Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soo Frustrated- Still No Restriction

Surgery 10/27/11. Had my 4th fill and am at 5.2 cc in a 14cc band. Have another month to wait. So frustrated. Expected restriction sooner.

1st, a 14 cc band s large.

I have a 10 cc band. First fill was 4 cc, NOTHING!

Second fill, was 2 cc, little change, came and went.

Third fill was the charm, 7 cc total. That was last may. I just had a .5cc fill yesterday.

ugh..i feel the exact same way. I have an 11cc band and I am at 7cc's and I feel nothing...Frustrated beyond words. Some days I wish I opted for the gastic sleeve...

Crystal

http://drsimpson.net/weight-loss/Lap-band-tests/portion-size/Lap-band-portion-size.htm I came across this website and it was very interesting to know that the band is for your mind to know its full by the thing being on that particular part of the stomach. Its got some good questions and answers. I think by that, I have a hard head!

I am having the hardest time with my portion control! I just had my first fill a week ago, and it was 3 cc's in my band. I felt a little bit of restriction initially, but then it went away. I know I need to be patient and really utilize this time to learn portion sizes, but it's so hard when I feel hungry! And I really need to wrap my head around this thing. I think THAT makes it difficult as well.

I have a 11 cc band. First fill was 4cc's and the second added 2 more. I don't have any restriction either. I still eat healthy but was hoping to have a little help on days when I feel like cheating! I hope the third fill is the charm!

Same here. I have an 11 cc band. First fill was 4cc, the second was 3 cc and the third was..can"t remember. I know it wasn't even 3 cc but I felt no restrictions until my 3rd fill. We'll see how it goes the next time.

I just had my 3rd fill yesterday for my 11cc band - 1 cc to bring me up to 8.5 cc. I was feeling no restriction at all. I started gaining weight back. I had surgery in July of 2011. I haven't eaten yet - tomorrow is my eating day (although I'm STARVING). I'm hoping third time is the charm. I'll know tomorrow. I will have to remember to eat slow!

I know a lot of it is psychological and having to retrain your eyes and stomach that it only needs a little bit of food to feel OK. I'm definitely struggling and wanting to fall back to old habits and it's easy to do when you are not feeling full. Good luck with your fill.

May

Surgery Fill (07/22/11): 1 mL

1st Fill (11/09/11): 3.5 mL(total 4.5mL)

2nd Fill (1/18/12): 3 mL (total 7.5 mL)

3rd Fill (2/20/12): 1 mL (total 8.5 mL)

I did not start to get restriction until 10.6 in a 11 CC band. Get a digital food scale if you have'nt yet and measure your Protein out and when it's gone no seconds. Fill the rest of the way with low fat/cal veggies.

I was banded 10-31-11. Got a fill on 2-27-12, fourth fill for a total of 9.25cc and I can still eat way too much. I just can't find "full". I was told my band is a 12cc max. I'm thinking something is really wrong. I feel different every day. One day I think its really working then I make up for it the next day by eating way to much because I never feel full and always feel hungry. What's up w/all this? I've lost 20lbs and just gained 2 back :o(

weight.png

Hmmm interesting posts. I was banded 12.8.2011. 1st fill January 8 3cc, then again and again and I am at 8.5cc and have a 14cc band. Feeling a little bit of a restriction but not much. My mom is at 10cc fill, she was banded in October and also has a 14cc band and still going for fills but little ones now. Going today, I bet I will be up at 9.5cc by the end of today. food is definitely getting stuck more often if not chewed properly and when I sit and eat for meals I can eat a regular plate size (not good of course) but at least I can't go for seconds. I was 243 before surgery and have been 222 with preop diet and post op a little weight loss so stuck at 21 pounds for months. I want this to work so bad!! My insurance also has a big deductible so I am literrally paying out of pocket for my fills. Good thing is is that I can go for a fill every week or two. Surgeon said it best, after a few days of being filled and you feel it's not working, come back, no need to wait. Love that!

Dont forget the hunger some fo you are feeling is head hunger, this can take a long while to get under control, i have good restriction but some days i am hungry all day. Those days i will snack on small items such as cottage cheese, sugar free Jello, Soup and tea and coffee and if i go over my calories i do extra exercise to burn it off. I think some of us will never get rid of 'hunger' pangs but its how u deal with it that will make the difference .. In all the time i have been banded i have never put on weight , the formula for me works, u need to find what works for you and stick to it.

Good luck and try to rely on yourself as much as on fills. I am at 7.5 cc in a 14cc band.

Definetely feel the same i was banded in november of 2011. I am now up to 6cc in a 10 cc band... no sign of restriction at all... only for i found a diet that works in the mean time i would not have lost any weight in the mean time.. i cant wait until the band kicks in and helps me in my journey... best of look wit urs... your not alone...

I feel your pain, I'm learning patience, good luck with your future fills.

Hello everyone, i was banded dec8th 2011, i have lost 25 pounds, now 7mos later having a really hard time losing

i need help with food choices.... ive had 5 fills 1 unfill, i have acid reflux, and no weigth loss for 2 mos.... what is going on.... help somebody.....thanks and good luck to everyone....