Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stace2882 Dont feel alone. I was banded on Feb. 15 at noon and didnt get to my room till almost 7pm. I take awhile to get out of anthestia. When I seen so many people prior to surgery saying how its only gas pain and even that isnt bad I had hope. But like you I wasnt so lucky. I had to stay the night while I see others were in and out from surgery in like 6hrs. Everyone is different and thats just fine. I was pretty sore when I got home and the worst of it was gas. I know they say walk, but it was so bad I didnt want to...but I forced myself and you burp and fart away, get it out of there. Not gonna lie but day 7 was my best day until then I just felt beat up really. It gets better! Started preop diet on Feb. 3 at 342lbs and am now 319lb as of this morning. Hang in there!!!

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone! I was very diss appointed in mass general but it's not all their fault your right everyone's body is different and I was just cut upen and placed a foreign object inside me so this pain should be expected. Congrats to you on the 23 lb lost woo hoo!

Also, tomorrow makes 3 weeks post op, and i've noticed the last couple days a knot if you will above my largest incision. I told a couple colleagues and they worried me saying it was a hernia. Called the surgeons office and they were quick to ease my mind. It is just the port, a lot of the times it gets close to the surface because of swelling, even at 3 weeks im still healing. I also get bruises on my stomach in random areas....just a lot of weirdness but lucky its all normal.

When did you go back to driving ? When did the pain go away?

I started driving last week (so 2 weeks post op). I was told not till after I'm done taking my pain meds and when i feel comfortable. I didnt use the meds but the first three days home. The only pain I had was gas pains...and they went away totally after day 6. Day 7 was fabulous...I woke up 1000% better. sleeping had been very uncomfortable. I'm a tummy sleeper and have yet to be able to go back to my normal routine but its getting easier every night.

Anyone waiting for Florida Hospital in Tampa to call with there surgery time tomorrow they don't call until after 5:30pm

Anyone waiting for Florida Hospital in Tampa to call with there surgery time tomorrow they don't call until after 5:30pm

I was banded there on Feb. 15th, got the call with the time on Feb. 14th at 1:15pm.

I started driving today, 5 days post op... Stopped pain meds yesterday and not all that sore other than gas here and there

How are you today, Sophia? I'm starting to feel a bit more normal today, with the exception of 2 of the incisions are still painful. I have not taken any tylenol since bedtime last evening, and am doing fine.

Please share your plan about how to get your "free liquids"...I still am not able to manage this, and am more focused on having the required amount of milk for the Protein goals. By the time I have the Protein Drinks, milk, and the liquid to take my crushed pills, I feel I am pushing the limits with having that feeling of being full.

Hello!!

I am in a lot of pain right now because I did to much today! mostly the big incision.

As far as the liquids, I wake up in the moring and have my protien (most mornings) along with a few ounces of Water. then I wait a while, an hour or so and then I start on my Soups, Jello, water or popsicals. I found this amazing protien bullet that I love, the protien flavor is there in the begining and then it follows with a great some what sweet fruit flavor of your choice. (http://newwhey.com/), I found mine at Wal-mart for 2.49 a tube. I have found them a little cheaper online depending on the web site. The above web page is outragous!! but this will give you an idea what to look for. 0 sugar, 0 fat, 42 grams of Protien and only 3oz so it wont over fill you!!! I felt really full in the begining, but as the swelling starts to go down I am able to get a little more liquid in. I am getting about 50oz of water a day, plus my soups and jello. I think the milk is fillng you up to much...I was actually told to avoid milk unless its a little here and there and it should be fat free.

I hope this helps you a little. :)

Got my call at 5:21pm surgery at 8:15am arrival 6:15am tomorrow...cant wait!

Congrats and good luck! I got my call too! 8am for 10am surgery!

OR is FIXED!

We get to do it all over again tomorrow, but hopefully I come home with my brand new band smile.png

Gotta love living isolated and remote!

thats great news... is everything working out with family as well for tomorrow??did you have to change anything?

Hey Luv...

Got my call...three times today---time changed each call lol. I will be there by 8:30---surgery tomorrow at 10:30am...I think I am being done right after you!! Good Luck and see you in the hallways tomorrow!!

Tammy

Hey Luv...

Got my call...three times today---time changed each call lol. I will be there by 8:30---surgery tomorrow at 10:30am...I think I am being done right after you!! Good Luck and see you in the hallways tomorrow!!

Tammy

Lol! Really....my cell didn't leave my side at work today.

Hey Luv...

Tammy

Lol! Really....my cell didn't leave my side at work today. I am so excited and about to drop my kids off for their 2 day slumber party at nanas and then off to bed i go. Yes will def. See u in the halls...if u want send me a private email with your room #. Good luck trying to get sleep..lol!

Lol! Really....my cell didn't leave my side at work today. I am so excited and about to drop my kids off for their 2 day slumber party at nanas and then off to bed i go. Yes will def. See u in the halls...if u want send me a private email with your room #. Good luck trying to get sleep..lol!

I worked 12 hours today---I am going to fall into bed and into dreamland...trust me lol. My email is TammyFL39@aol.com---write to me and I will write back. I am making my husband bring my computer so I can post on here. He thinks I am nuts because I want to bring my pillow and own blanket but hell if I am going to sleep in that hospital on hospital sheets/pillows lol

Tammy