Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Too Tight Or Is The What You Consider The Green Spot

I went in for my 3rd fill yesterday, .5 cc. Well all day yesterday I was burping literally every 3 minutes, gross. Why does this happen, can I avoid this? Anyway what I'm concerned about is that I can only tolerate about 3 sips of Water before it just sits there. I tried to have some chicken broth twice. The first time I took about 3 spoonfuls and that was all I could tolerate, it didn't come up but felt it just there. The 2nd time, it did come up. I have never experienced this with my previos fills. I called my doc and have an appt tomorrow, but in the meanwhile I'd like some feedback. Also, can I damage my band from throwing up too much? Feedback anyone I'd really appreciate it.

weight.png

Sounds to me as though you are too tight but your dr will tell you for sure. Sometimes it can take a day or two for you to get used to a new fill level but you should be able to tolerate fluids without vomiting or feeling so bad!

Thanks for your response. I usually can feel the affects of the fill after a few weeks, so I can just imagine what it will feel like once I start eating foods as I'm still on liquids.< /p>

Too tight or green spot??? I am so glad glad that someone else has this question instead of just me. When I went and got last fill, my doctor told me that he felt sure that I would be near reaching my green or sweet spot (some people call it sweet).lol...He also told me to be very careful as far as making sure I chew my food enough and to take small bites and also let each bite go down before I take another. I can tell you this...He was not lying...I haven't had this much restriction since right after I had my surgery. I believe I have reached my green spot even though at first I thought he had me too tight. Every morning when I get up I have to take small sips until I get loosened up some. Most days I have a Protein Shake later in the morning like 10:00 or so. Then I usually eat a meal later in the afternoon like 4:00 or so. Some nights I will have a shake before bed and then some nights I don't have anything because I am not hungry.

Very hard to say. I am in the "Green Zone", but I have never had that type of reaction so soon after a fill.

But I have been informed that 24-48 hrs after a fill you can have some reactions like swelling. Dr. has always told me to take it easy.

Did they have you drink Water before you left the office?

Only 1/2 cc? What was your restriction like prior to the fill? Were you getting stuck and such?

More to this question: do you have to much tightness first few days? As with swelling ect.

let me know if your doc takes some Fluid out when I got my fill up to the 3cc I was to tight and had to be unfilled and now with this fill I got last week I have no restriction so I will be interested in what your doc does

Hi there , i just also got my third fill this past monday. I defenetly feel more restriciton. I have a total of 7cc in my band ! i also feel the liquid sit in my pouch, and when I eat thicker substances, they just sit there then i feel it go down. I do not have any vomitting what so ever. I started solids today and the same thing,i have to eat very, very slow. which i find very annoying, but its part of the band. Chewing a lot and eating slow! wth this fill i am finding it dififcult to eat 1000 calories as i dont feel hungry and my fullness lasts over 4-5 hrs. I hope this lasts !!

i defenetly dont think that vomitting is a good sign, as that can lead to band slippage. it's a really good thing that you made an appt with you doc immidietly. keep us posted , how did your doc appt go ?

I too am having the same issues. I went to the Dr. about six weeks ago for a fill, since then I have felt constient restriction. If I do not check my food completely it gets stuck, and comes back. If I eat slow I have no problem s, but I do feel alot of restriction. I thought it would eventually loosen up but so far it has not. I guess I will see what the Dr. says next week. I also burp alot...

Hi everyone had my surgury Dec. 27, fell great.

Hi there , i just also got my third fill this past monday. I defenetly feel more restriciton. I have a total of 7cc in my band ! i also feel the liquid sit in my pouch, and when I eat thicker substances, they just sit there then i feel it go down. I do not have any vomitting what so ever. I started solids today and the same thing,i have to eat very, very slow. which i find very annoying, but its part of the band. Chewing a lot and eating slow! wth this fill i am finding it dififcult to eat 1000 calories as i dont feel hungry and my fullness lasts over 4-5 hrs. I hope this lasts !!

i defenetly dont think that vomitting is a good sign, as that can lead to band slippage. it's a really good thing that you made an appt with you doc immidietly. keep us posted , how did your doc appt go ?

IMO, that is a good place to be. It is where I like it.

I too am having the same issues. I went to the Dr. about six weeks ago for a fill, since then I have felt constient restriction. If I do not check my food completely it gets stuck, and comes back. If I eat slow I have no problem s, but I do feel alot of restriction. I thought it would eventually loosen up but so far it has not. I guess I will see what the Dr. says next week. I also burp alot...

When you are FORCED to have eating habits like that, you will also notice how small your portions are. Automatic Portion Control!

I went for my first fill today, my dr said sign of too much of a fill are if the Water just sits in your throat, if you vomit, or if you have heart burn. sounds definitly like you need to have a little taken out.

Thank you all for your replies. I went in on Friday and he took some liquid out the .5. Doing lots better, I can at least drink liquids and stay in. I almost had to go to the ER, I'm also diabetic so my levels were dropping but were able to stablize. I haven't really tried to eat solids yet, just little nibbles here and there and I definitely feel the restriction. On a good note, I lost 5 lbs in two days, but i know that that wasn't healthy.

weight.png

Good for you, you are very wise to see teh surgoen and have a little removed, vomitting excessivley can cause a slippage. Good luck!