Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the info will try that sounds good.

you're welcome

Ok I know everyone is different as well as our docs but I was banded 3/5/12 and only have 3cc's in my band. I am hungry about every 2-3 hours and my doc says only 0.5cc from here on.....seems like every one else is at 5-6cc's that was banded around the same time. Weight is starting to stand still and I am hungry all the time which causes me to make bad food choics.....HELP.....

Ok I know everyone is different as well as our docs but I was banded 3/5/12 and only have 3cc's in my band. I am hungry about every 2-3 hours and my doc says only 0.5cc from here on.....seems like every one else is at 5-6cc's that was banded around the same time. Weight is starting to stand still and I am hungry all the time which causes me to make bad food choics.....HELP.....

I was banded on 3/6/12 and I only have 3cc as well. I am 3, almost 4 weeks out from the fill that brought me to 3cc's and I don't need anymore. .5cc's isn't much but if you can't feel restriction then he will just have to keep doing the. 5 till you get there. It seems silly to me but unless you can talk to your doctor and change his mind you are gonna .5cc it till you feel it, baby!! Good luck dear.

Every Dr seems to have their own routine, my Dr does 3cc first fill, 2cc second fill, 1cc every fill after, if needed. I am at 5cc right now not really feeling restriction but definitely not feeling hungry between meals. Just trust that your Dr is doing what is right for you. Good Luck

Newme2012, I was banded 3/21/12 and have had 2 fills. First was 2.1cc and second time .9 for a total of 3cc. I believe that is 1.5 in port tube and 1.5 in band. I will be out of state and next apt fill is August 6. I really tried to get dr to add more with second fill. Either he is careful so I don't swell and can't eat anything or he likes to fill very slowly to bill insurance more times. I really understand your frustration. I am going to accept my journey will be slower than others and I am still losing some. I think this is more willpower diet than restriction. Too many people know and are watching for my transformation. I feel the pressure to change because I have tried everything in the past to lose but could never keep it off. I am making better, healthy choices and I do eat less. I no longer eat junk food, no deserts, no carbonated beverages, no bread, Pasta, rice, no alcohol. I eat on a small plate or bowl. I eat only when hungry. I eat slowly and chew a lot. These are a lot of behavior changes that will improve my life forever however the weight loss takes. Keep up the good work bandsters, we will we will be victorious.

My doctor is VERY CONSERVATIVE!!! Has been this whole process!! I'm 2.5 months out and only have 2cc.

He didn't want to give me anything because I was going on a cruise...I finally talked him into 1 cc and when I did the drink test, of course everything went down as normal and then I talked him into 1cc more...so I got 2cc out of him...but it was hard fought. I go back this thursday (31st)for another one....not sure what I need though....I seemed to be doing ok in the weight loss department its slow, but steady. Everything is just so perfect right now...I don't want to mess with anything.

oh btw----How strict is my doctor? he actually wants a FULL week of liquids after a fill, followed by a Full week of mushies before returning to regular food.< /p>

My Dr is not strict about what I eat after fills. I am instructed to do liquids for 24 hrs and mushies for 24 hrs. If your dr says liquids a week and mushies a week that will certainly speed up the weight loss. I wish my dr would"scare me straight " like that. As my fills get tighter, it won 't be as easy to return to normal eating. Slow but steady weight loss is OK with me. I have a goal to no longer be obese by christmas. That's about 25 lbs more. I hope that is realistic. I encourage you all to set a time/target interim goal that is realistic for you. keep you eye on the prize. Melvan

I was banded march 20 and am down a little over 40, including my pre-op. I now have 4cc in my band and do feel restriction at times. I have learned to chew a lot and cannot eat nearly the same quantity as before.

I have incorporated some exercise in my routine as well. I do still struggle with head hunger vs real but I usually win. Sometimes my mind doesn't want to think the tiny portions on my plate will fill me up :) I find if I do things right 80-90% of the time then I keep losing.

Judy : I hope you have figured out your eating problems. My dietician says no more than 30 minutes per meal and to chew a lot. I would think if you are still spending more time than that and having hard time swallowing even when you've chewed everything properly, then you are too tight.

Judy don't worry about the gym. If you can walk around the house or around your area, just walk. Its a great basic non-strenous exercise that can help so much. I hope you're doing better with your band. Is it still very much tight?

I suggest that if this week you still are having problems with any soft meat Proteins, try to get a tiny unfill, maybe 0.2 to 0.5 cc ...

Stress does impact the band. I did an obstacle race yesterday and I was sooooooo stressed and tired, I felt like my band almost closed all the way up. I couldnt even breath and the tightness in my chest was scarey. This morning I feel so much better. Almost back to normal but I know Im tighter than before I did the race.

goodness... thats sensitive. i hope that you are back to normal now. this is very interesting. something i didnt figure out beforehand that we would have to contend with.

last night i had some beef mince cooked in the slow cooker and it went down really well. i chewed very slowly and took my time. im so pleased that i was able to eat it. i think bit by bit im able to cope better. i dont want to have an unfill if i can get away with it. Im having more of the crock pot mince today. that will be interesting. will let you know how i go.

Judy : I hope you have figured out your eating problems. My dietician says no more than 30 minutes per meal and to chew a lot. I would think if you are still spending more time than that and having hard time swallowing even when you've chewed everything properly, then you are too tight.

hi NWgirl... i hear you... good advice. thanks. its so hard for me to get up and walk away from what food ive got left on my little plate, considering that there was hardly anything there in the beginning.. rofl.. do you have that problem? so far today i can eat small amounts of minced beef. that means its mainly fish i cant eat at the moment . i havent tried tinned fish yet . im thinking of cooking the fish real slow in the slow cooker... see what happens then?

hi NWgirl... i hear you... good advice. thanks. its so hard for me to get up and walk away from what food ive got left on my little plate, considering that there was hardly anything there in the beginning.. rofl.. do you have that problem? so far today i can eat small amounts of minced beef. that means its mainly fish i cant eat at the moment . i havent tried tinned fish yet . im thinking of cooking the fish real slow in the slow cooker... see what happens then?

Yes, I definitely run into that problem!!! I guess we'll learn to not fill our plates so full sooner or later :) I have started to use side plates instead of dinner plates, then at least it looks full ;)

I would say that if the slow cooker works with the food and you can eat it after chewing properly, then you should be good to go. If you still have problems, I would request a tiny unfill. I can only see not being able to eat healthy foods/meats turning into a slider route or where you end up just drinking shakes... that's no way to live.

Yes, I definitely run into that problem!!! I guess we'll learn to not fill our plates so full sooner or later :) I have started to use side plates instead of dinner plates, then at least it looks full ;)

I would say that if the slow cooker works with the food and you can eat it after chewing properly, then you should be good to go. If you still have problems, I would request a tiny unfill. I can only see not being able to eat healthy foods/meats turning into a slider route or where you end up just drinking shakes... that's no way to live.

no, its no way to live and would just end up with heaps of problems. at the moment im having 4 oz of Protein. i had about 4 oz at lunchtime... chewing flat out. it took me about 40 minutes to eat it lol. i didnt have any other food for lunch. i am interested in trying the fish in the slow cooker. maybe even make a chowder? that would be interesting.

My Dr is not strict about what I eat after fills. I am instructed to do liquids for 24 hrs and mushies for 24 hrs. If your dr says liquids a week and mushies a week that will certainly speed up the weight loss. I wish my dr would"scare me straight " like that. As my fills get tighter, it won 't be as easy to return to normal eating. Slow but steady weight loss is OK with me. I have a goal to no longer be obese by christmas. That's about 25 lbs more. I hope that is realistic. I encourage you all to set a time/target interim goal that is realistic for you. keep you eye on the prize. Melvan

hi Melvan.... i agree. its important to have a goal that is realistic. im not a fast loser and i dont mind at all. i can see changes going on everyday anyway. im hoping to be down another 40 pound by christmas. i need to lose about 50.

My doctor is VERY CONSERVATIVE!!! Has been this whole process!! I'm 2.5 months out and only have 2cc.

He didn't want to give me anything because I was going on a cruise...I finally talked him into 1 cc and when I did the drink test, of course everything went down as normal and then I talked him into 1cc more...so I got 2cc out of him...but it was hard fought. I go back this thursday (31st)for another one....not sure what I need though....I seemed to be doing ok in the weight loss department its slow, but steady. Everything is just so perfect right now...I don't want to mess with anything.

oh btw----How strict is my doctor? he actually wants a FULL week of liquids after a fill, followed by a Full week of mushies before returning to regular food.< /p>

your dr is more strict than mine was... but as it happens , i needed a full week of liquids. next time i will be doing just that. by the way... did you go on your cruise yet? how did you manage it all? im taking our youngest grand daughter on a cruise for 11 nights on the 6th nov. i will hopefully be in the green zone well and truly... i am interested to know how those of you who have been cruising got on?? did you get an unfill before hand?