some restriction. But on Friday we had sushi and I didn't get stuck but it was def working its way down so I'm thinking next fill ill

Heidi glad to hear everything is okay it sounds like a scary story with a good ending :)

Today we met up with my parents for brunch I ordered a tuna melt and only ate 1.5 of the sandwich so I guess I have some restriction. But on Friday we had sushi and I didn't get stuck but it was def working its way down so I'm thinking next fill I'll be in the green zone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend I know I did! The dbf and my dad met for the first time and they really hit it off which is tough since my dad is very serious! Next time I'll see my parents will be in sunny key west!

Today we met up with my parents for brunch I ordered a tuna melt and only ate 1.5 of the sandwich so I guess I have some restriction. But on Friday we had sushi and I didn't get stuck but it was def working its way down so I'm thinking next fill I'll be in the green zone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend I know I did! The dbf and my dad met for the first time and they really hit it off which is tough since my dad is very serious! Next time I'll see my parents will be in sunny key west!

It's been a few days since we've posted here. Elcee? How you doing?

I've decided to go in and talk about a slight unfill. I am getting stuck several times a week. tired of it, and want to rule out a slip. It took me about 15 minutes to get a yogurt down this morning, then I got stuck on gyro meat at lunch.

So, will make a call tomorrow. I just wonder if he will order an upper GI first. My last one was in Septermber. Ugh.

It's been a few days since we've posted here. Elcee? How you doing?

I've decided to go in and talk about a slight unfill. I am getting stuck several times a week. tired of it, and want to rule out a slip. It took me about 15 minutes to get a yogurt down this morning, then I got stuck on gyro meat at lunch.

So, will make a call tomorrow. I just wonder if he will order an upper GI first. My last one was in Septermber. Ugh.

Not good to get stuck on yogurt! Unfill sounds good.

So, I went in and got an UNfill. Reflux is gone and they gave me meds for it. long story short they took out some....i was still gurggling in Water SO she took out more...now I only have 3cc. I think my highest was 6 something. I'm ok with it...not starving...and i can get things down better. Thet scheduled an upper GI....they think ui have maybe slipped. they wait 4 wks for GI though! WHY???? IDK???

Oh elcee, what a story! But I am glad you got some relief. I hope your hubby gets his tooth fixed soon. We went out to go for Japanese food today for lunch, but the restaurant is only open for dinner on Sundays. So DH had a fit. I had peperjack cheese for lunch. :) The man just does not go with the flow at all.

Heidi, I hope the unfill helps. Are you going to look at alternatives to fill/unfilling? It seems the band just might not be right for your body.

Yes, I am weighing my options....I have been thinking of having it removed for a while. I got the lapband because of that reason. If I have slipped and they want to fix it ..i will just have it taken out. I feel it has given my the head start I need. I have not lost weight with it in over 2 yrs. Its all in my head now. i have to do this with or with out my band. pissed me off that when i talked about taking it off...they said you will gain it all back! GEESH THX!

Yes, I am weighing my options....I have been thinking of having it removed for a while. I got the lapband because of that reason. If I have slipped and they want to fix it ..i will just have it taken out. I feel it has given my the head start I need. I have not lost weight with it in over 2 yrs. Its all in my head now. i have to do this with or with out my band. pissed me off that when i talked about taking it off...they said you will gain it all back! GEESH THX!

The fact is that most folk will gain it back if the band is removed. But if you've been mostly unfilled for your banded career, then you know better than they do what you can do. Would you not consider a different procedure?

I was banded 1/08. I lost ~125, then lost full, gained a bunch back, had revision surgery 10/09. I got back to a total loss of 110 then got preggers. Had an unfilled and gained most all back. My baby is 13 mos and I finally got a fill again this week. So now I'm down about 60 from original and 100 to get to goal. Exercise....just keeping the faith...that's me

I was banded 1/08. I lost ~125, then lost full, gained a bunch back, had revision surgery 10/09. I got back to a total loss of 110 then got preggers. Had an unfilled and gained most all back. My baby is 13 mos and I finally got a fill again this week. So now I'm down about 60 from original and 100 to get to goal. Exercise....just keeping the faith...that's me

I've maintained my weight loss the last almost 4 months with no restriction but I think if I lost the band I'd gain some back. Maybe not all but some. I fight hunger all the time. I had hoped the band would have helped re-wire my brain but it hasn't. Even now my tummy is growling. I couldn't even really remember what that felt like before when my band was still working.

Knowing what I know about myself now if I ever lost the band I'd revise to some other WLS. But if you're doing it all on your own heidi then I get why you don't feel like the band is doing you any good. For me the band did a lot of it.

The fact is that most folk will gain it back if the band is removed. But if you've been mostly unfilled for your banded career, then you know better than they do what you can do. Would you not consider a different procedure?

No, I would not try another procedure.

I've maintained my weight loss the last almost 4 months with no restriction but I think if I lost the band I'd gain some back. Maybe not all but some. I fight hunger all the time. I had hoped the band would have helped re-wire my brain but it hasn't. Even now my tummy is growling. I couldn't even really remember what that felt like before when my band was still working.

Knowing what I know about myself now if I ever lost the band I'd revise to some other WLS. But if you're doing it all on your own heidi then I get why you don't feel like the band is doing you any good. For me the band did a lot of it.

Yes lellow, that is how I feel "you're doing it all on your own heidi then I get why you don't feel like the band is doing you any good."

My band did totally help me with the first 40 pounds for sure. Since being so lose for the last almost 2 years I realize I have had more energy if I eat right. When I went back to being tight on my recent fill I had low energy and Constipation bad! i can now eat more of a variety of healthy foods with my band lose. I feel so much better...energy and bowel wise. :-) My big problem was never my appetite..it was poor choices. which the band can not help me with. so far I'm doing ok :-)