Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my 3rd week of C25K. Wish me luck because last week was hard!

What is c25k?

Well today I've made an appt for my 3rd fillet of me feels so bad that I'm only 2 1/2mths post op and I need another fill. I was doing well but I find myself getting very hungry every 3 hrs I try to hold out but I get so grumpy. Sometimes after I eat I'm so not satified. I'm hoping this 3rd fill get get the weightless going...

3rd fill coming up this week. I was pretty much stuck in my weight loss until last week and I had no loss. Then I begun to lose again. I have lost 6 pounds in a week. Not sure how to take that but I will take it. :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what is C25K? I went to the doc last week, expecting to get my second fill, and she said I didn't "need" one. I have lost a total of 22 pounds, which I guess isn't horrible, since it has only been 10 weeks. I have had two incidents of severe pain between my breastbone that lasted about 15 or 20 minutes, then subsided. I have also had a couple instances of productive burps, not too bad. So the good and bad, I never get sick on any food, can eat almost anything, and not have any side effects. The bad side is, I don't feel like I have had any surgery, I am still hungry all the time, and feel like I am depriving myself. I honestly thought (silly me) that I would be able to eat whatever I wanted, but only a very limited amount. I find that I'm still eating baked fish, grilled chicken, tuna fish, and vegetables. I guess I was crazy, but I am feeling like I did all this and I could have gone through this withoug the pain and agony of the surgery! Someone talk me out of it! In a way I wish she would have filled me again ( I am currently at 4 cc in an 11 cc band), but then I'm glad she didn't because I don't want to get sick on everything I eat, and those two episodes scared the living daylights out of me!!!

What is c25k?

Well today I've made an appt for my 3rd fillet of me feels so bad that I'm only 2 1/2mths post op and I need another fill. I was doing well but I find myself getting very hungry every 3 hrs I try to hold out but I get so grumpy. Sometimes after I eat I'm so not satified. I'm hoping this 3rd fill get get the weightless going...

C25K (Couch to 5k) is a work out program to do exactly what it states. To get your butt off the couch and prepare you for a 5k. I kept seeing it posted on here to I went to google. I am doing the treadmill version. It is a nine week program with three workouts a week. It starts off slow walking for five minutes, run for 1 minute, walk for a 1 1/2, and so on. Each week the running increases. I did my first workout for week 3 and it was a killer. I thought last week was hard but I have been pushing myself to finish and not give up. I am enjoying it and I can't believe I am actually doing it. LOL My husband walked in on me last week and said "I can't believe you are running..." Well I can't either. Here is the link if you are interested.

http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

I haven't been on for a while and I'm feeling a little discouraged. I was banded on 22 Feb and had my first fill on 5 April. I haven't lost as much as I would have liked by now. I know I need to be patient, but I feel like I have been waiting for this time in my life forever! My next fill is on 17 May and I know I definitely need it. I can eat things that others I have talked to cannot. Again, I know everybody is different but I can eat rice, Pasta, etc. Anybody else still able to eat this stuff? I only eat it in moderation though and not every day. I do have a really difficult time with any type of bread and sometimes hamburger. I have switched to ground turkey and that seems to have solved the hamburger problem. I just feel UGH... any advice?

Well what a surprise... Went to see my Dr today because ive been getting hungry every 3 hrs. My scale hates me and says ive only lost 2 lbs since my April 3rd appt but when i stepped on the Drs scale it turns out ive lost 9lbs...woohoo!!!

I did receive another fill so my band has 5.2ccs

I'm feeling a little discouraged for various other reasons then the scale. I was banded on Feb 10, and have lost 74lbs, with no fill!!! I'm extremely happy with this result, but I have no desire to eat.

One poster mentioned dehydration can result in nausea, so I started being very conscious of my Water intake. Before I do anything in the morning I sit down and drink 4 cups of water! And then I'll have another 4 cups in the next 8 hours. I find that since doing this, I am able to eat more, and was actually feeling hungry and not nauseous.

I guess the reason I'm discouraged is, I've lost my passion for cooking and eating!! Eating seems like such a chore! I hate wasting food, and throwing it out. So I will eat the same thing for days on end, and THEN end up throwing it out because I'm disgusted by it! I'm so confused, I used to love to cook, and obviously I had a food addiction, but now it's like I have a total food adversion! And at times, I tell meself, "ok, you HAVE to eat now" I still try to make healthy choices, and get my Protein in, but I wish I still had that desire to cook and enjoy my food, not hate it.

I haven't been on for a while and I'm feeling a little discouraged. I was banded on 22 Feb and had my first fill on 5 April. I haven't lost as much as I would have liked by now. I know I need to be patient, but I feel like I have been waiting for this time in my life forever! My next fill is on 17 May and I know I definitely need it. I can eat things that others I have talked to cannot. Again, I know everybody is different but I can eat rice, Pasta, etc. Anybody else still able to eat this stuff? I only eat it in moderation though and not every day. I do have a really difficult time with any type of bread and sometimes hamburger. I have switched to ground turkey and that seems to have solved the hamburger problem. I just feel UGH... any advice?

Yes, it is important to remember that no two individuals will have the same weight loss journey...too many factors figure into the equation.

Though I am still waiting for my first fill, ( medical complications have created the delay I also can still eat anything I want to in reduced quantities...including bread, Pasta and brown rice. I know that I should not have had even a tiny bit of these foods, but the opportunity was there. Compromising behavior like that can place me on the "slippery slope" towards going back to previous unhealthy habits, and I definitely do not want to go there!

It might help you to keep a food journal so that you can track everything you eat...sometimes it may surprise you to read it. It can also shock you if you see some unhealthy patterns, but that way you know what you should work on changing.

Best insights I can share are to get your metabolism to increase are to exercise, and make certain that you are getting in enough free fluids and Protein every day. It never hurts to share your concerns with your doctor either!

Don't get discouraged...keep focused on your goals and take one day at a time.

I'm feeling a little discouraged for various other reasons then the scale. I was banded on Feb 10, and have lost 74lbs, with no fill!!! I'm extremely happy with this result, but I have no desire to eat.

One poster mentioned dehydration can result in nausea, so I started being very conscious of my Water intake. Before I do anything in the morning I sit down and drink 4 cups of water! And then I'll have another 4 cups in the next 8 hours. I find that since doing this, I am able to eat more, and was actually feeling hungry and not nauseous.

I guess the reason I'm discouraged is, I've lost my passion for cooking and eating!! Eating seems like such a chore! I hate wasting food, and throwing it out. So I will eat the same thing for days on end, and THEN end up throwing it out because I'm disgusted by it! I'm so confused, I used to love to cook, and obviously I had a food addiction, but now it's like I have a total food adversion! And at times, I tell meself, "ok, you HAVE to eat now" I still try to make healthy choices, and get my Protein in, but I wish I still had that desire to cook and enjoy my food, not hate it.

Having this surgery meant that you were aware that changing your relationship with food was going to be necessary if you want to be successful with your weight loss.

Sounds like it is time to look into other interests and hobbies...so many to get involved with. I can relate to the concept that it can be a chore to fix meals, and eat the same things for several days. If you change the beliefs you assign the things you now find distasteful, it will help you to transition to healthier beliefs. If you look at how much simpler it is to have the same food for several meals, it no longer is something you "hate".

It does take some practice to get there, but all things are possible to achieve if you want to strongly enough!

Banded February 15, so today marks my 3 month follow up with 40lbs lost so far. Feeling ecstatic!! Every day isnt grand, but the days that are makes up for the ones that arnt. It's still such a learning experience, but I'm loving it. After hearing a couple people on the forums talk about C25K I'm proud to say I'm on Day 2, Week 1. After the first day I wanted to scream!!! I couldnt believe I successfully completed the first day, I thought for sure I wouldnt be able to run 1 min, and really thought doing it 8 different times was out of the question. Being banded was the best thing I could of done for myself!!

Best wishes Bandsters!

Ok U havent been here in a while so here goes... I was banded 2/7/12 I weighed 220lbs I am currently 202lbs I just got my 3rd fill and it is tight. So tight I could barely eat eggs. But I dont want to unfill because I havent lost a pound since my 2nd fill. I am currently pbing from breakfast so I made a 1/2 cup of hot coffee. Yesterday I ate beef kabob and hummus with a little pita bread. So Im not sure why its so tight this morning.

Ok U havent been here in a while so here goes... I was banded 2/7/12 I weighed 220lbs I am currently 202lbs I just got my 3rd fill and it is tight. So tight I could barely eat eggs. But I dont want to unfill because I havent lost a pound since my 2nd fill. I am currently pbing from Breakfast so I made a 1/2 cup of hot coffee. Yesterday I ate beef kabob and hummus with a little pita bread. So Im not sure why its so tight this morning.

At restriction some can't eat solids at breakfast especially eggs. I would try a cup hot coffee in the AM before trying to eat. I have Greek yogurt with 1/2scoop whey isolate Protein added for breakfast

Daily.

When was your fill. Did you do 24 he's liquids and 24 he's mushies before moving to solids?

I see my restriction is more intense than before. I did 48hr liquids and 24hrs mushy. I think im gonna go back to shakes in the am I was being greedy with eggs... :unsure:

At restriction some can't eat solids at Breakfast especially eggs. I would try a cup hot coffee in the AM before trying to eat. I have Greek yogurt with 1/2scoop whey isolate Protein added for breakfast

Daily.

When was your fill. Did you do 24 he's liquids and 24 he's mushies before moving to solids?

Hello everyone i was banded on feb22

we share the same wonderful date !!!!

Its been a while since I checked in. I was banded 2/15 so after three months and two fills I think I am in the green zone. I declined to have a fill this month and will see how I do. I still struggle with getting stucking sometimes especially if I am hungry and I do not slow down to chew. When it happens, I always think to myself, " Slow down!" but of course it is too late then. :rolleyes:

we share the same wonderful date !!!!

I was banded on feb 22 i just cant wait for my second fill i need to feel the restriction