Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help Derailed & I Can't Get Back On Track

Please someone has to be out there that knows what I'm going through. Did great for the first year and then slowly but surely slipped back to old habits that haunt me daily. I feel like such a failure at what I thought was going to be my last chance to loose the weight. I need someone to be my buddy and get me back on track.

I am not yet banded, but is there a local band support group you can go to? Or post in the by state special forums to find a buddy near you?

Ladybug...Finally someone that knows what i've been through.. I've gained back to my preop weight and i need help getting back on track.. maybe we can help each other. I know we can do it if we put our minds too it!!!

Please someone has to be out there that knows what I'm going through. Did great for the first year and then slowly but surely slipped back to old habits that haunt me daily. I feel like such a failure at what I thought was going to be my last chance to loose the weight. I need someone to be my buddy and get me back on track.

Can't make any comments without knowing some history - background.

You have been banded one year?

How many fills? Would you say you were in the "Green Zone" Tight or loose band, every get stuck?

Have you and are you keeping regular appointments with your surgeon?

How much weight did you loose in that year? Was it hard work to accomplish that?

I have a niece who was banded 5 years ago. She did great!

Saw her last Christmas and it's hard to tell she ever had the surgery. WAY OFF TRACK!

But, she went through a bad divorce, she is in now a single Mom, lost all her good health insurance, and has not been back to the Dr. in years!

In her case, she knows what she needs to do. She is getting her life back together. She is working, has good health insurance now. Needs to hook up with a Surgeon and perhaps start over from square one.

Like you I'm at a year also. I'm not gaining weight, but weight loss has slowed way down. My band has not been feeling as tight as it once used to. I did the 5-day pouch test which is nothing more than going back to the post-op diet of liquids for a few days, then mushies for 2 days to let your pouch tighten up and shrink from overuse.

Perhaps you can try that. Stay away from solid foods for a few days. You may have stretched out your pouch, if you had any restriction in the first place.

My next appointment I am going to ask for another fill/adjustment, maybe 1/2 cc.

Hi ladybug. I'm in similar boat. Way off track. I'm doing 5 day pouch test now. It really works. I can feel restriction again. I am calling my surgeon tomorrow. I may or may not need a fill. I feel restriction but not as much as I remember in the beginning. I thought I had found my sweet spot but maybe I didn't. Let me know if you are still looking for a buddy.

I will be your buddy gladly I to having a hard time just started this week and I have no self control back to bad habits going on liquids today till I get my fill next week its so hard I feel like a failure only 3100 months in

I meant 3 months in

I did the 5 day pouch test. What a great tool! I am back on track this week and eating well. I'm eating so much less than b4 5dpt. Good luck and I hope the fill helps!

Hi I read this about the five day pouch test....I never knew of doing that soooo starting tomorrow I am gonna try that o have an appt on the 16th so maybe I will know by then if I need a fill or not. I started out at 317 and from that point on I am now between 240 and 250 can't seem to lose anything but not really gaining which is a good thing...am finally trying to push exercise too.going to therapy 3 days a week sooooo I will let u know how the test goes.thanks for the idea I just wasn't sure where to go to start over,,,thanks again

I know what you are going through. gained 20 lbs whil mom was sick, then she passed a few months ago, then and feel horrible. and agained a few more. was thinking about the 5 day pouch test. need a buddy, i do. let me know.

I was banded in 2009 lost 90lbs and have gained back 30 over the last 6 months. I am ashamed and frustrated. I actually had to buy a big pant size. My doctor says a have a very slow metabolism which doesn't help. I also like my band tight to keep me in line. I have been having so a hard time eating I was eating whatever went down. Mostly bad stuff of course. Help I need a good kick in the rear to motivate instead of my feeling like a failure.