Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woooo februaryyyy!!! What what

Welllllll I can't sleep I'm having surgery in 10 hrs Im so damn excited/nervous/anxious idk what the hell in feelin. A lot of emotions right now. It's been a long time coming so I'm glad this days here FINALLY wish me luck guys! I'm gunna try and get some zzzzs xoxo

I will be banded in the morning. I have to say I am nervous but ready for the journey.

good luck to you teeny43

Woooo februaryyyy!!! What what

Welllllll I can't sleep I'm having surgery in 10 hrs Im so damn excited/nervous/anxious idk what the hell in feelin. A lot of emotions right now. It's been a long time coming so I'm glad this days here FINALLY wish me luck guys! I'm gunna try and get some zzzzs xoxo

Stace.... i will be thinking good thoughts for you. im so pleased that its arrived at last. you will do really well im sure. good luck

this is interesting and i bet it was a real surprise to you. did he give you a reason why he preferred the other surgical procedure?? im interested to know that. How do you feel about this decision he has made? judych

Yes he gave me several reasons of why he preferred this procedure over the Band and all of his reasons were valid. I won't get into any specifics, because I don't want to discourage or disrupt anyone else's decision or recovery, but if you really want to know you can send me a private message and I will be more than happy to tell you the reasons.

I am so glad we are sharing this journey together, I am feeling like to gas is almost gone, and the pain of the port opening is becoming my main focus. I am working on getting in my Water as well; I did not do well yesterday at all, today I am ready with plan to get all my water in!! lol. Last night I made a bad decision to lay in bed instead of in the recliner unsure.png ...I paid with a lot of pain, with or with out pain medicieneblink.png . I went back to the recliner at 530 am this morning and I am starting to feel better.

We will be fine and this is going to be amazing! I feel it in my gut (lol no punt intended) hahahahlaugh.png

How are you today, Sophia? I'm starting to feel a bit more normal today, with the exception of 2 of the incisions are still painful. I have not taken any tylenol since bedtime last evening, and am doing fine.

Please share your plan about how to get your "free liquids"...I still am not able to manage this, and am more focused on having the required amount of milk for the Protein goals. By the time I have the Protein Drinks, milk, and the liquid to take my crushed pills, I feel I am pushing the limits with having that feeling of being full.

So I was supposed to be banded today...and now I am home watching TV and eating some deli meat.< /p>

CANCELLED!!

My husband and I were up at the crack of dawn. Got ready. Got our small kids up and to a friends house. Headed to the hospital. Checked in. In my pretty gown. Stuck 3 times because the nurse could not get the iv started. A bag of fluids in me, antibiotics. Saw the doctor...then the OR nurse came in. Problem with the heating. So the maintaince guys were in there. Once they were done, 18 minutes until we can head in. I guess it takes 18 mins until they have the room ready again.

Well then my surgeon comes in...problem can not be fixed. They need a part. Well I live in an isolated area, Juneau AK. So the part has to be flown in from Seattle!! My surgeon wants toreschedule for Friday, which won't work, since my husband has this whole week off and can not change it (needs of the military come first). So she squeezed me in for the first surgery tomorrow, UNLESS the OR is not fixed. Then Wednesday afternoon which now makes me sleeping over!!!

So I am not banded, lets hope a better day tomorrow. If something else like this happens I might call the whole thing off! So fingers crossed the part gets here today!!! (we are in the middle of a snow storm too!)

I made it ....a breeze

February 28 9:45am (that's TOMORROW!!!)

I'm officially banded! No gas pains just sore in one of the incisions. Boy I was scared for nothing!!! Just can't wait to go home tomorrow afternoon.

I'm officially banded! No gas pains just sore in one of the incisions. Boy I was scared for nothing!!! Just can't wait to go home tomorrow afternoon.

You're staying over night? Why?

Still having annoying gas pains, not too bad though... The Clear Liquids is tough, I think I'm getting hungry.... No Protein Shakes or full liquids til Friday.... Have to keep myself busy til then :)

So I was supposed to be banded today...and now I am home watching TV and eating some deli meat.

CANCELLED!!

My husband and I were up at the crack of dawn. Got ready. Got our small kids up and to a friends house. Headed to the hospital. Checked in. In my pretty gown. Stuck 3 times because the nurse could not get the iv started. A bag of fluids in me, antibiotics. Saw the doctor...then the OR nurse came in. Problem with the heating. So the maintaince guys were in there. Once they were done, 18 minutes until we can head in. I guess it takes 18 mins until they have the room ready again.

Well then my surgeon comes in...problem can not be fixed. They need a part. Well I live in an isolated area, Juneau AK. So the part has to be flown in from Seattle!! My surgeon wants toreschedule for Friday, which won't work, since my husband has this whole week off and can not change it (needs of the military come first). So she squeezed me in for the first surgery tomorrow, UNLESS the OR is not fixed. Then Wednesday afternoon which now makes me sleeping over!!!

So I am not banded, lets hope a better day tomorrow. If something else like this happens I might call the whole thing off! So fingers crossed the part gets here today!!! (we are in the middle of a snow storm too!)

lorabeth... how frustrating for you.. i would cry. its really hard to juggle husband, children and other commitments so you can have the free time to get this done. i do feel for you

. i live in a small town, i have to travel some distance to get to a hospital.. but thats no big deal. we are retired and dont have children at home now.. although in the past with big surgeries ive had the issues of trying to tie everything in together to make it work.

i do hope that it works out for you, that they get the part they need today. thinking positive for you .

I made it ....a breeze

thats wonderful.. have you got any gas pain?? how long in hospital were you??

No gas pain I'm At the hospital til Tuesday afternoon

I can believe its finally in me.....seems like it took forever

Good luck to all the bandsters going in this week. Question for the group: I am 12 days post-op, NO fill as of yet but I have noticed that I can't consume no more than about 6oz then I am feeling so full. Is that normal with no fill??? Also, I am finding it hard to consume all my of 64ozs of Water.

I do go for my 2 week check up on Wednesday....