Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swallowed A Big Pill, Help!

Ok, I was taking one a day vitimans. but I got a fill on January 24th and it has been hell trying to keep them down. The yesterday I decided to try and take one like a dumb dumb because i had food on my stomach and it caused major issues.For starters it upset my stomache and now I can not keep anything down now. Everything just keeps getting stuck. Did that one damn pill screw up my pouch? Should I do straight liquids or should I call the doctor. Everything was fine until yesterday and that damn vitiman. Has this ever happened to anyone before and what did you have to do to take care of the issue?

when I have had a bad stuck episode, I feel it is harder to eat the next day or so. My dr said that the stomach got swollen around the band and that is why I felt the way I did even a day or 2 later. I actually had a problem today. Didn't even eat much, thought I had finally reached my greenzone and was on cloud nine! Then I had a little bit of Soup and a bite of a pastry and bam! There I was feeling like I had to spit up. Did it 2 times in the car and decided to make a beeline for the dr office. She pulled out the .4 cc she put in me last week. I thought better to be safe than sorry because I am going away for 5 days.

I go back on the 9th and planning on getting half that amount next time and see how I go from there.

Yes, I would suggest going to liquids until your stomach calms down. Sometimes when things get stuck (pills, food, etc.), it seems like the stomach gets swollen and irritated. Drinking liquids for a day or two seems to help me.

Have you ever tried liquid Vitamins? I never knew they existed until the dietician at my bariatric surgeon's office suggested it to us. They sometimes can be a pain to locate but they sure help right after your surgery and for weeks afterwards. I sometimes take them after a fill. Sometimes when I am out of them, I just don't take Vitamins for a couple days after my fill.

I doubt it if the pill could have screwed up your pouch. Sometimes the throwing up the pill, tightens the band up, swells the stomach, etc. If it really bothers you have switching to liquids, don't hesitate to call your doctor.

I crushed all my pills for 3 months. Its gross but works. Try drinking some hot liqiud like coffee ot tea before taking your pills it opens the band.

Cheri

If your still stuck drink a couple of drinks of hot diet coke in the bathroom and it should come up pretty fast.

Centrum makes a chewable adult Vitamin.< /p>

Go back to the basics for a few days because your swollen...

Switch to Flintstones Complete with CHOLINE. This is a chew able Vitamin.< /p>

You can go to their website and print a coupon for them.

But they must be Complete for the Bariatric Patient.

I do 3 a day, and they keep me peppy.

Thanks guys great news today I was able to keep my Soup down. You were right my stomach was swallon. I will continue liqiuds at least until tomorrow.

I started with the chewables but after several months (and really hating the flavor and texture) I asked if I could do it the old fashioned way. One pill w Water.

Big mistake. I has to break them in half to get them down and not once did it not hurt like crazy. And it was the beginning of my reflux issues. Which I have to be careful about with everything I put down my gullet.

I went back to the chewables (blech) because the taste and texture is way better than the pain.

BTW. I found the Walmart children's chewables are the best priced and not that bad tasting relatively speaking.

Go back to the basics for a few days because your swollen...

Switch to Flintstones Complete with CHOLINE. This is a chew able Vitamin.

You can go to their website and print a coupon for them.

But they must be Complete for the Bariatric Patient.

I do 3 a day, and they keep me peppy.

I have the Flintstones Complete with Choline but the directions say to take 1. Should I take more than 1?? I am wondering if I am not taking enough Vitamins now?