Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Visible Port Bump After Tummy Tuck?

Thinking about the TT and asked my PS about switching to the low profile port because mine looks like a half a golf ball under my skin! He said there isnt that much difference and it might not be worth it because there would still be a bump. Not sure If I want to spend 7K and still have a weird lump!

Anyone have this issue ?

Thanks all!

That is exactly the question that I have.....I have an appointment with the PS at the end of the month. My port is my major question/concern.....I don't want to pay 7k and have a golf ball sticking out on my flat tummy. I guess the people that have had tummy tucks should be able to help with this information....

I am planning on having a lower body lift in June and my surgeon told me that if my port shows after he pulls my skin tight, that he would add tissue around the port area...not quite sure what that all meant, but he assured me that it would not show.

Having a tt end of march. My port currently looks like a golf ball as im pretty slim and the ps said he could swap the port over for me. However, when i pull my skin tight, it actually shows less, so i think a low profile one will make a big difference. My concern is i dont want to go through th whole rigmarole of unfilling again! I had to pitch a fit to get refilled coz the doc at my surgeons practice wouldnt fill me coz im not overweight - yet she told me before she unfilled me to come back 3 weeks afte my cancer surgry and shed fill me again, that everyone whos unfilled gains (i didnt). So im goingto see my actual surgeon to make sure I wont get stuck for six months without fill again!

J, Do you have to get it unfilled for the surgery or only if you have the port switched??? I would HATE to get unfilled beause mine is so perfect! My doc did say he could 'dig a hole' with the Lipo cannula under it so it could sit lower against the abdominal wall. I seriously cant decide. I talked to Lellow about it and she said hers isnt too big but shes just used to it...shes pretty darn skinny and has had belt lipectomy...shes awesome if anyone hasnt looked her up!

Can they move the port to a different location? I am not sure where might be better, but my bariatric surgeon said there are any number of locations that can be used.

I suspect both my surgon and the ps would tell me to unfill anyway, but if i wasnt thinking about the port, i wouldnt ask em :-/. I had my ileostomy reversal with fill in place, absolutely no problem. I just assume you would have to unfill to sitch the port?

Thinking about the TT and asked my PS about switching to the low profile port because mine looks like a half a golf ball under my skin! He said there isnt that much difference and it might not be worth it because there would still be a bump. Not sure If I want to spend 7K and still have a weird lump!

Anyone have this issue ?

Thanks all!

J, Do you have to get it unfilled for the surgery or only if you have the port switched??? I would HATE to get unfilled beause mine is so perfect! My doc did say he could 'dig a hole' with the Lipo cannula under it so it could sit lower against the abdominal wall. I seriously cant decide. I talked to Lellow about it and she said hers isnt too big but shes just used to it...shes pretty darn skinny and has had belt lipectomy...shes awesome if anyone hasnt looked her up!

I've had the Anchor Cut TT and my port sticks out much more now. I will eventually get the Low Profile port, but for now - I am focused on getting my breasts done. I've had my face and thighs and arms done along with a lower body lift and I never had an unfill at all. My doctor uses an epidural and not general, so I didn't have the post op vomiting that I usually do. I had a hernia near the port location and my ps said that is pretty normal. He sees that a lot with Banders. He fixed the hernia. You can move the port to lower tummy area, near your belly button, but I would think that would feel strange when you sit down. I'll just keep mine where it is and get the lower profile.

He did say mine will move down a bit and that he would 'dig a hole' under it to help it sit lower...I think he meant Lipo a hole under it! I really just cant decide if I want to do it at all!

I had a TT 11-10-11. I lost 20 pounds since, and I do have a golf ball in my tummy. I hate it!

Hi I had a body lift in November, my port was much more visible before, not it is hardly noticeable. Took awhile before I could even feel it. My Dr advised that he does not move the port, to my surprise after the Body lift my port which was on the right was now on the left. Seems that tightening up the muscles the port ended up on the other side! Just shows you how much they were tightened. Think it all will depend on your weight etc.

I just had my Tummy Tuck 4 days ago and I had my lap band surgeon come in and switch me to a low profile port. Like you mine stuck out like a golf ball under the skin and even if the low profile port goes down by half thats good enough for me. As of right now there is only a little bit of swelling there and I can't see it.

I am so excited for you!

I'm sure this topic is dead but my surgeon is going to do a port revision on me and I haven't heard of anyone doing it this way. Anyway, since the low-profile isn't that much thinner, he may replace the port to the slim one but then he's stiching it under my muscle. I didn't have a choice of doing it laproscopically so I'm doing a Tummy Tuck at the same time. Hopefully he uses the same incision but my plastic surgeon was blabbing on about another higher incision and I was like, whoa! no, you're going through the same hole! That's the whole point! Anyway, I have my pre-op two days before surgery so I'm realllly going to double check haha

(Also, if I decide to get fills after this it's going to be through muscle and crazy painful, so I'm having him give a teeny tiny fill while he's in there.)