Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Days Till Surgery:)

Hi, my name is Lisa. I looked into this about 2 years ago and decided this past summer to re-visit the thought of having the Lap Band after many failed attempts before. I am 7 days away from having surgery and am really looking forward to starting a healthier life. At 43, I never imagined that I would be on 2 blood pressure pills, cholesterol meds and have constant back and knee pain that prevented me from enjoying the things I like to do. I am hoping that once this process starts, I will beging feeling like my old self again, before I gained all this weight:(.

Today I started a liquid diet, so far so good, except for all the rumbling sounds, otherwise it's not too bad yet. Any suggestions would be great.

I have pretty much stocked my cabinets with Soup, broth and shake powders for the next month. Yumm001_huh.gif I guess my husband is on his own now for awhile. LOL

Other than that, it has become a count down and I am so ready. This past year has been kind of a hectic time for our family. My son is deployed in Aphganistan, I returned to college after 20 years to start a new career and I am helping my son and his GF, plan their wedding this coming September. Hopefully by then I will have lost enough weight to finally feel good about myself and be able to go dress shopping. Wish me luckteeth_smile.gif

Hi Lisa!

Yippeeee, 7 more days you must be so excited. Congratulations in taking the first step to a new and healthier you!

Keep us all posted on your progress :)

Hi, my name is Lisa. I looked into this about 2 years ago and decided this past summer to re-visit the thought of having the Lap Band after many failed attempts before. I am 7 days away from having surgery and am really looking forward to starting a healthier life. At 43, I never imagined that I would be on 2 blood pressure pills, cholesterol meds and have constant back and knee pain that prevented me from enjoying the things I like to do. I am hoping that once this process starts, I will beging feeling like my old self again, before I gained all this weight:(.

Today I started a liquid diet, so far so good, except for all the rumbling sounds, otherwise it's not too bad yet. Any suggestions would be great.

I have pretty much stocked my cabinets with Soup, broth and shake powders for the next month. Yumm001_huh.gif I guess my husband is on his own now for awhile. LOL

Other than that, it has become a count down and I am so ready. This past year has been kind of a hectic time for our family. My son is deployed in Aphganistan, I returned to college after 20 years to start a new career and I am helping my son and his GF, plan their wedding this coming September. Hopefully by then I will have lost enough weight to finally feel good about myself and be able to go dress shopping. Wish me luckteeth_smile.gif

I started my liquid diet today and my surgery is on Tuesday!!!!! 5 days! SO I am excited and nervous too....Best of Luck and speedy recovery for you!

Yay...this is so exciting and the beginning of a great new journey for you. A bit of advice, get use to your stomach making some crazy noises because that is a big part of this :).....Your husband wil be fine on his own for a bit, lots of sugar free popsickles, broths, Protein Shakes, Water water and then more water and lots of walking are all in your future, good luck to you this is the best decision i ever made.....had surgery 9/14 started at 320 and am not at 257 :)GL to you!!!

woooohoooo! Congrats. My son is getting married in October 2012 and I think I'm super excited to look like a hot momma at his wedding :-) Best wishes, keep us posted!

U mean 6 more day!!Lol, We have our Surgery the same day!! Keep me posted! We can bee Lapband Buddies!! Take Care........:)fruitsex.gif

Hi!

My name is Lisa too.. I am being banded on Thurs, January 26! on a two week pre-op diet now.. down 10 pounds.. I'm scared yet excited at the same time.

All the best to you with your surgery.

Take Care!

Hi Lisa, My surgery is a week from tomorrow and I start my liquid diet tomorrow morning. Like you, I can't wait for my surgery. Excited not anxious as I've been thinking about this for some time as well. I'm a month shy of beinga very young 57 {so they tell me} and due to health issues and just everyday life issues, I've put on lots of weight the past 4 years. Fortunately, I am not on any BP or cholesterol meds but if I keep this up, I'll be on them plus eventually become a diabetic.

Hoping you have much success on your new journey being healthier & happier.

All the best Meredith! I have have just started the second week of my pre-op diet and the second week is a lot easier (at least for me) than the first few days on it was. I think my body now realizes that this is all it's getting and I am not going to starve! not nearly as hungry as I was.

Wishing you lots of success and stay strong on your liquid diet.. it takes lots of willpower.. you can do it!

Lisa