Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting For Lap Band Surgery

It seems so far away....I'm the only one on here for May and it even might get pushed to Junenonod.gif .

Is anybody with me?

weight.png

This is my first post and I am new to the site. I am also set for May 22, 2012. I am self pay and had to come up with a down payment and needed time to do so. Also I have a work training obligation that goes through until first of May. I am hating this wait. I am so excited to get started and see results. I have already tried to make major eating changes to get ready. However, I just cannot wait.

Here are some of my initial goals:

-Cut up my Lane Bryant Credit Card

-Buy my first pair of jeans in a regular store

-run a whole lap around the track without stopping! I want to have a year goal of running a 5k

-6 month goal of buying a pair of shorts!

I just wish my journey can start now. I am glad I have found this site. I will be spending some time here. I have also watched a ton of You Tube Lap Band journeys which help prove to me that I can do it too!

Anyone else out there that has to wait until May?

-

Good luck good goals. See on the other side

You have most of my same goals lol. Good luck i know that you can do it and i cut up my lane bryant credit card the second month after surgery. and i bought my first pair of girls shorts my third month good luck!!

I am hoping for May as well. Just waiting for my doctor to send my paperwork to my surgeon, then it is off to the insurance company for approval. They say it is about 2 weeks for that. Then I have to do a pre op nutrition class, then pre op bloodwork. My calculations say the end of May. Everyone is being really slow, which is frustrating. I call my doctor everyday asking if my stuff has been sent. I figure if I am like a squeaky wheel, they will send it. Good luck everyone!

I am PRAYING that I can get banded in May. I started the process with a seminar with my surgeon in December. I remember thinking when he said the process can take up to 6 months how crazy that would be, but here I am at 6 months! But honestly wouldn't have it any other way. The pre-op process has been longer than I anticipated but has actually strengthen my case for why I need the surgery. I was "officially" diagnosed with high blood pressure after years of Drs. skating around it but just suggesting I lose a little weight so I am on medication and its working wonderfully coupled with my CPAP mask (diagnosed with sleep Apnea during the process as well, which is what's been the major holdup in sign off)). My BP numbers are better than normal! All I have left is final sign off from my Pulmonologist since I needed to be on the CPAP for 6 weeks before he would OK me for surgery. That appt is next Friday, April 6th. Then a final meeting with my primary care on April 13th. Hoping she will get everything to the surgeon by the following week and then its off to insurance for approval. I really am just so excited to get the surgery and start my weight loss journey! My baby brother gets married June 2013 and I am sooooo looking forward to showing off the new me!

you can do it. I am hoping for August surgery (I have to do a 6 month dr visit).

hang in there.

I'm getting banded in May also. You are not alone. I felt a little relieved that my SD was so far away. I think I needed the time to prepare myself emotionally because surgery scares me. Although I did think I would get an April SD. My surgeon only does surgeries on certain days of the week.

Just know I'm here for you if you need to talk or vent. PM me anytime you like :) wishing you the very best

I should be in May as well. I just got approval yesterday and my surgeon is booked through the end of April already. I still have to do all the pre-op testing and nutritional class so hopefully it won't seem like that long. Now I'm just waiting to get those things scheduled.

I am scheduled for may 2 nd! Did all the pre op stuff ( sleep study, upper gi, nutritionist etc...) I only have my appt for medical clearance on April 19th and then sign the consent on April 26 th!!! So excited to finally be so close good luck to everyone

I am also hoping for May, I have one more visit to complete my 3 months of visits. So last time I was in they scheduled my last visit May 2nd and they said they would submit that afternoon and I should hear something that week or the following week. Hoping for a really quick response and to have my surgery the week before Memorial Day.

I should also be the beginning of May. I have to meet with the psych and attend the four hour seminar regarding diet, procedures, etc. I'm with ya!!!!!

i'm going to have my lapband on May 2nd @ 7:15 am. I'm so excited I can't wai!. I went to my seminar back in Oct, 2011. I first had to get permission from my gastroenterology Dr due to issues 5 years ago. Got the approval from him and than had 6 months with my family Dr. for weigh ins. Finally got to meet with my surgeon. Sent paper work off to insurance and was told it would take about 4 weeks to hear from them. And apparently they knew how anixous I was and sent the approval letter to me in 4 days. I was so excited you would have thought I had the surgery done. So now I get to start my liquid diet next wednesday April 18 also will do my pre op testing. Than I will meet the following week with my surgeon again and than off to surgery on may 2nd. yahoo! I can't wait!