Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

0.5 Fill On Tuesday And It's Too Tight. Ideas?

I am miserable. The Water went down ok at the doc's office on Tuesday, but ever since I can tolerate nothing. Water, shakes, and everything else seems to come right back up. I have heartburn all the time. I called the doc's office yesterday and they can't get me in until Tuesday (I asked if I went to the ER if they could unfill me, but she said no). I am afraid of becoming dehydrated since I am not getting much water in. Is there something I can do until Tuesday to help me? I am starting to feel light-headed and shaky.

Your doctor not going to the ER!!! That is awful. Waiting to Tuesday, you may very well get dehydrated because no Water or fluids or getting down. You could also call the doctor's office again and ask to speak with the nurse or the doctor. Sometimes a receptionist may tell you that because he or she is just scheduling the appointments. They do not know how urgent this is.

This just happened to me a week or so ago. My band was so tight that I could not stop throwing up. After awhile there was nothing to throw up so I had gastric juices that looked like blood (found out later it was).

I was really freaked out since this happened from about 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. I could not lay down without throwing up. I did not sleep at all. I called the Blue Cross nurse (24 hour hot line). She took my information and said not to wait until my bariatric doctor's office opened and go to the ER. I am glad that I did. My bariatric surgeon met me there and took 3 cc's out of my band. They took a CAT-scan and put me on an IV right away with nausea meds in it. I knew I did not have the flu. I knew it was my band because Water wasn't go down right. This was several weeks after my fill and it wasn't tight for weeks! My doctor thought maybe food got stuck to cause the tightness but I didn't have anything get stuck. The CAT-scan showed the area above my stomach and band was inflammed and swollen.

You are so right. You may get dehydrated. My first band slipped in 2008 and the band twisted. My saliva wouldn't go down either. I went to the ER in Kauai (I was on vacation when it happened). The ER doctors didn't even know what to do with a band but they called my doctor in California They tried getting Fluid out but my abnd was too twisted (plus I don't think they knew what they were doing. I came home the next day and went directly to the hospital withmy test results and had my band taken out shortly thereafter. They immediately put an IV in me at the ER in Kauai and when I reached the ER in California.

You may go to the ER anyway and call your doctor and telling him or her that you can't drink ANYTHING and you are getting light-headed and shaky. Waiting to Tuesday could be life threatening. Let the ER doctors figure out what is wrong with you and have THEM call your doctor if he or she doesn't show up. Maybe they will take a CAT-scan like me to figure out what was going on. I told the ER that I had a lapband and suspected it was too tight. I had blood coming up when I threw up and was getting weak.

Good luck to you! Please post again to tell me and others how you are doing. I have been there and it is very scary but can be easily fixed with an unfill. Once I had my unfill, all my symptoms disappeared. The doctor gave me meds for my throat (acid reflux medication even though it wasn't true acid reflux, my and was too tight).

Wow, what kind of office is that? My surgeon says to just come in if it's ever too tight. don't even need to make an appt. I would just go right into your drs office and demand an unfill. Waiting till Tues is way too long if you can't get liquids down. If you still have a problem then I would go the ER or find another bariatric doctor in the area. I would look into finding a new doctor. I can't imagine my surgeon making me wait for days for an emergency. Not acceptable! Good luck!

omg i was too tight early this month call my dr told me to come in now

Thanks for the replies. I called them back today and they got me in to take out the fill. I never thought Water would taste so good!

i had a similiar experience with being over filled..i was miserable for 2 weeks...no one helped me till i was literally begging and crying on the phone! RIDICULOUS! but i'm glad things worked out for you.