Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

Mine is Feb 15th and have mixed emotions between happiness that I will take this journey which I am hoping it will be a successful journey and between being so afraid as I never been in any kind of surgery before I even don’t know how the surgery room will looks like also I am afraid from the complications I need some encouragement this is why I am hereJ

Good luck all and keep me posted with your results

I am right there with you- having surgery the same day as you and have never had a surgery before. Very nervous about surgery and its next week- Things will be fine and will have to post once your home and feeling better, would love to hear how things went for you-

Are there any Feb.16th banders out there?? Time is flying and it is getting really close.

. Hi mylov2drive My surgery date is Feb 16

So looks like I am scheduled for 2/27 instead of March. I am a February Bandster as it stands! Im super excited and a little scared but definately ready to roll!! :)

I'm feb 27 also

I'm feb 27 also

Great.. I added you before I think as a friend on here. I also created a Facebook page if you want to add me... It is listed as Tee Palmer

Got my surgery date ,Feb 16th. Started all liqued diet today. Sucks, I want a pizza...LOL

nervious, excited, hoping the next week flys by .......

just got banded yesterday...pain is there and annoying as the gas pains are too. im parnoid about everything i almost wish i stayed in the hospital. my surgeon is awesome and so were the members of the staff on the step down unit. when does the soreness go away?

I am right there with you- having surgery the same day as you and have never had a surgery before. Very nervous about surgery and its next week- Things will be fine and will have to post once your home and feeling better, would love to hear how things went for you-

I decided to postpond mine as I am breastfeeding and when I researched I chooce not to go ahead now till I am done with teh BF.. However all Feb banded will give me a push as I will see how much to achive and will keep saying I missed it.. I am planning to have it around April or May.. Good luck to you and please let me know how things will go this Wed.

Feeling anxious about surgery is to be expected, especially if you have never had any experience with it...The medical staff will be focused on your comfort and safety at all times prior to and after the procedure. If you do get a glimpse of the OR, nothing to be scared about. You are anesthetized almost immediately, and will wake up in recovery. That's about all I remember...and my surgery required 6 hours.

I have not had my band surgery yet, but I did have to undergo colon surgery last summer before I could be banded. That procedure was not laparoscopic, I was really sore for a few days. Walking afterwards while still in the hospital helped alot, and you will continue to feel better every day.

Good luck! Stay positive, and stay focused on the prize...

First report after the big day! I have to say, this was a bigger ordeal than I expected. I am home from the hospital since yesterday afternoon; surgery was around 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday. I couldn't sleep at all the night before the surgery. Normally, I never have any trouble, but one of my colleagues said, "You won't sleep a wink the night before...." which came true. The power of suggestion, I guess. I did stay overnight at the hospital and am very glad I did, due to the constant monitoring and dosing of pain meds, heparin shots, etc. The worst thing was feeling a need to use the restroom constantly while needing a nurse to unhook iv, oxygen, leg massager thingies, etc. Then not being able to go once reaching the rr. All in all, a terrible night! The pain was more than expected. My belly is all black and blue from the heparin shots, incisions, etc. I am walking around as much as I can.day; daughter and son in law coming over later. Do not refuse help! It is very comforting!I have needed to take the pain meds during the night, although it is better during the day. My son stayed with me all day yesterday.

First report after the big day! I have to say, this was a bigger ordeal than I expected. I am home from the hospital since yesterday afternoon; surgery was around 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday. I couldn't sleep at all the night before the surgery. Normally, I never have any trouble, but one of my colleagues said, "You won't sleep a wink the night before...." which came true. The power of suggestion, I guess. I did stay overnight at the hospital and am very glad I did, due to the constant monitoring and dosing of pain meds, heparin shots, etc. The worst thing was feeling a need to use the restroom constantly while needing a nurse to unhook iv, oxygen, leg massager thingies, etc. Then not being able to go once reaching the rr. All in all, a terrible night! The pain was more than expected. My belly is all black and blue from the heparin shots, incisions, etc. I am walking around as much as I can.day; daughter and son in law coming over later. Do not refuse help! It is very comforting!I have needed to take the pain meds during the night, although it is better during the day. My son stayed with me all day yesterday.

Sorry to here it has been more than you thought. I walked around the house like crazy yesterday and that helped a lot with any gas. AND OMG the needed to constantly go pee and not being able to was the worst. I had a rough night of sleep last night as i woke up because it felt like i could feel the band pressing down on me, probably need a few nights before that goes away.

Hi Greekie!

I had my surgery at Palms of Pasadena as well last Friday. One week ago.

I had the EXACT same experience as you so don't think this is out of the ordinary.

The first 3 days are the toughest but it DOES GET BETTER EACH DAY!! I am on day 7 and feel SOOOO much better. Walk and get the gas out. Hold a pillow to your belly. Use a heating pad on your back. After two days, take a nice hot shower and beat the Water on your back. It felt wonderful. Stay hydrated and stay on top of the pain meds!! You will be better SOON!! I promise smile.png

And by the way - the unhooking to use the bathroom and not being able to go was HORRIBLE. There was so much pressure and a lot of IV in us. I feel ya!! LOL

Who was your surgeon? Mine was Dr. Rehnke

I hope you will continue to feel better...I found that what helped me to feel better after prior abdominal surgery was to walk very short distances often.

Keep your eye on the prize...

Surgery was Wed., the 8th and this is my first report from the other side. I am happy to say that all went well and not as bad as I thought. My last memory before the surgery was when the nurse gave me the "happy juice" or whatever meds it is that calms you down. I don't remember anything after that until I was back in my room. I understand that I said some funny things though right before going in. I've had bilateral mastectomy and implants and chose not to have nipples reconstructed so I evidently told the nurse to tell the doctors not to laugh at my funny boobs! Ha ha! I really don't remember saying that! The pain wasn't real bad but I was very nauseous all day afterwards. Nothing came up, just gagging, but when the nurse gave me meds for that it calmed down. Not sure what that was from. I've have anesthesia before several times and never had that reaction. Like I said, the pain was tolerable but then again I've lived through 2 knee replacement operations and mastectomy/reconstruction surgery so compared to those, it was milder. The gas pain did hurt in the neck and shoulder area like so many others reported. And beware of your first bowel movement if your doctor makes you drink that nasty liquid before doing the test to see if everything is okay and no leaks. Just be close to the bathroom when the urge hits is all I can say!! So far no hunger. Drinking Low-Carb SlimFast and made a banana Protein Shake from powder Protein this morning. Had to blend it pretty well in order to blend the banana but it was pretty good. Planning on having some blended Soup for lunch and another shake later on today. Dr. wants me to get 60 grams of protein a day. So far no regrets but I'm only 2 days out. I have to say too that reading all these blogs and forums really, really helped a lot. You learn so much from other people's experiences, but you have to realize at the same time that everyone is different and so are the doctors. But it gives you a basic idea of what to expect and that is key is being prepared to this major life change.

Debbie