Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If You Are On The Fence About Surgery Read This.

What an inspiring post!

I have been a member since 2006, I have talked myself out of it every year...but then one person on here was shocked, and said just do it...and it hit me, she was right..March 9th, I will be on my way to Mexico...No longer looking back...so excited...continue success for you!!!!

Good for you Lannae! Can't wait to see your success on here too!

Yes it was you!!! I never noticed how long I have been a memeber, every year I think I can tackle it on my own, but then every year I come back with the same tears...and you were shocked and told me to bite the bullet, I think you may have wanted to say something else, but you didnt..lol...I cant wait...I just cant wait!!!!

I have been a member since 2006, I have talked myself out of it every year...but then one person on here was shocked, and said just do it...and it hit me, she was right..March 9th, I will be on my way to Mexico...No longer looking back...so excited...continue success for you!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this part of your experience as you were trying to decide on WLS. I feel much the same way! Best wishes in Mexico and in your future with the band!

Yes it was you!!! I never noticed how long I have been a memeber, every year I think I can tackle it on my own, but then every year I come back with the same tears...and you were shocked and told me to bite the bullet, I think you may have wanted to say something else, but you didnt..lol...I cant wait...I just cant wait!!!!

All I wanted to say was "just bite the bullet and do it"! I am so happy you have decided to do it. I would shout it from the mountain top how happy I am that I had the surgery if I could! 6 years is a long time to think about it. I had been seeing the signs, hearing the commercials for 2 years and thought about it. My mom offered it to me and I still took a year to accept her offer. Guess I had to be in the right frame of mind, and not being able to tie my shoes was the icing on the cake, yikes! So happy for you Lannae!

i got for my consultation tomorrow! I too have done the research and there is no way in hell i would do anything BUT the LAPBAND!!! i dont care how effective one might be vs the other, god forbid something down the road happens to me i want to know it can be removed, all the other ways once they cut out your stomach its gone for life! no thanks!! i cant wait to get this done and finally start to enjoy life...and to those out there who feel like they are the only ones getting banded, dont ever question what your having done is right or wrong, its YOUR body and you get what YOU want...do the research and come to your own conclusion, reguardless of what the dr says its ultimately YOUR decision! hopefully by/during summer i will be banded! good luck everyone!

It looks like this is going to be a great journey for all of us....so happy...4weeks to a new start in life, or a push...lol

Very timely post! I just got the call today,and my Lap Band is scheduled for March 27th. I'm a medical professional,and admit freely that I'm really concerned about Esophageal Dilatation. I guess I'm over analyizing the whole thing,but I know it's time...... I just turned 60 and eventhough I have no co-morbidities, it's just a matter of time if I don't do something about this weight. Thanks for the positive vibes!

Very timely post! I just got the call today,and my Lap Band is scheduled for March 27th. I'm a medical professional,and admit freely that I'm really concerned about Esophageal Dilatation. I guess I'm over analyizing the whole thing,but I know it's time...... I just turned 60 and eventhough I have no co-morbidities, it's just a matter of time if I don't do something about this weight. Thanks for the positive vibes!

good luck to you! no problems with my esophagus so far - but only 7 1/2 months out so who knows. By the way - i'm now down 98 pounds - closing in on 100 - feels good i'm not going to lie =) BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!!tongue.png

Wow Allision you're doing great. 7.5 months and 98 pounds gone that is awesome. I can only dream of that success if my approval ever comes.

thanks

Wow Allision you're doing great. 7.5 months and 98 pounds gone that is awesome. I can only dream of that success if my approval ever comes.

thanks

you are already doing fantastic on your supervised diet - that is an excellent indicator of how you will do with the band. KEEP US POSTED!wink.png

Lannae my band is scheduled for March 9 too!!!! Im defintely on the egde of my seat with excitement and anxiety.