Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Did "bandster Hell" Last For You??

You know, the time in between being healed from surgery and hitting the "green zone" I am going on 2.5 months post op and able to eat anything, hungry after 2-2.5 hours. It is driving me bonkers. I lost 20 pounds in a month (two weeks pre op & 2 weeks post op) and have only lost 5 pound in the last 2 months....

How much longer will this last?? I have 4.8cc in a 10cc band.

I had my surgery on Dec 22nd, and still not in that elusive 'green zone'. I have had my own version of 'bandster hell' due to my port flipping. I just got that fixed this past Monday and was able to get my first fill. I do feel a little restriction, but I'm hungry every couple of hours and my stomach starts growling so loud I think my whole office can hear it! I know it does take a while to find that sweet spot, dont get discouraged, just keep going in for your fills and tell the doctor exactly how much you can eat and how often you are hungry. That will help him/her to determine how much to add to your band each fill.

You know, the time in between being healed from surgery and hitting the "green zone" I am going on 2.5 months post op and able to eat anything, hungry after 2-2.5 hours. It is driving me bonkers. I lost 20 pounds in a month (two weeks pre op & 2 weeks post op) and have only lost 5 pound in the last 2 months....

How much longer will this last?? I have 4.8cc in a 10cc band.

My first fill was 4 weeks after surgery.....NO difference. 2nd fill was 4 weeks after that. Between 1 st and 2nd fill I gained weight

3 rd fill was 4 weeks after, 12 weeks after surgery. It was then I started to Mae a difference. It took me 4 weeks to figure out what was happening, to get in the "Groove" comfortably in the Green Zone. Last was last May, and up untill last week have not had a fill since. And last week ws just a 1/2 cc tweak.

My first fill was 4cc, 2nd was 2cc, and 3rd was 1 cc.

it's good to hear these stories. I'm 3 weeks post-op and struggling not to gain weight, after losing 16 pounds. I'm still able to eat 'way too much food. We just came from lunch, where I experimented and ate until I felt as if I couldn't eat another bite, and that was most of my order! We get our first fills on Monday, and I really hope it makes a difference. As my guy said, we don't yet have any personal evidence that the band works.

In bandster hell since beginning of year. Cannot wait to see the "light" and get some fills behind me.

Lasted about 4 months for me. I tried to eat like I had restriction from the veey beginning though. I drank, or I shoulf say gulped, Water everytime I felt hungry! Eats lots of dense Protein to help the hunger pains from coming! I'm at 7.3 cc's and in the elusive Green Zone. I did not have a fill at my last fill appointment for the first time. Hang in there! Before you know it you'll go 6 or 7 hours without being hungry!

I am a year out and wish I was in the green zone! Thought I was there yesterday and then had Soup for lunch and realized I was tight. Everyone is different. Yesterday was the first day I didn't feel hungry way before my lunch time and I was excited. But then I ate and realized, that nope that last fill wasn't good. So I had the .4 taken out that she gave me last week. I guess I am in the small minority who the band doesn't help my hunger. Well, with too much restriction it did but I can't live if I can't swallow my own saliva! So after a year of sucking up to eating only what I measured out I am sucking up that I will still be hungry. I am going to up my calories to 1300/day and have a morning and an afternoon snack. I am happy that I had that last fill though because I had been wanting one for the last few months and she thought I was already full enough. So my questioning on whether or not I was full enough has been answered! I go back next month and may try .1 cc and see how that goes.

First fill did nothing. As the fills came the better it got; but it took 6 months to get restriction.

Thanks. I am done with fill number 2 @ 4.8cc in a 10cc band. I am sure I need another - BUT I hit 199.5 this morning!! WOOT!

This is a worthy thread to read for those recent bandsters who are stuck in bandster hell

15 months and counting. lol But I eat if I am hungry, so it hasn't really been "hell."

You know' date=' the time in between being healed from surgery and hitting the "green zone" I am going on 2.5 months post op and able to eat anything, hungry after 2-2.5 hours. It is driving me bonkers. I lost 20 pounds in a month (two weeks pre op & 2 weeks post op) and have only lost 5 pound in the last 2 months....

How much longer will this last?? I have 4.8cc in a 10cc band.[/quote']

I was banded on 2.22.12. I have a 10 cc band and 6cc fill.....I also can still eat anything I try.....I am very carefull what I eat....but I have only lost 20 lbs since my second fill....