Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Up Jersey!

Hey Guys, I am being banded this Friday in Princeton. Very excited!!

Just had a revision done on 12/19 so it's like starting from scratch! Welcome to the club :)

Where in central jersey?

Hi I am in Central - Anyone near?

I am also in Central Jersey. East Brunswick.

i am in central too i am in brick

Hi everyone! I am new to this group and the forums as well, this is such a great site and I'm so happy to have found a group of people from New Jersey! I am getting banded by Dr. Shakov and Dr. Strom's at Bayshore Community Hospital on Feb 15th. I noticed a few of you have been banded from that group and I would love to know how things are going! I met Dr. Reich at an information session and thought he was wonderful but he was going on vacation and I wanted to get an appointment as soon as I could because I heard it takes months to get everything done but boy does that group work fast! I had an appointment on Dec 19th and they scheduled me to get banded Feb 15th. Congrats to you all on your weight loss journey! I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Imattera,

Welcome to the group. It is a great group. So much information here from other's who have had the surgry.

I had Dr. Strom perform my surgery almost a year ago. I've seen Dr.s' Reich and Shakov for fills. They are very nice and professional as well as their office staff. I also go to the Bayshore office. I couldn't say enough about Bayshore Hospital and all their employees you come in contact with during this journey.

Wishing you the best, read and learn as much as you can on this wonderful website. Ask as many questions as you need to learn in order to go through this. It'll be 1 yr for me in 3 weeks and if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't think twice about it! As well as myself.

The best to you.

I was banded 3/2/11 at NYU dr Fielding. Live in Woodbrdige. Anyone near by?

I need to find buddies in the area. Are there any groups that meet for talk, support...? I need to get back to loosing :-)

i had dr. pasquerella with that group at SOCH but he's no longer there I see dr Reich most of the time for fills, but sometimes the other dr's of that group... they are all great and the best of what they do !

we could ! my dr does have a support group that meets every 2nd wednesday of the month it's a good time and actually i am running march's group on the importance of excercise and we are even going to do some zumba ( i am an instructor) other than that if you want to do something for this group... i live in Brick I would be willing to meet up in real life

Hi Everyone - I am in central Jersey as well. My name is Danielle, I am going to be 28 and I have surgery next Friday. I currently live in North Brunswick and having surgery at the new Princeton Hospital (which is gorgeous by the way). I am very excited and I am hoping to make some new friends who are going through the same things. I don't have many people in my life who struggle with weight so while they are supportive and want me to be happy and healthy, they don't truly understand - that is where you guys come in!! :) I am starting this journey at 260 pounds (I am 5'6'') and would like to maintain weight at around 175. I know other people have desires to go much lower but I am naturally built wide and I don't see that being a possiblity for me. Plus, I like my curves! :)

If you guys are going to do a support group or even just a text/email group, please let me know. I would love to have check ins on what we ate, how much we exercised and hopefully we can motivate each other. I also love to cook so once I get through liquids and mushies, I am going to venture into healthy cooking and would love to swap recipes and such.

Hi Everyone - I am in central Jersey as well. My name is Danielle, I am going to be 28 and I have surgery next Friday. I currently live in North Brunswick and having surgery at the new Princeton Hospital (which is gorgeous by the way). I am very excited and I am hoping to make some new friends who are going through the same things. I don't have many people in my life who struggle with weight so while they are supportive and want me to be happy and healthy, they don't truly understand - that is where you guys come in!! :) I am starting this journey at 260 pounds (I am 5'6'') and would like to maintain weight at around 175. I know other people have desires to go much lower but I am naturally built wide and I don't see that being a possiblity for me. Plus, I like my curves! :)

If you guys are going to do a support group or even just a text/email group, please let me know. I would love to have check ins on what we ate, how much we exercised and hopefully we can motivate each other. I also love to cook so once I get through liquids and mushies, I am going to venture into healthy cooking and would love to swap recipes and such.

Danielle,

I also got banded at the new hospital in Princeton. The nurses and staff were great there. Who is your DR?