Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well headed to the Dr to see if my band slipped:(

Monday Feb. 18th @ 7:30am. I can't wait, I'm so excited to start a new chapter in life.

24 days till my 1 yr LapBand Anniversary :)

Wow you look great Congrats!

Yesterday I saw the doctor, the last time I was their was 08/2012 and since I've lost 16 lbs.My band is a 11cc Realize band and I had 6 and 3/4 of Fluid. He put one more cc for a total of 7 and 3/4 but he had a hard time getting it in so now I am swollen and very tight! He says I am loosing at a good pace. My one year is coming up next week I am so proud of myself! How is everyone else doing that was banded in 2012!

Feb 2013 banisters your posts are very confusing to those of us who have been communicating for over a year. I have checked and there is a 2103 Feb Bandsters. It maybe beneficial for you to communicate with those who at the same place in your lapband experience. We wish you the beat of luck in your journey.

Feb 2012 Bandsters has anyone considered reconstructive surgery? Tummy Tuck or breast lift ?

I'm 63lbs down, hit my 1 year bandaversary last thursday!. I actually get asked if I'm going to get reconstruction surgery and it sorta makes me feel bad cause I didnt think I needed to but now that they point it out to me I'm thinking about researching it, but probably wont really consider it until I've at least gotten close to my goal and thats still far away.

First of all, I am right there with you on more than one account. The 2013 bandsters are confusing me as well! Anyway, I feel like I'm being a pessimist, but I'm looking for some support out there. I got banded Feb. 23, 2012. I have lost a total of 30 pounds. I know 30 pounds is 30 pounds, but I really thought I would be at my goal of 80 pounds lost by now. Here is where I am having trouble - and please, please, please understand I am looking for support, not a lecture. I have NEVER EVER felt restriction. EVER! NOTHING gets stuck! NOTHING restricts me! I can eat EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. It's like I never had the surgery (except for the scars and the $3,000 out of pocket). This is what I can't understand. I have a Realize band. 11 cc. It is filled to 8 cc. I know there's Fluid in it, because when I got my last fill, he took all the liquid out (which was 6 cc.). So I know it's in there. But I still have no restriction. Everyone says you have to help the band work, but if it's like the band was never there, what is the use? I'm just wondering if there's anyone else out there in my position and if anyone knows of anything I can do. I try to diet, but heck if dieting alone helped ANY of us, would ANY of us be here? I know it's a TOOL - but it's a TOOL I DON'T HAVE! The PA who did my last fill said that it's like putting a belt on. Some have bigger waists, some have smaller waists, and if you try to tighten a size 40 belt on a size 28 waist, it's going to take a lot of tightening to get it to restrict the waistband. My question is, if I am at 8 cc of an 11 cc band and have absolutely no restriction, what can I do? I cry daily when I get on the scale. I need encouragement, or ideas, or something. I am slipping back into old eating habits - and realizing I can eat way more than I do (and that's a very bad thing). Is there anybody out there that give me an idea of the next step?

Are you exercising? Also, try drinking a glass of Water before each meal so you can eat less. I know it gets frustrating as I get that way too! I have to remember to go back to the basics when I was loosing and start over. We all fall from time to time but we just have to get back up!

I agree' date=' the 2013 February Bandsters need their own section! In fact, on the main page, if you select Forums, right on top is a forum for February 2013 Bandsters. Granted, they can learn from us, but I personally don't want to read about all of their pre-op issues, etc. Been there, done that!

To all 2012 February Bandsters - love reading about how you are doing. We seem to be in various stages of success, but something to remember, our general health is much better for the steps we took last year. Personally, I wish I was further along, but I know my mistakes and thanks to my nurse at my school site, I've got some new enthusiasm to succeed. Plus, I have the most encouraging doctor.[/quote']

February 2013 does have their own section, but it confusing to newbies because your thread just says "February bandsters" and pops up on the pre op section. Perhaps the title if your thread is causing the confusion.

I want to start of with an appoligize to all 2012 & 2013 Banders if I may have placed my story in the wrong area. I meant no confusion for anyone. I thought the one that I placed my information on was the acual year 2013.

I only wish all the very best, I also thank you all for the support that this site has allowed me to learn. I dd not mean anydisrespect. I was just excited about my approval.

again Thank you

Hey. All RELAX, THIS IS A SUPPORT SIGHT! Who cares if someone missed placed a freakin post! We are ALL on the same journey! If I wanted to deal with politics, I'd join a political forum.

Hey msboose. I payed 18,000. Out of pocket! Yes 18K,! Don't b so judgemental about a post. Maybe I should say u only paid 3K, maybe that's why u aren't finding your tool useful!

I want to start of with an appoligize to all 2012 & 2013 Banders if I may have placed my story in the wrong area. I meant no confusion for anyone. I thought the one that I placed my information on was the acual year 2013.

I only wish all the very best' date=' I also thank you all for the support that this site has allowed me to learn. I dd not mean anydisrespect. I was just excited about my approval.

again Thank you[/quote']

You don't have to apologize, you ARE a February bandster and that's why your here. I was confused also but don't apologize. Come see February 2013 bandsters and join the thread :) we all support each other. Hugs

Getting even more ecxited to be banded on Friday! im glad we all have each other for support.

I just got banded today, I wish you the best of luck:)

Hey msboose. I payed 18,000. Out of pocket! Yes 18K,! Don't b so judgemental about a post. Maybe I should say u only paid 3K, maybe that's why u aren't finding your tool useful!

I think you replied to the wrong person as I have no idea what you are talking about!

Well good news no slippage of the band... Bad news my esophagus was tired from the band being too tight. So I went from 5.4cc's to 2.3cc's not really happy about this but my dr said in 6 wks we can bump me to up slowly. so now I have to be very careful how and what I eat. I have to say I feel so much better.