Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi I really do not know how to post on this seeing it is my first time. But I am having my my band done on February 5 also.

Also is anyone that is having band surgery this month how a are you doing with the shakes, and how do you deal with the feelings of hunger ,I know I am having a hard time with it, anybody have any ideas?

Also is anyone that is having band surgery this month how a are you doing with the shakes' date=' and how do you deal with the feelings of hunger ,I know I am having a hard time with it, anybody have any ideas?[/quote']

I hate the shakes. I'm on day two being banded feb 8th. I better lose some weight preop after not eating for 14 days.

I hate the shakes. I'm on day two being banded feb 8th. I better lose some weight preop after not eating for 14 days.

Me to but when you feel hunger what do you do, I am on day 5 it is hard at different times of the day

Me to but when you feel hunger what do you do, I am on day 5 it is hard at different times of the day

Honestly today I took a nap

Honestly today I took a nap

Me to most of the time but I work and wow I hope after the surgery it will be a little easier

I am coming up on one year 22 February. I have lost 50 lbs. Not as much as I had hoped, but I am definitely to blame for it. I have found that Cookies and popcorn are no issue for me and lack the willpower most of the time to walk away. I think I'm ready for another fill. I will try to keep motivation going, as I hope others falling behind do as well. I give big congrats to those that have progressed well!

P.S. The 2013 banders are confusing me on this thread. Isn't there a separate thread for them?

First of all, I am right there with you on more than one account. The 2013 bandsters are confusing me as well! Anyway, I feel like I'm being a pessimist, but I'm looking for some support out there. I got banded Feb. 23, 2012. I have lost a total of 30 pounds. I know 30 pounds is 30 pounds, but I really thought I would be at my goal of 80 pounds lost by now. Here is where I am having trouble - and please, please, please understand I am looking for support, not a lecture. I have NEVER EVER felt restriction. EVER! NOTHING gets stuck! NOTHING restricts me! I can eat EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. It's like I never had the surgery (except for the scars and the $3,000 out of pocket). This is what I can't understand. I have a Realize band. 11 cc. It is filled to 8 cc. I know there's Fluid in it, because when I got my last fill, he took all the liquid out (which was 6 cc.). So I know it's in there. But I still have no restriction. Everyone says you have to help the band work, but if it's like the band was never there, what is the use? I'm just wondering if there's anyone else out there in my position and if anyone knows of anything I can do. I try to diet, but heck if dieting alone helped ANY of us, would ANY of us be here? I know it's a TOOL - but it's a TOOL I DON'T HAVE! The PA who did my last fill said that it's like putting a belt on. Some have bigger waists, some have smaller waists, and if you try to tighten a size 40 belt on a size 28 waist, it's going to take a lot of tightening to get it to restrict the waistband. My question is, if I am at 8 cc of an 11 cc band and have absolutely no restriction, what can I do? I cry daily when I get on the scale. I need encouragement, or ideas, or something. I am slipping back into old eating habits - and realizing I can eat way more than I do (and that's a very bad thing). Is there anybody out there that give me an idea of the next step?

M

First of all, I am right there with you on more than one account. The 2013 bandsters are confusing me as well! Anyway, I feel like I'm being a pessimist, but I'm looking for some support out there. I got banded Feb. 23, 2012. I have lost a total of 30 pounds. I know 30 pounds is 30 pounds, but I really thought I would be at my goal of 80 pounds lost by now. Here is where I am having trouble - and please, please, please understand I am looking for support, not a lecture. I have NEVER EVER felt restriction. EVER! NOTHING gets stuck! NOTHING restricts me! I can eat EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. It's like I never had the surgery (except for the scars and the $3,000 out of pocket). This is what I can't understand. I have a Realize band. 11 cc. It is filled to 8 cc. I know there's Fluid in it, because when I got my last fill, he took all the liquid out (which was 6 cc.). So I know it's in there. But I still have no restriction. Everyone says you have to help the band work, but if it's like the band was never there, what is the use? I'm just wondering if there's anyone else out there in my position and if anyone knows of anything I can do. I try to diet, but heck if dieting alone helped ANY of us, would ANY of us be here? I know it's a TOOL - but it's a TOOL I DON'T HAVE! The PA who did my last fill said that it's like putting a belt on. Some have bigger waists, some have smaller waists, and if you try to tighten a size 40 belt on a size 28 waist, it's going to take a lot of tightening to get it to restrict the waistband. My question is, if I am at 8 cc of an 11 cc band and have absolutely no restriction, what can I do? I cry daily when I get on the scale. I need encouragement, or ideas, or something. I am slipping back into old eating habits - and realizing I can eat way more than I do (and that's a very bad thing). Is there anybody out there that give me an idea of the next step?

I kind of know what you're going through. Although I had really good restriction in the beginning, (or at least it seemed), I haven't lost anything in 3 months. I just hope that you don't get overly discouraged. Maybe another fill? Are you exercising? I know a lot of people think it's easier than it really is. I've struggled with the band also. Just know that there are others out there that aren't "hitting goal in 6 months". Don't be discouraged... it will happen for you too!!

P.S. I've only lost 50 out of a goal of 120. Just keep pushing forward!

Hi everyone, Hope everyone is doing well we are almost at our 1 year anniversary! I know I am feeling like I am not loosing enough! I had hoped to be at a loss of 100 by now when I first got banded however I am finding I am at a stand still for the last few months.. I am thinking its time for a fill! I guess the good news is I haven't gained anything but I wish I was at least 20 pounds lighter! :D

Hi everyone, Hope everyone is doing well we are almost at our 1 year anniversary! I know I am feeling like I am not loosing enough! I had hoped to be at a loss of 100 by now when I first got banded however I am finding I am at a stand still for the last few months.. I am thinking its time for a fill! I guess the good news is I haven't gained anything but I wish I was at least 20 pounds lighter! :D