Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months Later 80 Pounds Lighter!!

I decided to be banded in January 2011 and started the insurance process. I was banded August 10, 2011. I was more than ready and it could not come soon enough. My surgeon had offered to do the Plication along with my band he said he was seeing 20% more weight loss with it. All I was wanting was to lose it so i was all for it. I love everything about my band and my journey. I started at 318 and went in this week for my 6 month fill and i was at 238. I was so excited to hit 80lbs. I am ready to party when i hit 100 and then when i get to 200lbs... watch out! i will definatley be celebrating. :) I have a ways to go but i know i will get there. I am not stoping until I do. I tell everyone about my band. I really thought getting surgery would be the "easy" way out. wow was i wrong. its just as hard at times, BUT its the BEST thing I have ever done!

Congratulations on your weight loss. I never heard of Plication before. What is it?

ok from what my doc told me he bands me like normal but the bottom part of my stomach he folds over several times and stitches it to make it smaller. he said my lower stomach was only 4 oz. he informed me that i could stretch it out. but i havnt had any problems with it. if he would have never told me he was doing it, i would have never know.

Any tips on a job well done?

honestly, i feel like i have no clue what im doing. i try to eat very slowly and very small bite sizes. one month they filled my bad to tight and i didnt go back for 2 months i lost 18lb that month but after that month i got sick a lot so not i think i am scared to eat to much afraid i will get sick and i hate throwing up. i try to stay active too. i dont go to the gym. i know i should. good luck!!

I am amazed at your success! Keep going:) i am hoping to be as successful as you...keep updating and inspriing.

Impressive and thanks for sharing! You are doing a awesome job! Please share what do you follow as far as your eating plan? And if you don't go to the gym, are you or have you done any exercise to get where you are with weight loss?

Way to go! You are a big time success! Keep up all of the hard work! For anyone wanting info on plication, there are some good websites from the docs who offer it if you search for gastric plication. There is also a forum on here specfically for folks who had both surgeries. I lost weight before exploring surgery, and had the surgery as a reward to myself, and it's working!

That is great!! Party it up girl! You deserve it!

honestly, i feel like i have no clue what im doing. i try to eat very slowly and very small bite sizes. one month they filled my bad to tight and i didnt go back for 2 months i lost 18lb that month but after that month i got sick a lot so not i think i am scared to eat to much afraid i will get sick and i hate throwing up. i try to stay active too. i dont go to the gym. i know i should. good luck!!

You are cute, that statement makes me laugh (about not knowing what you're doing)! Just wanted to say congratulations! You obviously do know what to do and it's working!!

Thanks ladies!

Well done that is great.