Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I decided that there should be a PCOS Bandster group. Hopefully the numbers will grow and we can all offer each other support and information to help each other. My name is Victoria and I am 28 years old and have been officially diagnosed with PCOS for 5 years. I have been through a lot of the horrible aspects of PCOS and I am hoping that with the band that the PCOS will go away. I have been banded for only 4 days but I am hoping that the weight comes off quickly and I can feel like a normal woman. Thats all I want. I hope that there are more woman out there that will join this group and that it helps people with support and understanding of what we all have gone through and with everything that is to come, whether good or bad.

i'm ashley i have had pcos for i don't remember how long. i have been banded for 9 months now and i defenitely feel the difference... i used to have the discoloration of my skin, i don't any more and i think my periods have been more regular and not as heavy ... i hope it goes away completely

I'm Shanell andd I also was dx with pcos about 6 months ago. I plan on having my lapband done sometime in March 2012..so glad to see this group on here..look forward to talking to you ladies..

Hi all! I'm Carrie and I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001. I managed, as best as I could, with Metformin, Spironolactone, BCP and laser hair removal. In 2004 I started fertility treatments with 4 rounds of Clomid, Fermara and IUIs. In 2009 I started fertility shots with IUIs and after two cycles got pregnant. I now have a 2 1/2 year old daughter.

In Feb 2011 I had the Lap Band surgery after I found myself 10lb heavier post baby, and I was already high to begin with. I've had my band for 1 year and are down 63 lbs. My biggest advice to everyone with PCOS and the band... we will lose the weight slower than others. Don't get discouraged! Keep on with higher Protein eating and exercise.

I am glad that we all found each other. It helps to talk to other people who have similar issues and like Carrie said weightloss tends to be slower with us PCOS ladies it will be nice for us to have each other when we need the support.

HEY, IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND ALSO HAVE PCOS. I AM REALLY EXCITED FOR FRIDAY MY FIRST APPOINTMENT TO START THIS AMAZING PROCESS. i HOPE TO GET RID OF NOT ONLY PCOS BUT DIABETES AS WELL :)

My name is Liz... I was diagnosed 10 years ago. I have raging PCOS. In 2006, I had a double pulmonary embolism from my PCOS and a reaction to birth controll pills. I started a webcite www.pcos-information.com. If you look up pcos-information on face book, my "like" page should pop up. Please add me. I post alot of really great articles on infertility, the grieving process (yes, we grieve), weight loss, the best diets, exercise, self esteem and treatments (traditional and non traditional). I have had to deal with my pcos all alone with no support from family. I was diagnosed back in the day when the doctors had no clue what pcos was and said it was caused from being fat. I hope that I can be a light and a source of support to others struggling. Its so hard, I still have melt downs... but I survived the pulmonary embolism for a reason. I believe that I am here to help spread the word and helpothers hurting the way that i hurt.

Hi all. My name is Jessica. I also have PCOS. I was banded 11/15/11 and am working my butt off (literally, lol) to get healthy, get my weight under control and ultimately have a baby.

Hi, this is my first time posting here. I am a 52 yr. old woman who was diagnosed with PCOS when I was about 35 yrs. old. No one can even begin to understand PCOS unless they have it. I think Toribaby above, stated it so well when she said all she wanted was to "feel like a normal woman." I have often said PCOS strips us of our feminity. (Sorry I can spell it.). I had my lap band surgery on Sept. 4, 2008. Now. almost 4 yrs. later, I still say it was one of the best things I have ever done. I lost 104 lbs. the first 16 months. That's the good news. But then I realized my band had been too tight. So my surgeon unfilled me completely. I gained back 50 pounds. I am now seeing a new doctor and he put 2 cc's in my band 2 days ago so I am hopefully back on track.

Hi! I am Tristine and I just will be banded on June 27th. I have been diagnosed with PCOS for a few years now. I have had 8 failed fertility treatments :( I decided to do lapband because it would give me a chance to change my life and hopefully have a baby without having to do IFV!

Hi All,

I have battled with PCOS for about 10 yrs now. I found out I had it after having to have emergency surgery because my right fallopian tube twisted and cut off the oxygen from my right ovary. As a result of PCOS I battle with painful periods, difficulty with weight loss, and hirituitsm.

I am hoping that as a result of having the lap-band and subsequently losing weight that the symtoms associated with my PCOS will be more under control.

I am thankful that I was able to find this group and have other people that I can gain knowledge, support and advice from.