Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well fellow March peeps, I went in yesterday to get my 2nd fill and guess what? I'm the 2%. Yes, in 2% of lapbands the port flips as a complication, of course, that had to be me. So I have a flipped port and have to go back in to get a revision. They are calling the insurance company tomorrow for the authorizations, not sure how quick this takes place. He stuck me about 10 times trying to get the needle in before he realize it flipped, I'm fairly certain it flipped in there while he was poking me because it didn't hurt before and now its painful and I can feel the port under my ribs. Not excruitating just that short sharp pain that goes away if you change positions.Not sure if any of the rest of you have found any complications but I thought I'd share mine.

What a bummer! I am so sorry you are going through this. Please keep us posted. Good luck!

Still no restriction. Was supposed to go in for my second fill on May 31st, but rescheduled it for a week sooner. I am going to Italy and I wanted to make sure that I had a two week window before going out of the country. I figured that it would suck if I had complications due to fill #2 and was stuck in Italy without medical care. I am praying that fill #2 offers some restriction. I was hoping to be at least 15 pounds lighter for my trip, but I don't think THAT is going to happen. Oh, well. I am still hanging in there.

Newme - have you tried a liquid diet for a day or 2? i've heard that gets people back in gear as far as overeatings and losing weight. I know when Im forced to do the 2 day liquid diet after a fill the weight just drops off for that whole week.

Neekoal - im so sorry to hear about the flipped port!!! i've read on the boards here that its a simple procedure and that youre in and out. do you have a lap band or a realize band?

I have a lap band sunshine. hoping for a quick procedure, no news from doc today.

Good advice sunshyne068.... started back working out and weighing my food so hopefully this will get me on track.. If this fails I will take your advice for a few days... :) thx

I went to the doctor yesterday. I thought I was going to get a fill since I haven't had one since my surgery on March 29. I wanted to cry because I was telling him I have no restrictions and I'm hungry all the time. He was like u don't need one it might open a new can of worms for you cause ur young and I think u can do it without one right now. So I go back in 2 weeks and I'm going to tell him I want one just so I know for myself rather it works for me or not. I really wanted to curse him out, but I know I haven't been doing what I needed to do for more weight loss. This is really frustrating.

MWest how much weight have you lost so far without a fill?

MWest I can't believe this! I'm so sorry. Did he explain what he meant by "opening a can of worms" and what does your age have to do with it? I don't blame you for wanting to cry, I would have broken down there in the office.

I had surgery on 3/6/12. My second fill a week and a half ago gave me good restriction. But up until that time I didn't have any and I told the PA I was getting a little tired of the $16K DIET I was on and she laughed and said "Well I don't blame you. Let's get you the help you paid for."

I sure wish you the best, dear. Dieting is so very hard, and if we were successful at it, we wouldn't have the surgery. You need and deserve the help the lapband is supposed to give you. You paid for it, you should get it. Good luck dear and in the meantime, hang in there. Try to stick to the diet and I wish you the best.

sassybee, have fun in Italy. I would LOVE to go there some day. It's such a beautiful country. My second fill was the one that gave me restriction, so I am hoping your #2 does the same for you. Have fun and enjoy your trip!!

Mwest I'm so upset he said that to u!!! Again, that's the point of the surgery! Otherwise, what's the point! We need the band to help keep us in ck. It may be sad, but it's definitely the reality of the matter. I know u've been having such a difficult time with this n I'm sure this has made it even harder. U doctor should be understanding n is supposed to cater to ur particular needs regarding the band. Particularly when it comes to the fills. Voice ur opinion n demand a fill. Good luck!

Since being banded on the 29 of March I have only lost 15 lbs. If my doctor does not give me a fill when I go back on the 29 May I'm just gonna find me another doctor. I really think I need a fill. I need to experience it for myself to determine if I wanna keep getting them or not.

Since being banded on the 29 of March I have only lost 15 lbs. If my doctor does not give me a fill when I go back on the 29 May I'm just gonna find me another doctor. I really think I need a fill. I need to experience it for myself to determine if I wanna keep getting them or not.

Mwest, u're absolutely right!! U have to find out for urself! That is just NOT right!!! I was going to suggest finding another doctor but I wasn't sure if that was a possibility for you, and didn't want to bum u out more if it isn't. Well, good luck!

I felt restriction after my first fill but not as much on the second because she didn't put as much in the second time. I think you are going to do fine.

..i want to add a comment to this even though these posts are a bit older.

im about ten days out from my first fill... in an empty 10cc band. i find it very hard to eat. ican eat baked Beans, eggs, a little... chick peas, but when i go to eat veges and meat i have difficulty. about two mouthfuls and im in trouble. i know that i must eat more than this at any one time. im taking no more than a teaspoon of food. any advice or anyone else had this? at this rate im not having any more fills for a long long time.

Judy are you chewing everything up to the consistency of applesause?

If you cant get solid Proteins down, try Protein Shakes until you go back to the doctor. You might be in need of a small unfill.

Judy are you chewing everything up to the consistency of applesause?

If you cant get solid Proteins down, try Protein Shakes until you go back to the doctor. You might be in need of a small unfill.

yep. chewing about fifty times to sixty times for meat and fish. it ends up with just the fibre left in my mouth.. which i feel like spitting out. lol. I had a little bacon with an egg last night for tea and that went down o.k. it took me an hour to eat it . Very small bites.

Im wondering now. I was away for three days this week. i was at our sons place. He lives on his own, has a mental illness, and needs me there occasionally to help him with various things he needs to do. Id put off going for six months and there was so much going on when i got there. iwas nearly running the whole two days. I came home last night and this morning im wondering if it was stress that tightened me more?? we had big jobs like carpet cleaning, spring cleaning, shopping etc etc. you can imagine what its like when a man lives on his own. Do you think its possible? Has anyone here had issues with the band tightening due to stress?