Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best wishes to out fellow "Februarys" tomorrow! Can't wait to hear from the brand-new you!biggrin.png

My surgery date is Feb. 22 and I can't wait. However, I went to my pre-surgery nutrition class on Monday and it seemed like everyone there was getting either the sleeve or gastric bypass. They even put down on one of my papers that I was getting the sleeve by mistake( Ughh!). Also, the assistant from the office who was there going over what will happen on surgery day had her lap band revised to a sleeve so she was showing no love for the lap band. One of the other patients there asked me what surgery I was getting and when I told her I was getting the band she looked at me like I was from Mars!

I also had my pre-admission testing at the hospital on Tuesday and the anesthesiologist told me I should get the sleeve. Should she be saying this to me the week before surgery??? If I wanted to get the sleeve I would have chosen the sleeve? Why do people sometimes like to talk to you like you're making the wrong decision and you don't know what you're doing? I kindly told her I had done my research and felt that the lap band was right for me, thank you very much.

I was pretty upset after all this but I'm back to being excited about my surgery. It just gives me more incentive to prove them all wrong by being successful with the band.

Home from surgery. In pain mainly from the gas. The liquid Loratab,sucks! Nasty taste but it works good! Turns out that I had a Hermia,so it was repaired. I have been walking but I think it'd time to try to sleep, well as soon as I can get comfy.

Thanks for the support guys! I'm so happy I found this site, I haven't told anyone besides my mom that I'm getting this surgery so it feels great there's a place I can be open and feel comfortable about this. I had to wait 6 loooonnggg freakin months for insurance I never thought this day would come and it's almost here :):) I'm gunna cry lol (happy tears) good luck everyone I wish you all the best and can't wait to see the Hottttt skinny pics we all post haha xoxo

Today was my big day! I was scheduled at 9am, surgery occurred around 10:45, and I was in recovery by 11:30, discharged at 2:30. I feel amazing! I have walked like crazy, honestly the best medicine is movement. The only "pain" I feel is minimal around the port. I am fixing to lay down for a good nights rest. I pray that all my fellow February bandsters have as easy surgery/ recovery as I am! Congrats on this life changing journey!!!

@sweetsoutherngirl and @Jesika80 Glad to hear both your surgeries went well. Hope you both have speedy recoveries and lots of success!

Good luck and good thoughts for anyone going tomorrow!

@sweetsoutherngirl and @Jesika80 Glad to hear both your surgeries went well. Hope you both have speedy recoveries and lots of success!

Thanks 

Good luck and good thoughts for anyone going tomorrow!

Good luck on you 2/16 surgery people that was my original date but had it pushed up a week! Been feeling mostly good with the exception that when I went to work on monday I rode with a guy that was sick and I got a little sick. Stomach ache and sore throat not a good thing after surgery! tomorrow is my week anniversary! I moved onto mushy food a day ahead of schedule to calm down the battle that has been in my stomach had about 1-1/2 eggs and wow filled me up!

Good luck on you 2/16 surgery people that was my original date but had it pushed up a week! Been feeling mostly good with the exception that when I went to work on monday I rode with a guy that was sick and I got a little sick. Stomach ache and sore throat not a good thing after surgery! tomorrow is my week anniversary! I moved onto mushy food a day ahead of schedule to calm down the battle that has been in my stomach had about 1-1/2 eggs and wow filled me up!

You are lucky. I was banded 2/3 and my Dr wanted me on Clear Liquids for 2 whole weeks. No Protein, no nourishment, nothing. It was modern day torture.

So I decided to make an executive decision and switch to full liquids by around day 5. I am moving on to mushies by day 15 I think even tho he doesn't want me on mushies for like a month after my surgery. I have no idea why he is so conservative but I couldn't handle it.

I can't sleep another minute. I am going to get ready to go. I woke up at 3. My trip is today, and my surgery is tomorrow. Good luck everyone! I will write you as soon as I can. Love to all, and Godspeed!

weight.png

Good luck all of you who will go today!! My prayers are with you all!! I am one week away from beginning my new life!! Hope all my fellow bandsters that are on their new journey are having a speedy recovery much love to u all and best of luck!! :)

Good luck to those going on today! My prayers and thoughts are with you!

Home from surgery. In pain mainly from the gas. The liquid Loratab,sucks! Nasty taste but it works good! Turns out that I had a Hermia,so it was repaired. I have been walking but I think it'd time to try to sleep, well as soon as I can get comfy.

Glad everything went well, hope u fell better. Praying for a speedy recovery take care.

I start my preop diet tomorrow and will be on it for 7 dayS......and then on the 22nd I go for preop and start clear liquids!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! LOL!!! I honestly am so READY to start my new journey!!!!!!!!

I wish all of you with surgeries today the best! Prayers going up for you.

Oh, Jessika, how I hope to have a great outcome like you had! I wish that for all of us Feb bandsters

I look forward to reading all of the stories. God bless.