Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stubborn Body! No Weight Loss!

I was banded on 1/4/12 and have not lost an ounce! I haven't gained an ounce either (thank God), but I'm getting very frustrated. The protien shakes were making me nauseous, so I switched to Slim Fast but I still feel hungry and snack on fat free yogurts and crackers throughout the day. I get my first fill on 2/6 and am praying the weight starts coming off. After a month on liquids, protien shakes/bars and about 1-full meal a day I was expecting at least a few pounds. Anyone have any advise and or experiences they can share.

I had my surgery the exact same day and have been keeping track of my food intake on fitness pal.com. That has really helped. I haven't lost much weight either but I have lost some. Even on Protein Shakes and bars you can be taking in too many calories. My calorie intake varies from 800-1100 per day. Fitness pal also calculates nutrients so that is helpful too....good luck and hope you don't get discouraged.

Started going to the gym and I hurt all over but no weight loss. I think it will just come off when the conditions are right. For me probaly summer.. pools, beach, sweat! even though doing the gym, i still feel like a winter bear in hibernation

They call the time from your surgery to your first fill bandster hell for a reason. Stop focusing on the number. Focus on other things such as increasing activity, having more energy, and motivation. The weight loss will come just give it some time.

I was told not to expect any weight loss until my first fill. After surgery your focus is on healing.

Even after a few fills there may not be any feeling of restriction...I got three fills totalling 6cc in my 10cc band before I got good restriction..this is the hardest part! You are doing fantastic if you just dont gain!

Thanks for the feedback, advise and encouragement. It's the beginning of a long journey, but I'm ready!

I feel the same way sometimes..I was banded December 23rd 2009. I lost almost 60 pounds and then I got pregnant with twins before I even made it a year with my band. I am not starting all over. It is super hard to get back on track so I feel I am in the same boat. I just had a 3rd fill since my surgery and I do feel some restriction, but not as much as I would like. I am thankful everyday for my twins however, we tried for almost 6 years to get pregnant and I guess a little weight loss was the key! Good luck to you and to everyone else. I hope we all have great success! :)

I just had my first fill yesterday and my doctor said he's giving me a "nice size fill.". I wasn't sure what he meant at the time, but now I do! I do feel restriction after my first fill. It may be short-lived or even in my head, but whatever it is, I love it! I didn't get where I am overnight and I don't expect to wake up one day and be at my ideal weight. I feel much better after meeting with my doctor and nurse yesterday. I hadn't lost any weight, but my boobs are swimming in my bra (it's a good thing) and my pants fell off at costco last weekend (also a good thing - al least for me). I'm looking forward to my journey and my husband is most likely having his surgery next month. I think if your having any issues speak to your doctor and nurse. It was a huge eye-opener.

I too had a hard time getting pregnant and after losing only 20lbs on my own after 11-years I was pregnant with our son! We now have a 2-year old and a 5-month old and are more blessed than ever. Keep up the good work. 60lbs is alot of weight to lose. Congrats again and keep me posted.

You are new. Your body should be healing. If you havent gained anything then you are lucky. It took me several fills and at least 3 months before I saw any weight loss. It will come off just give it time.

Kat