Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Up Jersey!

hey all! welcome to the group! ROLL CALL

where in jersey are you?

where did you have your surgery?

when did/ or are you going to have your surgery?

Hi i'm ashley i am in ocean county .. i had my surgery at southern ocean county hospital on april 22, 2011 and currently down 100 lbs!!

look forward to getting to know all of you please invite your friends and get this place hoppin

Hi there! I am from Bergen County and I just got approved!!! I am planning on having my surgery in April, 2012. Any suggestions? I am trying to get used to drinking slower and not having soda....I am looking forward to feeling better about myself! Any thoughts are appreciated!!

Hello everyone!! I'm in Camden County NJ and am scheduled to have my lap band survey done at Cooper Hospital on 4/5/12. I am so ready to start my journey.

Hi there! I am from Bergen County and I just got approved!!! I am planning on having my surgery in April, 2012. Any suggestions? I am trying to get used to drinking slower and not having soda....I am looking forward to feeling better about myself! Any thoughts are appreciated!!

welcome! This is a great journey and I am excited for you... it's not easy but it is soo worth it! I guess suggestions would be get used to not drinking and eating together, it will make it easier for when you can't do it anymore. Remember this is your decision to have this done and don't let anyone tell you any different. Make sure to get all your Vitamins and try Proteins shakes before your pre-op diet so you can pick some you like ( you will be drinking a lot of them) chocolate, vanilla and unflavored are always safe. you will do great! I will think of more tips if you want :)

I'm in Essex county, surgery on 3/28 at Mountainside Hospital. Day 4 of pre-op diet not easy but manageable.

I'm in Monmouth County, between Belmar and Spring Lake, 1-2 miles from the beach!

I'm in Monmouth County, between Belmar and Spring Lake, 1-2 miles from the beach!

i am in brick so we are pretty close

Thanks so much for all of your support! My surgery is set for April 16th. I am excited to start this new journey!!

I'm in Monmouth County between LongBranch and Little Silver. B-52: I use to live in Belmar for 25 years. 2 blocks from the ocean near Silver Lake, what I referred as the "mild side" of town, not the "wild side". Loved walking the boards from Avon to Spring Lake.

Went to Bayshore in Holmdel for surgery. AscherCrasher's, Alexd: we probably had the same group of docs. Mine works out of SOCH and originally Mountainside.

Kudos to all of us.

Good to hear!! I go fishing off the beach right there on the Belmar/spring lake border.

We live in wall, off Belmar Blvd, our mailing address is Belmar.

I used the group out of Centre-state in Freehold. I did all my pre-testing at Bayshore, and the Dr.s in that area.

I think the 2 practices are related, just different locations.

Love the area. Moved out 6 yrs ago. Just took a ride last weekend to visit some friends in Belmar and Wall area and saw that Belmar is a changin' big time. Love the new look! Have a great weekend and don't eat too much on Easter.

Hey everyone, Im from Middletown (monmouth county). Got banded 8/31/11 by the awesome Dr. Strom at Mountainside Hosp, and currently get my fills at Bayshore hosp in Holmdel. Anyone else use Dr. Strom? So glad to have my band, and so glad its working! :)

I was banded by Dr. Strom at Mountainside hospital on 3/28/12.

Hey Alex, thats great. a few weeks out, how are you feeling?

I was banded by Dr. Strom also. At Bayshore. He is awesome and so is his staff! It was great to have everything all in once place, nutritionist, psyche eval, and suggested area doctors for all pre-op tests.