Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"old Lady" Thighs

When I was a lifegaurd (in my early 20s), I would see these old ladies at the pool with their skinhanging on their thighs--like wrinkled tissue paper. Well, after losing 112 pounds, my thighs started looking like "old lady" thighs and I didn't like it, so what did I do? I "allowed" myself to gain weight and deep down I was pleased to see my thighs beginning to plump back out again (I mean, "fat" is better than "old lady" right?!). Such a slippery slope! Now at 22 lbs more than my lowest weight and inching close to the dreaded 200 zone, I've got to face the fact that I'm going to be 50 next year, and I'd rather have "old lady" thighs than "old lady" arteries, and "old lady" joints. What a silly game I was playing with myself! Time to update the weightloss ticker, face reality, and get back in the game!

WC, I so get it....I was considering a thigh lift for my old lady thighs but the expense and disability recovery time was too much. Over Christmas I gained 20 pounds and my thighs plumped up like yours and I was happy with that part. I did update my ticker with my real wt like you and can now down grade it but the old lady thighs are back....I chose as you do...health over worrying.!!!

Best wishes,

Mimi

Mimi, Thanks so much for posting! Yea for "old lady" thighs (good god, I never thought I'd say THAT!)! Congratulations on your weight loss!

I O so Understand ! I have the Old Lady Thighs going on, and they have plumped up some, but I WOULD RATHER HAVE skin hanging, and fitting into smaller cloths, then PLUMP Thighs, and have to wear a larger size.

I do understand trust me.

I'm super worried about old lady thighs. When I think about it I wonder how good I'm going to feel about myself then. I am disappointed with myself for getting to this point and then to have the reminder of old lady thighs! I am struggling with the good and the bad. I know my health is the most important and have to keep reminding myself of that! I'd love to live to see my Grandchildren someday when the are born, so I guess old lady thighs it is!

My inner thighs are starting to look like old lady thighs too. But not too may people get to see them as I'm not a naturist and I don't very often wear a swimsuit. Anyway they have to be better than fat rolls .

Glad that you have come to your senses Willow.

I understand how you feel especially about the 50 part - that will be me in Dec and that is so scary. When did I get that old!

When I was a lifegaurd (in my early 20s), I would see these old ladies at the pool with their skinhanging on their thighs--like wrinkled tissue paper. Well, after losing 112 pounds, my thighs started looking like "old lady" thighs and I didn't like it, so what did I do? I "allowed" myself to gain weight and deep down I was pleased to see my thighs beginning to plump back out again (I mean, "fat" is better than "old lady" right?!). Such a slippery slope! Now at 22 lbs more than my lowest weight and inching close to the dreaded 200 zone, I've got to face the fact that I'm going to be 50 next year, and I'd rather have "old lady" thighs than "old lady" arteries, and "old lady" joints. What a silly game I was playing with myself! Time to update the weightloss ticker, face reality, and get back in the game!

Honey! Don't gain! Get some plastic surgery done! I've had an Lower Body Lift, An Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, An extended Thigh lift with Lipo, A brachioplasty and a full face lift with upper eye lift! I'm returning for my breasts and upper body lift with my second stage of my thigh lift! I went to Monterrey Mexico to Dr Francisco Saucedo! He is a miracle worker! I have a better body today - after losing over 250lbs than I did when I was 20 years old!

I have considered plastic surgery to get rid of my old lady thighs and old lady arms, but have pretty much accepted them. I don't wear shorts or swimming suits in public, so it really isn't a big deal to me. If I had lost 200 pounds or something, my thinking may be different. Right now a nice pair of jeans do the trick. Other people don't know I have such ugly thighs.

i still have alot to lose but am hoping to do some toning up (i know there is going to be access skin) i was looking at my arms (they are still big and have skin hanging) really scared me so i am going to start hitting the gym and hope it helps

Honey! Don't gain! Get some plastic surgery done! I've had an Lower Body Lift, An Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, An extended Thigh lift with Lipo, A brachioplasty and a full face lift with upper eye lift! I'm returning for my breasts and upper body lift with my second stage of my thigh lift! I went to Monterrey Mexico to Dr Francisco Saucedo! He is a miracle worker! I have a better body today - after losing over 250lbs than I did when I was 20 years old!

Oops--I was trying to quote Party--and something went wrong. Thanks Party for the info on your surgeon. I'm not sure I want all of that surgery, but I'm so glad it has been working out for you! :). Congrats on your weight loss! Who knows, I might change my mind about surgery someday, but gaining weight is definitely not the way to handle the old lady thighs.

I feel your pain, I have those saggy old legs as well. A few years a go (i was only 36 yrs old mind you) my nephew looked at my legs and asked me how old I was. I told him that I was younger than his mother why, he said your legs look so old. I was heavy at the time so you an imagin how I felt. I have lost over 60 pounds since Oct and go the the gym every other day and i am trying very hard to get those saggy's between my legs to disappear. It is working slowly and hope my nephew this summer can see a difference seeing I am two years away from the big 40.... So for me gaining weight did not help my legs it made it worse this is why the are so bad now, yoyo dieting did my legs in..... Good luck to you and everyone that battles old saggy legs////

I found mine last week and said....There goes my mini skirt(LOL). Guess I just have to work to get the size 10 jeans or 8 and work with it. DH says the jiggle let's him know I am happier now.

To the poster- What if you tried really hard to exercise? You might be able to tone your body up at least some what! That's what I'm hoping to do. My mom ended up with the same thing as all of you ladies, but she hates it. She wants to have plastic surgery so bad to fix it but she cannot afford it. Its been 11 years since she had gastric bypass and lost over 100 pounds and has wanted to fix it ever since. She didn't exercise much though so I think that was her problem! She might have been able to prevent it!

Well, I also, have old lady thighs. My husband said with panty hose on, that my legs look great, so I can wear above the knee skirts and such. But, I have to live with the old lady thighs when swimming. I am sorry, I do not want to go through plastic surgery. I am not into pain, even if it will make me look better! I am just having to work harder, but don't know that exercise will do it! Good luck and here's to "Old Lady Thighs"!!! Karen