Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

16 Months Out, Just A Little Update.

well I'm almost 16 months post op and I'm still at it. I have a tough time losing more weight but I did manage to make it to 215 pounds now. My goal is around 200 pounds. Its been a ton of work, I run 2-3 miles each day and now added weight lifting. Believe it or not the adding of weight lifting has transformed so many different parts of my body and also bumped started the extra 6 pound weight lose. I've started to firm up the flabby areas. I manage4d to run my first 8k on thanks giving. That was the first time I ever ran 5 miles. I did it though. never stopped once. For anybody who here the comment "you took the easy way out", tell them oh yeah, lets go to the gym and maybe a little run, We'll show them how easy this is.

For those of you wondering about my eating and exercise, here is an example of my day.

Breakfast- 1 cup of either yougurt with granola or

1 cup of plain oatmeal with a teaspoon of peanutbutter or

4 hard boiled eggs minus the yolks.

the key for me is 1 cup of what ever I have. no larger...

snack- hand full of nuts

any fruit-apple, orand, pear what ever. just small amount.

Lunch- can of tuna and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or

6 oz checken breast, steak or fish with 1/2 cup of vegetables.

Snack- same as earlier snack

Dinner- Pretty much the same as lunch for me. My portions are always the same.

I personally still have protien shakes every day after I work out. I blend my Vitamins up in it as well.

I usually work out for 30- 90 minutes each day. I focus on cardio- running. I also lift weights but not really to extreme. hope this is informative to someone.

Love this, so good to hear from "oldies". I don't mind the idea of still trying to get to goal at 16 months! I hope I will be as strong as you at 16 months.

I agree, they think we took the easy way - Ha Ha!! Nothing is free, nothing. would it be as precious is it were free and easy, maybe for awhile.

Proud of your determination!!!

Im not banded yet, but I KNOW for CERTAIN that weight lifting totally helps to "sculpt" your body instead of just shedding. My body looks so different than it did a year ago.

Congrats on your success!!!

Thanks for this info!!!!!! And CONGRATS on your successful journey!! I pray my journey is this successful!!! I'm getting banded on Feb 24th.

Congrats that's awesome your doing so well. I am being banded on Monday. I hope I do as well as you and I'm glad to see you eat real food and real sized portions of food as opposed to all the horror stories I see on here. May I ask you if your band is filled or not.

I have a question. My doctor says 3 oz of solid Protein. You mentioned having 6 oz. I've wonder is if I should up my protein to maybe 4 oz. I tend to eat raw veggies plain (except for raw carrots which require hummus or they get stuck) so I am not getting high cals from them. I am also about 16 months out but am a slow loser. I do an hour of cardio 7 days a week.

Congrats that's awesome your doing so well. I am being banded on Monday. I hope I do as well as you and I'm glad to see you eat real food and real sized portions of food as opposed to all the horror stories I see on here. May I ask you if your band is filled or not.

yeah, I am filled, I have 10cc in my 14cc band. I used to be worried that I was eating to much but after talking with my doctor and weighing and measuring my food, he is ok with this amount. basically its a cup of food, I bought the 1 cup storage containers and use these for work and such. I cant tell you that what i do is right for you. key is listen to your surgeon. Goodluck to ya and feel free to ask me any questions.

I have a question. My doctor says 3 oz of solid Protein. You mentioned having 6 oz. I've wonder is if I should up my Protein to maybe 4 oz. I tend to eat raw veggies plain (except for raw carrots which require hummus or they get stuck) so I am not getting high cals from them. I am also about 16 months out but am a slow loser. I do an hour of cardio 7 days a week.

I eat very high protein. I also drink 1 protien shake a day. My goal is 125 grams of protien each day. Usually 25-30 grams of protein everytime i eat. Its important to follow a nutritionist instructions when it comes to intake. This may not be the amount you want or need, depending on your activity levels. As far as your 3oz of solid protien- Are you hungry all day? After you eat are you full? My portion sizes are what my doctor recommends. I see so many different amounts posted on here. I can only speak for what works for me. I found a very informative banded member on youtube. maybe check her out. she has hundreds of videos from food preperation to her serving size... go to youtube and search for banded wendy

I would'nt say that I am necc. hungry; but I wonder if I were to eat slightly more Protein if it would help keep me fuller longer. I can go 5 hours but when I am at work it's a long time from lunch at 12 and dinner at 8. I go to the gym after work so I get dinner late.

Way to go NYdad! You are doing awesome! And honk, 8 hours between lunch and dinner is way too long for anyone to eat! Why don't you bring a piece of string cheese and maybe a couple slices of lunchmeat to have on the way to the gym. I wasn't making it from Breakfast to lunch, and that's what the PA recommended for me.

Lord, I'm an exercise freak.. and have lost a lot of weight and I cannot stand Banded Wendy. To each their own.