Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Friends! Well 3day out of Post OP- I fell better, But this gas pain is killing me! I BEEN TAKING GAS TABS, its not going away, and a little pain in my right arm I know that is Gas! I NEED TO BURP SO BAD HELP!sad.pngsad.png

i went through that - and gas x did not help at all - they say that is only for intestinal gas not the type of gas they pump into you for the surgery. The gas hit me hard and was extremely painful from about days 3 to day 7 or 8 after surgery. After that it went away for good and i've never felt it since. You will see that this is temporary and you will go back to normal - it's just that you have to suffer through these few days. Believe me - 92+ pounds and 7 months after surgery that pain was a small price to pay. Well worth it. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF US ON OUR JOURNEYS!!!laugh.png

I feel the same way. I have tried walking around the house, the store, even moving my arms around de round. The only thing that seems to halfway work is a heating pad on my neck. Hope you start feeling better soon. I think the worst is the area where they put the port in. Feels as if i am ripping when I try to get out of a chair or bed. The doc says thats normal though. Good Luck to ya.

Yes the gas pain sucks. Unfortunately, gas tabs won't help because the air isn't in your digestive system, it's in your actual abdominal cavity. It has to be reabsorbed by your body. I know it hurts, but walking is the only way to speed along that process.

I had a lot of gas pain, too. I was worried I'd become dehydrated because it hurt to breath let alone drink anything. But it did slowly abate. I had my surgery on a Friday and by the Wednesday after I felt great.

Hang in there, I promise it does go away and gets tons better.

I had the same problem, the only thing that helped me release it was laying on my left side, and boy did that help....also walk, walk, walk...

It just a matter of time! (none of the stuff mentioned above really helped me) .

Thanks to all!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches