Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All! For those who had their first fill and don't feel restriction I've read that it can take up to 4 weeks to feel restriction....so don't get discouraged.

I had my first fill Wednesday and it was a breeze! So those who haven't had one yet don't stress over it. My doctor put 3cc's in; liquids for 24 hours and then when I had my 3 oz I felt totally satisfied at lunch and dinner.< /p>

I asked about not getting enough calories and they told me not to worry about the calories just get all my Protein in daily. I've found that if I double the scoops of Protein Powder it helps in getting enough protein and boosts the calories too.

Very rarely do I eat all my calories that MFP gives me. Only thing I watch is my carbs and my Protein. I was told to have between 60-80g of protein a day so thats what I aim for..

how many carbs?? iv noticed the amount of protein, now the carbs. ive not been given any indication on what to aim for .... not that ive worried all that much as ive been healing the last 6 - 7 weeks, plus re learning how to chew.. lol.. but, i have my first fill this coming wednesday and i will need to know a lot more about what is goign to help the weight loss the most.

I heard less than 120g of carbs a day.

My doctor said carbs should be half of what our Protein is and for protein I'm supposed to aim for 60-100+ gr per day.

Judy I just realized that post was yours! Hi! How's it going? I just had my first fill this past Wednesday, it was a breeze! I was on liquids for 24 hrs then had my 3oz and I was satisfied for probably about 5-6 hrs, course I was busy at work so that helped too! The doctor put 3cc's in my band.

Judy I just realized that post was yours! Hi! How's it going? I just had my first fill this past Wednesday, it was a breeze! I was on liquids for 24 hrs then had my 3oz and I was satisfied for probably about 5-6 hrs, course I was busy at work so that helped too! The doctor put 3cc's in my band.

Hi LadyBug... good to hear that its all goign well with you. So you had 3 oz? fill? ... i hope mine goes as well as yours did. im first fill on wed this week... may 9th.

Im doing o.k. weight loss has slowed down on the scales but my tummy is shrinking and my trousers are getting more baggy so something is goign on. Im not weighing myself much ... just trying to do the right thing with eating now. i havent even been measuring my food... im just starting to think about food values now.

I had a cold which made me very tired.. plus my elderly mum had major surgery three weeks ago so ive been thrown into the deep end with it all. Not good timing... but im coping thats the main thing. I have to say im feeling better as each day goes by. This time last year i was so tired and sluggish i could hardly put the day in and often didnt. This year im feeling so much better and doing more in the day now. Im not walking as much as i should be. Ive been reading about input vs output here and how much one can lose .... exercise is a very important part of all that.. so Im learning more each day. So, thanks for asking, im doing well. How is your job going?? do you have more energy now??

Had my second fill on Thurday may 3rd... can't really feel a difference yet but all is good....

Hey everyone! Haven't posted in a while.....banded with Plication on 3/20/2012. Down 21 lbs since beginning preop diet. I saw doctor this week, and was hoping for a fill. He actually removed 2 cc from my band. I have had some trouble with some food not going down causing a little vomiting. He wants to see if it was the band, or if I was just taking too big of a bite or eating too fast. I feel that it is the latter. Since the 2 cc removed, I feel like I am eating a lot more.......think I may call him and beg him to put the 2 cc back in!

Surgery date was 3/7/12. Been feeling down, although 30 pounds down since preop, i went shopping and after seeing my body, I was second guessing myself, thinking i should have opted for Sleeve or BYPASS, would be down 50 by now.. maybe in a size 18 instead of 22/...faster weight lost, less followup, less frustration.......right?

Then, I got a call from my dr. My blood work was perfect. 2 months ago i was border pre diabetic and bad Chol was high. Low Iron too! But, now, blood work was perfect!!! I am working out with less pains and more energy. Had to remind myself of why I made this decesion.

SOOOOOOO, I thought to myself....hard work and dedication goes hand in hand with the band. i do not have cravings anymore..and have not been binge eating. I am now excercising 5 days a week like I was doing 100 pounds ago. Slow and Steady works for me, the journey itself is one full of self reflection and change for the better!! Keep trucking Bandsters!!! And be sure to high five yourself for every accomplishment!!

Hello march bandsters, I was banded 3/21/2012 and am down 24.5 lbs. I can't excercise because of disability....very pleased with my progress. However, I have been really down emotionally lately. I am a very private sensitive person. I have yoyo dieted most of my life. I made the mistake of confiding in a couple of close friends here in FL(mostly retired senior citizens live here and I am one). My trusted good friends were not to be trusted and I am the topic of gossip by the idle judgement ladies here in condo land. I also made the mistake of telling a cousin from my TN home town where I spend half the year. I haven't even been back since my surgery but my cousin has been the town crier gossiped. I may be losing weight but I am also losing anyone I can ever trust and confide in.

MelVan -- hold your head up high girl! You are taking care of you! Don't worry what people will think! Relish is your accomlishments and keep going! When you lose your weight and look fabulous then all those gals will be jealous of the heads you're turning! Maybe it's time for some new friends to go along with that new body! God doesn't make mistakes, he lead you to this journey as he did me, so have faith that you are where you are suppose to be despite the gossipers!

Hang in there and be proud that you're on the road to being healthy and happy!! :) Deb

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement Ladybug28. You are right, I need to keep doing what is best for me. I have new bandster friends on this site. however prebandsters need to be cautious about who they tell. I know I should have been more guarded. Keep up your good work and progress. I wish you the best. Melvan

Hello march bandsters, I was banded 3/21/2012 and am down 24.5 lbs. I can't excercise because of disability....very pleased with my progress. However, I have been really down emotionally lately. I am a very private sensitive person. I have yoyo dieted most of my life. I made the mistake of confiding in a couple of close friends here in FL(mostly retired senior citizens live here and I am one). My trusted good friends were not to be trusted and I am the topic of gossip by the idle judgement ladies here in condo land. I also made the mistake of telling a cousin from my TN home town where I spend half the year. I haven't even been back since my surgery but my cousin has been the town crier gossiped. I may be losing weight but I am also losing anyone I can ever trust and confide in.

im so sorry this has happened to you. they abused your trust. i hope that it all blows away very quickly. this is one reason why i didnt share at all only with two people.. hubbie and my youngest daughter. no one else. people are so fickle when it comes to lapband surgery. For some reason a lot of people feel threatened by others having it done. maybe its lack of self worth or weight issues that they have?? and not enough strength or whatever to do anything about it? One thing.. if anyone said to me that it was the easy way out.. there would be a verbal blast from me. its a hard road to hoe, but its well worth it. Sending you a big hug and i hope that you dont lose precious friends and neighbours over something that is none of their business. (( hugs )))

Hi LadyBug... good to hear that its all goign well with you. So you had 3 oz? fill? ... i hope mine goes as well as yours did. im first fill on wed this week... may 9th.

Im doing o.k. weight loss has slowed down on the scales but my tummy is shrinking and my trousers are getting more baggy so something is goign on. Im not weighing myself much ... just trying to do the right thing with eating now. i havent even been measuring my food... im just starting to think about food values now.

I had a cold which made me very tired.. plus my elderly mum had major surgery three weeks ago so ive been thrown into the deep end with it all. Not good timing... but im coping thats the main thing. I have to say im feeling better as each day goes by. This time last year i was so tired and sluggish i could hardly put the day in and often didnt. This year feeling so much better and doing more in the day now. Im not walking as much as i should be. Ive been reading about input vs output here and how much one can lose .... exercise is a very important part of all that.. so Im learning more each day. So, thanks for asking, im doing well. How is your job going?? do you have more energy now??

Hi Judy! How'd your fill go? I'm doing well, and yes the energy level is going up. Work is good although extremely busy. Today is normally my day off but I have to go in for a meeting soon. Yes the weight loss is slower now but I'm happy with what I've lost so far. Hit 41 lbs this morning, I have to wait until July for the second fill, so far I don't feel a huge amount of restriction but do get full or satisfied much fast, and don't feel I get the "starving" sensation like before the surgery. It's an ongoing discovery and journey for sure! Hope all is well with you! Deb

hey bandsters i am going to have have my first fill on may 21. I am down 24 lbs. my question is did anyone who has had a fill have Any restrictions after their first fill?That is my only concern, cause right now i can eat anything.