Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday is coming pretty fast now. Last week the days dragged, this week they seem to be flying by!. I got all the stuff that I will need for post-op yesterday. All my Clear Liquids, broths, cream Soups. I have to be on a liquid diet for 3 weeks after the surgery. Plus I got Gas-X, chapstick, candy to suck on (sugar free), thanks to all of your sugestions. I don't think I would have thought about any of that stuff otherwise. Thank you! God bless to all of you, and have a great V-day. It is my 8th anniversary today. Can't wait to get banded. Saucybandster & his_spirit I am glad you are doing well! Good luck!

weight.png

Hello, I am almost one-week banded (Feb. 8th) and got a very nice surprise this morning. I got on the scale this morning and thought surely I stepped on it wrong because I was down 5 lbs!!. So I got off and on again, and then did it a third time! WooHoo!!! It might be a fluke so I'll check it again in the morning, but it sure made me feel good!! This past week hasn't been too bad. Belly is still a little sore, especially the port, and it's itching a lot too. Back hurts at night and I can't lay on my right side, but hoping all that will pass. I've taken very little pain pills and last night tried Tylenol which worked okay. I've gotten into a routine of meals. In the morning I make myself a Protein packed shake using powder, skim milk, Greek yogurt, a little Splenda for a whopping 36 g of protein. Then for lunch I have a cream Soup. So far tolerating blended up Soups soups okay except for split pea soup! Yuck! I just couldn't hack that no matter how many protein it has! Progresso Basil Tomato is my favorite so far. I also have some sugar free Jello. Then for supper I have a Low Carb Slimfast which are pretty good and the rest of my soup. For snack later on I have sugar free popsicles. In between I have sugar free drinks or tea. I have not been hungry, and was even at my daughter's the other night when she was cooking barbecued ribs in the oven!! Didn't bother me at all! So all in all it hasn't been too bad so far. I just hope I keep losing. My first visit with dr. is on the 23rd. He told me not to expect to lose anything until my first fill in 6 weeks, so I hope I can prove him wrong!! Good luck to everyone.

debbie

My nerves are getting to me as I approach the one week mark. I am excited yet fearful of 2/23. You would think that someone whose been over weight since 10 would be less nervous. I hope I can stick to my liquid diet, that scares me since I am the chef in the house. I could really use some encourging words. I've been praying for all us February bandsters and keep checking in on the post op peeps to. God grant us all the serenity to move ahead and do what we need to do to get through this part of the game smile.png

Being nervous about the surgery is very normal, especially if you have never had a procedure. For you to get this far in your journey towards a slimmer and healthier you, you must have given considerable thought to your decision. Don't loose focus on the reasons you are doing this for yourself!

Though I have not done any of the cooking while on my liquid diet, I am present in the room when my husband (still a 34" waist at age 60) happily enjoys his pizza, or other forbidden foods. I have become adjusted to distracting myself with my reading or other projects, and reasoning my way through any thoughts I may have to not continue compliance with my liquid diet (now on day 5). I keep my eye on my prize of improved health and mobility. I place food in a healther perspective; that it is to give us energy to live, and not that I live to eat.

Someone I spoke to last year left a lasting impression on me; she was about six months out from her banding. And she shared her thoughts about revising thinking towards food. She asked me if the relatively few minutes a day spent eating anything you wanted were more important than a life full of improved health and all the benefits that came with the band and loosing weight. That clarified my goals for me, and there has been no more looking back!

I hope my words of encouragement help you...I am scheduled to be banded on 2/24. I would enjoy hearing back how you are doing with your progress.

Good Luck...remember you can do this if you want to!

Happy Valentines Day Feb. bandsters!! Getting a little nervous here, surgery is Thursday 16th. I went for pre-op today at the hospital but before hand I had to go weigh in at doctors office. After 12 days in Optifast liquids I had lost 8 lbs so I think that is pretty good. Excited to get all this over with but again very nervous. Good luck to all....

Thank you sojourner!! I know I am ready this is my time I just need to keep reminding myself. :)

I am on the count down- less than 24 hours till surgery. Just amazed at how fast the date has come smile.png

Soo..Tomorrow I will be joining the other side! :)

The nerves are finally hitting me, especially since I woke up sick this morning.

Soo..Tomorrow I will be joining the other side! smile.png

The nerves are finally hitting me, especially since I woke up sick this morning.

I am feeling the same way- very nervous and woke up not feeling well either, hoping it passes soon.

Oh Will...you give me hope!! I go into surgery on 2/29 and I am so worried about being able to return to work on Monday 3/5---if you feel that good after 48 hours...I hope I do too!! Good Luck to you!!

I am back to work also after just 3 days. My surgery was Friday at noon and I was home by 7:30 PM. Actually went to my grandson's basketball game Saturday afternoon. Best of luck to you both as we continue on this journey.

Does anyone else have pressure in their chest? I had a hernia fixed too, thinking that may be what is wrong..

I also had a hernia fixed while they were in there but haven't had too much pressure in my chest. Lots of pressure in my lower abdomen however like in my intestines. Guess they aren't used to what I'm putting in their yet and hope that all gets regulated soon. Other than that, I am doing great. No pain meds and the pain in my legs has finally subsided. Now I can walk more. Hope you get to feeling better but if it doesn't pass, call the doctor or pa. They will let you know what should be normal or not.

Hi Everyone! Just thought I would check in today, 6 days post-op. Things are improving both pain-wise and food-wise. I wasn't able to have my Protein Shakes post-op due to the fact that the thought of more sweet liquid made me gag, but today I mixed my Suncoast Bariatric shake with skim milk, drank 4 oz. of it, kept it down and no instant diarrhea. So that is progress! I've been off the narcotic pain killer med since Sunday. Today I had a recurrence of left shoulder pain- not sure why since that has been gone since Saturday. I did go for a short walk outside in the warm sunshine which was nice! Each day is getting better! I am planning to go back to work next Monday, Feb. 20th. The whole surgery was more than I expected, but I am adjusting and can say....thank God for Greek yogurt! (We Greeks are doing something right! LOL!)

Feb 29th! and so excited!! I have not told anyone except my mom and am not really sure how to bring it up or what their reaction might be. Any suggestions?

Jenn, I've told very few people. My immediate family and a couple of friends, but that's all. I may eventually tell some if the occasion arises like if I go out to lunch with them and I am eating very differently than before. I'm not good at lying so I think they'd see right thru me if I told a story. My first real test will be this Thursday when I go to lunch and movies with my girlfriends. We go to a deli and I've already checked out the Soups to see which one I can eat b/c I'm just 1 week banded and still on liquids. There are some friends, however, that just wouldn't understand and I'm going to avoid telling them as long as I can. The few I've told so far are very supportive and that helped. My suggestion is just to play it by ear. When the time is right, you'll know it.

Greekie, so glad you are doing better! And yes, you Greeks do make good yogurt! lol