Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

Hi Josette,

Congrats on your consult in a couple of weeks! I'm glad that you were able to come up with an a different route, I felt bad for you when it didn't work out with Dr Deol. I'm hoping that the costs won't be as restrictive for you. I'm not sure what your surgeon will do but I imagine it's all pretty much the same, he'll tell you everything you want to know about our buddy, the band, and answer all your questions. He might do a little exam also. I'll bet you'll come out of it all pumped up, raring to go! If they didn't tell you to bring anything, I would judt make sure to have all your information and numbers. Good luck to you, let us know what happens, k?

~Joe

Hi Josette i was looking at some threads and read your story, I went to port huron to a seminar in oct they were up front on things insurance may or may not cover to make a long story short after five months post opp. including all co-pays and deductables to date, out of pocket is less then $675.00

i had one meeting with a conseller, one meeting with dr.Bhesania and then on january 17,05 he did the surgery and its been great.

good luck josette I hope all works out for you as well

T.L.

Hi Ladies,

I am from Whitmore Lake MI. I am new to all of this, and would like to know if you are charged every time you go for a fill? Is this not included in your office visit?

Martha

I have my consult with Dr. Boutt on June 15th. I'm very excited about it. They said it takes a couple hours. Any advice on what I will be doing? Anything I should bring? How long after that till my surgery do you think?

Yeah for you!! Firstly, they will schedule your surgery while you're there...as soon or as long as you want it. The first option they gave me was 2 weeks away. They will completely work with your schedule.

Firstly, I was weighed in and b/p check, followed by talking with Dr. Boutt for 10-15 minutes Q & A format, then i met with a nurse who talked about the risks and benefits involved, including costs and insurance info. After that I met with Sue, the nutritionist who did an eval and gave some pointers. ...then, my buddy and I went out for lunch, shopping at the nifty arts and crafts stores, and came home :girl_hug:

You might want to take a pen and notebook...be prepared with any questions or concerns you may have.

i hope this helps. Again, i am soo excited for you!:clap2:

What days of the week did you guys get banded and how long before you were ready to go back to work? I have an office job so I was thinking about trying to get a Friday and then coming back to work Monday or Tuesday. What do you think?

Josette, I don't remember which day of the week I was banded but I was one of those people who needed a full week before I felt up to doing much. I was tired all the time, and even needed a nap through week two. I know that there are people on here who were shopping the day after banding, but you probably want to give yourself a little extra time off in case you need it.

Martha - howdy! I'm right down the road from you in Pinckney. Where are you being banded? I'm not sure how my fills get billed. Since my doc doesn't use fluroscopy I think they just bill it as an office visit. My insurance covers them completely once I reach my deductible.

Hi,

I'm from Merrill, MI. I had my surgery at Port Huron Hospital with Dr. Boutt. He is a great doc.

Josette, i was banded Thursday, took Friday off, was planning on returning to work Monday, but ended up taking it off on because of the pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder. Went back to work Tuesday (desk job also), and did great...not everyone can do that...only you know you!

Janski,

I have family in Merrill!! Not too much info, but since there are a million, do you know the Horny's, Siler's, and Breternitz's?? All mine! :eek:

Gosh, i just thought...what if you are one of them??!! :)

Everyone in Michigan have a safe storm season!

Hi Trip2beme,

No I do not know any of those names. I'm originally from shields but have lived in Merrill for over 11 years. I work in Saginaw. I live about 5 miles out on the country. Sorry late on the reply I don't get on very often.

Janet

Janet,

Have you had an complications from your band? Congrants on your coming up one year bandiversary!

HI, I am from Michigan too, Traverse City. I am looking at having surgery

probably with Dr. Kuri. My insurance won't pay so I will have to be self pay and Mexico is probably the only way I can afford to do it. I am looking for fill doctors in Michigan. Who is Dr. Deol, where is she located?

Does she take patients who have had surgery in Mexico? I would be very

interested in hearing from Michigan people and any help you can give me

regarding getting a fill doctor. Any idea what she charges? Thanks, Trudy

Hi Josette,

No I haven't had any problems. I really pay attention during "the week of" thou. If I'm going to PB it will be that week. Sometimes it makes not sense when I pb but usually I know why. Only a month away from a year. Glad 40 lbs is gone. It may be slow but It's my race I'm running. I'm glad it doesn't come back. I thought I would have to go back on the year anniversery to run some tests but he said I'll see you in 2-3 months. I said perfect w/contruction and gas close to $3.00. He is happy with my progress.

janet

Hello, I am from Michigan, near Traverse City. I am looking at Dr. Deol, and Dr. Bhesania in Port Huron. I don't know if I have the 12 consecutive months of a supervised weight lose plan Blue Cross/ BS wants so I don't know if my internist will help me get insurance to pay. I am ready to go to Dr. Kuri or Dr. Rumbaut or Dr. Sanchez in Mexico. I am hoping for follow up care with Dr. Deol or Dr. Pleatman for fills but don't know if they will take me if I go to Mexico. Any advice???

I had my surgery in Mexico on 3/26/2006 and Dr. Pleatman is my fill doctor. He did not seem to mind that I had the sugery done in Mexico.

Hi there,

I would highly recommend Dr Rumbaut. In my opinion, they are better than any Dr's here in the US. I was so pleased with my treatment while being down there it still amazes me! As a matter of fact, one of the ladies in our same group of lap band patients that week is a Physician in Ohio, she told me personally that she had researched for a long time and decided to go with Rumbaut. As far as aftercare, I am going to try Dr. Pleatman. His secretary has been awesome and very helpful. As soon as I feel ready for a fill, that is where I will probably go. The only other place in my opinion for fills would be back to Monterrey. Hope that helps.

Kim