Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, good to know! I am taking off about a 1 1/2 weeks due to "gas pain's" lingering. I have heard that its so different for everyone.

Thank you.

Im waiting my date aswell. It should be in feb, just waiting on, insurance we submitted everything last friday. fingers crossed!

11mths post op 71lbs gone only 33lbs to go.

Complications: gas pains

food I can't eat: Breads, Rice, Anything from Mcdonalds/Burger King/Wendys, anything fried, pork chops and any white carbs

Preop complications: unable to stand on feet longer then 2 hrs, GERD, Migraines, back pain and unable to walk up stairs

Postop: all preop complications GONE :)

Future Plan: breast reconstruction/lift, possible Tummy Tuck

My life: I feel great and I'm happy with my choice

post-326778-13813140902824_thumb.jpg

I "hopefully" will be a Feb bandster!!! Just finished my last nutritionist appt and they are sending it off to insurance-fingers crossed! My Nurtritionist said about 30 days from now-hey I will take earlier if I can :0)

Good Luck to you!!!

I'm in exactly the same position as you. I'm just waiting on my GP to send prior 2 year weight history showing an obesity issue prior to now. I was told that if they approve within the usual 2 week period, then it's another 1-2 week to schedule surgery. So best case scenario is a month from now.... But I'm expecting 2 or 3 or more.

All tests completed, pshyc eval over today. 24th preop & nutritionist, then 2/1 scheduled surgery!! So excited!!

Testing out the different Protein Shakes now to see which ones I like before I have to drink them. The Unjury non flavored truly is unflavored. I think I can use that in anything.

Tentative surgery date is February 6 pending approval from my insurance and union! All pre-op doctor visits are completed however my insurance and may require an endocrinologist appointment. I will find out soon but I am hoping I do not need to do that.

I guess Im a little confused is this forum for 2012 or 2013 bandsters?

Not sure if many of the new people waiting are aware but there is a forum for Feb 2013 surgeon patients. You may find it helpful to join that form to read experiences of people also waiting for responses.

How are my 2012 LBT people doing we are coming up on 1 yr. Im do excited and would love to hear how you are doing :) and see pictures.

Coming up on one year!!! 65 pounds lost for a total weight loss of 110 pounds!! I am the smallest I have been in years!! I cant tolerate bread, heavy foods or really sweet foods. I am loving my tool! I have 7.2 cc in my 10 cc band. I have not had a fill in three months and I am still losing. I am about 25 pounds from my goal. Looking into getting a TT and breast lift when I hit my goal. How are the 2012 bandsters doing?

Well, it has certainlly been quite a while since I posted so I thought I would do so now. In reading the great results of some of the above posts, I'm left feeling both hopeful and somewhat discouraged. However....I'm trying not to feel discouraged. I am so happy for all you that have lost quite a bit of weight. That's awesome. My losses were because my sheer will to follow my good eating plan for weight loss, but I never really did get to my "sweet spot" green zone. I guess I must be one that would have finally reached that after my 6th fill or after, maybe. ? There were a couple of months that I had to miss going to the Doc altogether, but then I was having issues of throwing up and bad shoulder pain when I ate. It got worse. Finally I had another fill, only to return to have a little taken out, just to find later that day that it still wasn't working since I could not even drink Water without that "shoulder pain" I get. And, yes.....trying to throw up just to get the pain to go away. Same day, back to the doc to be told I may have a slipped band. Sure enough, xray revealed a slipped band. So.....I got stuck with that needle a 3rd time (all in one day) to remove all of the fill. I had to go 6 weeks with no fill. It was then, that I got too brave, and started eating bread again. I wish I had not done that, because I was good about mostly staying away from it in the beginning. Anyway....finally I got my first fill (after waiting it out for 6 weeks). I wasn't able to get to Doc in Nov, but in Dec, he didn't want to give me a fill. I had lost like 4 lbs., so he was taking it easy with me since I had to have some fill removed another time, as well. Obviously, I am gonna be one that can only have a little fill each time. Anyhow...I am only down 35 lbs. Seems like such a small number to others, but I am trying to be positive that now that I am going back in the right direction, that I will finally get there. Until then, I am just trying to follow my weight watchers plan. I will be so happy, at this point, to just make it to onederland. I am still 25 lbs away from that. I just need to stay focused and keep my eye on the prize. :0) CONTRATS to all of you.

My band date is February 5! Best wishes to all of my fellow Feb Banders!

I am also getting banded February 14th. I think it's an awesome Valentine's Day gift. And I told my husband he got lucky. I won't be able to go out for dinner. lol

Well, it has certainlly been quite a while since I posted so I thought I would do so now. In reading the great results of some of the above posts, I'm left feeling both hopeful and somewhat discouraged. However....I'm trying not to feel discouraged. I am so happy for all you that have lost quite a bit of weight. That's awesome. My losses were because my sheer will to follow my good eating plan for weight loss, but I never really did get to my "sweet spot" green zone. I guess I must be one that would have finally reached that after my 6th fill or after, maybe. ? There were a couple of months that I had to miss going to the Doc altogether, but then I was having issues of throwing up and bad shoulder pain when I ate. It got worse. Finally I had another fill, only to return to have a little taken out, just to find later that day that it still wasn't working since I could not even drink Water without that "shoulder pain" I get. And, yes.....trying to throw up just to get the pain to go away. Same day, back to the doc to be told I may have a slipped band. Sure enough, xray revealed a slipped band. So.....I got stuck with that needle a 3rd time (all in one day) to remove all of the fill. I had to go 6 weeks with no fill. It was then, that I got too brave, and started eating bread again. I wish I had not done that, because I was good about mostly staying away from it in the beginning. Anyway....finally I got my first fill (after waiting it out for 6 weeks). I wasn't able to get to Doc in Nov, but in Dec, he didn't want to give me a fill. I had lost like 4 lbs., so he was taking it easy with me since I had to have some fill removed another time, as well. Obviously, I am gonna be one that can only have a little fill each time. Anyhow...I am only down 35 lbs. Seems like such a small number to others, but I am trying to be positive that now that I am going back in the right direction, that I will finally get there. Until then, I am just trying to follow my weight watchers plan. I will be so happy, at this point, to just make it to onederland. I am still 25 lbs away from that. I just need to stay focused and keep my eye on the prize. :0) CONTRATS to all of you.

Hi Sassyfrass. I'm so glad you wrote in. You're actually doing better than I am. I will have my one year anniversary in Feb an I believe I've only lost about 25 lbs. I'm amazed at the wonderful work of everyone else. It's just not working for me.

Hi everyone,

I have been approved for my lap band sugery and now have a surgery date of February 20th. It's all getting so close now and the nerves are starting to set in.

Vicotryg, I hope things start getting better for you. I am not giving up. I mainly got this band to keep me from bingeing like I would do from time to time. And I have to say that it does help me with that. Although, right now, I can eat more than I should be able to, I still can't eat as much as I used to be able to eat. THAT is a huge help to me. My sweet tooth is my worst enemy. LOL! It's really hard to tame. But I try to eat better, adding veggies, and fruits sometimes. I have found when I really want something sweet, that the Atkins bars are quite tasty for me, and low net carbs.

My band date is February 5! Best wishes to all of my fellow Feb Banders!

hi I really do not know how to post on this seeing it is my first time. But I am having my my band done on February 5 also.