Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm jealous of you! I will be banded in the morning, and then it will be an entire two more weeks of Clear Liquids and Protein drinks...

This evening I really lost it with my husband; I was allowed only 2 Protein Drinks today, and by evening I have to admit that I was hungry. I was able to ignore my husband while he had his wonderful salad and chicken dinner, but then instead of taking his plate into the kitchen, he left it sitting a foot from where I was sitting. For over a half hour I could detect the wonderful smells...and I lashed out at him for his total lack of consideration for me and the adjustments I am in the process of making in my life. He told me that he was trying to keep everything "normal"...in other words, I can change, but he will not. This is going to be a very long year...Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations!

...im sorry that he wasnt more sensitive .... im rather concerned that im going to have the same issues with my husband as well. i hope im wrong, and i hope that your hubbie realizes that he was insensitive and changes.

Hello everyone!!!

Wellllllllllll....I was SUPPOSED to be having surgery today BUT...I'm NOT!!!!!! I went to preop on Wednesday and my doctor somehow talked me into considering the sleeve instead of the band. Soooo....they have to resubmit my a request to my insurance company so hopefully I will get an approval SOON!! Soooooo glad to see everyone is doing well!!!!

I'm officially banded now! I had my surgery on Wednesday morning. The worst part was I had 3 toe rings that we couldn't off so the nurse had to cut them off. But the surgery itself was over before I knew it, the last thing I remember was saying this OR looks nothing like they do on Greys Anatomy, the I woke up in recovery. The only pain I had was a slight gassy pain in my left shoulder, which went away within a couple hours. I did wake up with a cough so that hurts quite a bit. My only other issue is getting in and out of my bed and recliner, I've got to figure out a way to do that with less pain! Good luck to everyone with surgeries coming up!!

Hello all, glad to hear everyone is doing great. I hope those that had their surgeries today do as well. Mrs. Brown, that is a bummer about your surgery but maybe your doctor knows a sleeve will be better for you for some reason.

I go for a three day follow up today and am excited to see my progress. According to my scale this morning I am down 4lbs. I hope the docs scale is just as nice. Lol. Anyway hope everyone's recovery continues to progress well.

I am officially on the other side lol the banded side :) the operation went great and my lapband is in place and functioning. My dr also did a stomache plication they have found it to work in aiding the band. Best of luck to all those banded and still awaiting banding. If anyone has any questions I would love to help the best I can. Mi hope we all have an amazing journey into skinnyville lol

I'm jealous of you! I will be banded in the morning, and then it will be an entire two more weeks of clear liquids and Protein drinks...

This evening I really lost it with my husband; I was allowed only 2 protein drinks today, and by evening I have to admit that I was hungry. I was able to ignore my husband while he had his wonderful salad and chicken dinner, but then instead of taking his plate into the kitchen, he left it sitting a foot from where I was sitting. For over a half hour I could detect the wonderful smells...and I lashed out at him for his total lack of consideration for me and the adjustments I am in the process of making in my life. He told me that he was trying to keep everything "normal"...in other words, I can change, but he will not. This is going to be a very long year...Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations!

Oh my that is not nice at all. My spouse went and ate dinner out 3 times this week (even though we really could not afford it) and ate things at home that I would normally hate to eat. Shame on him. He needs to be supportive!

I know your probably checking in about now, so Good Luck!! I know you will do great!

I am officially on the other side lol the banded side smile.png the operation went great and my lapband is in place and functioning. My dr also did a stomache plication they have found it to work in aiding the band. Best of luck to all those banded and still awaiting banding. If anyone has any questions I would love to help the best I can. Mi hope we all have an amazing journey into skinnyville lol

Plication? is that where they take the stomach and place it over the band on one side to hold it in place? If so mine is doing that as well. I am glad because I was so nervous about slipage.

Congrants on being on the other side. I have my surgery this morning! Excited and Nervous are the only 2 words to describe me this morning. lol have a wonderful day everyone! I will up date everyone as soon as I can.

Good luck Sophia all will be fine. The plication is when they fold in the stomache and stitch it. Look forward to seeing u on the banded side :)

Officially banded, this morning!!! Some pain not bad, manageable ... Gas pains are annoying but I've started with the gas x so hope it helps.... No nausea thank goodness ... Think I'm just gonna try to sleep, I'm more tired than anything

I was banded yesterday sleept most of the day n walked from hurting I've been up since 6 moving around passing a little gas lol to much info huh but not enough overall besides the soreness I'm fine not hungry but trying to get this Protein Shake down

Wtg Quinn and N3. Great to hear you are both doing well!

I am so jealous of everybody eating mushy foods I was banded on Feb 16 an can not start until Feb 27

Hey Erica216, How are you doing? I was banded the same day as you. Sunday I can start eating creamy Soups, sf pudding, sf applesauce and yogurts with no chunks. Then, next Thursday I can go to mushy foods which I am really looking forward to it. Can't wait for a different texture in my mouth. LOL... I hope you are good. I am doing good, just a little pain on the left side and I seem to get winded really quick but taking it easy. Good luck to you...

Hello everyone!!!

Wellllllllllll....I was SUPPOSED to be having surgery today BUT...I'm NOT!!!!!! I went to preop on Wednesday and my doctor somehow talked me into considering the sleeve instead of the band. Soooo....they have to resubmit my a request to my insurance company so hopefully I will get an approval SOON!! Soooooo glad to see everyone is doing well!!!!

this is interesting and i bet it was a real surprise to you. did he give you a reason why he preferred the other surgical procedure?? im interested to know that. How do you feel about this decision he has made? judych

I was banded yesterday sleept most of the day n walked from hurting I've been up since 6 moving around passing a little gas lol to much info huh but not enough overall besides the soreness I'm fine not hungry but trying to get this Protein Shake down

...can i ask?? the issue of gas in the abdo is with everyone who has surgery. why is this?? i know nothing about it yet. is gas introduced into the abdo for some reason?? if it is, do you know why?? judych