Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys had my flipped port fixed on the 26th so far so good.. no real pain..... hope every one is doing great.... ready to get back to working out but, I have to wait until my doc advises...

Well I haven't been on the site in a while but I thought I would get on and update my stats.

I had surgery on March 12th and have a 14 cc band and I have had 4 fills for a total of 8 cc.

I now feel like I am in control and losing weight like we are supposed to. I don't go back to the Dr. until late Sept.

Good luck to everyone.

Congrats everyone!!!! I was having some acid reflux issues after my last fill so my doc took 0.25 cc out ... i have like 4.25 cc now in an 11cc band. anyone else having acid reflux issues and you never had them before surgery? I have been taking Prilosec and it's helping control the reflux pretty well now.

My weight is going up and down about 3 lbs for the last 3 wks or so ... I'm gonna try and do a day or 2 of only liquids and see if that helps break the stall ... but I always end up eating something solid LOL ... wish me luck

I go back to the doc in 2 wks ... maybe he'll give me another fill.

Congrats everyone!!!! I was having some acid reflux issues after my last fill so my doc took 0.25 cc out ... i have like 4.25 cc now in an 11cc band. anyone else having acid reflux issues and you never had them before surgery? I have been taking Prilosec and it's helping control the reflux pretty well now.

My weight is going up and down about 3 lbs for the last 3 wks or so ... I'm gonna try and do a day or 2 of only liquids and see if that helps break the stall ... but I always end up eating something solid LOL ... wish me luck

I go back to the doc in 2 wks ... maybe he'll give me another fill.

I'm also fighting the 3lb up and down. Just have to make it pass the 4th of July then going to also do liquids for a day or two

Right now I have 6.5 cc in a 10 cc band I am just NOW really feeling restriction. This last fill (my third one) has made a load of a difference. It's been almost two weeks since my third fill and I am still having issues with pb-ing and throwing up. I think it is because I am so used to eating fast. Before this last fill, I didn't have to worry about eating slowly because I had zero restriction.

Italy was great! We were all over the place. We went to Rome, florence, Venice, and The Amalfi Coast. People in Italy are all thin. There are hardly any fat people. I was the fattest person there, I swear! It is probably from all the walking they do.

how wonderful that you were able to so thoroughly enjoy your trip and eat what you wanted, and still lose weight. the ideal combination. So youve had three fills now? how much have you had now ? what size band? im over three months post op, had two fills which amount to 4ccs in a 10 cc band. im having trouble, two weeks out, eating properly. i had that the first time around as well... i dont know whether i should have another fill or not. im losing, steady but surely. why i say im not sure about future fills... early in nov im taking our youngest grand daughter on an 11 day cruise.. i dont want to be having issues with food getting stuck etc while we are away. how long did it take for you to recover from the initial fill procedure? its nearly two weeks for me and it was nearly two weeks the first time for me as well. by the way, i just love the sounds of your trip. which part of Italy did you go to? did you see a lot ?

How do they fix a flipped port? Did it hurt? How are you doing?

Hey guys had my flipped port fixed on the 26th so far so good.. no real pain..... hope every one is doing great.... ready to get back to working out but, I have to wait until my doc advises...

Just got a bill from the hospital for $11,000. YIKES! This surgery keeps getting more and more expensive. I was NOT told that I would be paying even MORE money out of pocket. I am very annoyed.

Right now I have 6.5 cc in a 10 cc band I am just NOW really feeling restriction. This last fill (my third one) has made a load of a difference. It's been almost two weeks since my third fill and I am still having issues with pb-ing and throwing up. I think it is because I am so used to eating fast. Before this last fill, I didn't have to worry about eating slowly because I had zero restriction.

Italy was great! We were all over the place. We went to Rome, florence, Venice, and The Amalfi Coast. People in Italy are all thin. There are hardly any fat people. I was the fattest person there, I swear! It is probably from all the walking they do.

so you are still having trouble with PBing?..and you have just had your third fill?? did you find that it took you forever to eat a small amount? im wondering because ive just 0.50ccs taken out.. that was yesterday, from a 1 cc fill over two weeks ago. i have the same sized band you have. i only have 3.50 ccs in right now. i had trouble with the first fill also.... three ccs.ivef had restriction even after surgery .

how were you with all your fills? did you have problems after the fills??

your holiday sounds just marvellous. it really does. i would love to visit there. i just adore that part of the world.

Fell off track..when I do not sleep consistently I get anxious and bad eating habits creaped back in..was feeling a lil pain from eating too much..back on track..don't let bad days turn to bad weeks then month's. Anyone else been struggling? How have u coped? I have learned that I cannot "taste" bad foods without it triggering wanting more.

yep.. ive had that too.. im finding now that if i have chocolate then the craving is worse for more. also, with fat. ive been cooking an egg and a small amount of bacon in olive oil for Breakfast and i now thats giving me cravings.. and i think its the fat doing it.

I have the carb cravings ... and salt too. If I eat doritos or a cookie or something then it sends me on a downward spiral.

Ok for the past 2 days every time I eat I get really bad cramps then starts the diarrhea... and I mean within minutes of eating my stomach is hurting and the saga begins... Is this dumping syndrome???? Or how long should I monitor before calling my doctor.. I had a revision surgery on the 26th of June for a flipped port prior to that I had no issues. On the flip side I have lost 3 pounds in 2 days because of these symptoms... HELP anyone else have this problem....And I only have 3 cc in a 10 cc band so I know this is not the problem. I also do not have any nausea or vomiting...

I have been tracking again the last few days cause I'm not going down and need some extra accountability. I use Loseit! For mobile Because it has this cool barcode scanner' date=' which makes tracking that much easier! I never realized how literally everything has a barcode and now I can't use the excuse that tracking takes too long.[/quote']

Wow! That is great!!! Thanks for sharing! Seems SO much simpler!

Hello all I just wanted to give an update, I was banded 3/6/12 and had (up until this am) 8.5cc in a 14cc band. I was having great restiriction and was in my "green zone" When I weighed in this AM i was officially at the 50lbs down mark!

Unfortunatly I also got the news this AM that I have a slipped band :( I got stuck on a grilled cheese sand last night (only had about 2 - 3 small bites. Then proceeded to throw up a few times before heading to bed. I knew something wasn't right because I had a weird pain around my port area that I have never experienced before, I figured I would sleep it off and call the Dr in the AM if I didn't feel better. Well sure enough this AM I couldn't even keep fliuds down, got to the Drs at 9, he drained my band and had me do a barium swallow, and it had slipped! I now have my revision scheduled for tomorrow morning at 10am. Another night in the hosp and I have to start the whole slow process of getting back to my green zone. I now wish I had called the Dr right away and not "slept on it" I might have been able to avoid surgery!

I hope you all are doing well, and wish me luck tomorrow!!

How do they fix a flipped port? Did it hurt? How are you doing?

surgery.....