Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 9th (this coming Thursday), getting mine done by Dr. Natera in Juarez, www.medicaltourismo.com.

My BMI is 37, I'm looking to drop 110lbs to 178.. I'm hoping this will be the help I need; its just not possible for me to diet and exercise, my heads just not in that mode and I absolutely love food and I cannot diet, just can't do it!!! I'm sincerely hoping this jolt will point me in the right direction..

I'm on a simple pre-op diet which is so friggin' hard - mainly Clear Liquids, broth, some juice, a little fish or chicken, wheat thins; It seems to be focused on reduction of sugars and Water in the liver...

Steve

Well this sucks! I am scheduled for my surgery on Friday, and I am getting sick! My throat has been hurting for a couple days. Scratchy and sore. Now I am sneezing and my ears are hurting, and my nose is running. Also, I am coughing up some icky gunk. As soon as my various doctor's offices open in the morning, I am calling them. I HOPE I don't have to postpone my surgery!

Angel Eyes...I would be very careful about having surgery when you have a cough...it is very painful to cough after you have been banded.

Hi Will - congrats on the go ahead!

i too have a hiatal hernia that will defer the costs of the lap band... are you using True Results? It seems pretty standard that they do an EGD if you've reported any kind of acid reflux. Its definitely a nice perk to have the cost of surgery cut in half, plus getting the hernia fixed as well!

Also congrats to batii!! you must be feeling so relieved to have that approval in hand!

As for me, I just started my pre-op diet (a few days early, but what the heck) I'm doing Atkins induction, so less than 20g of carbs a day - whew! I figured I might as well get a head start on the diet, maybe try and lose a couple extra and do a 2 1/2 week pre-op diet.

Have a good day everyone!

Quinnmc...I went to true results and also had a hiatal hernia repaired and had my costs cut in half as well. I was banded last Wed 2/1 and still in pain...but I suppose I am a wimp...my port sight where they did the incision is killing me every time I get up and move or sit...

I am sure glad to know that there is a good deal of pain with this surgery. I was expecting to just breeze through it. I have a flight the day after surgery with a 3 hour layover. Crap! All in all it will totaly be worth it!!

I am really new to this site...like today new lol. My surgery is scheduled for 2/29/12. I see a lot of bloggers and posted items with the BMI ticker tape...how can I do that?

HEY EVERYONE IM 26 WENT TO MY FIRST APPT.ON 1/24/12..... WEIGHTING IN AT 5'3 367LBS......BOY HOW I WANTED TO CRY:(.....I IMMEDIATELY STARTED THE DIET LOSING 11/LBS BY MY PRE-OP VISIT ON 1-30-12.....THEN MORE BAD NEWS I HAD TO BE CLEARED BY PULIMONARY DOCTOR! !!!!!...LUCKILY THEY SEEN ME FAST ON 2/3/12.....AND LORD KNOWS I WAS PRAYING N EXCITED I GOR CLEARED :)......SO TODAY I WENT N GOT C-PAP MACHINE N SIGNED MY PAPERS TODAY EXPECTED TO BE BANDED 2/13/12!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....:)IM SO FREAKING EXCITED # THEN I MANAGED TO GAIN 3LBS OH NO!!!!!HAVE TO WORK REALLY HARD THIS WEEK

cocoabean,

I'm in Orange County and being banded on the 17th. I'm allowed to use the lo-carb Slim Fast - can find it at Amazon or at Sams Club. I decided to use the children's liquid tylenol, didn't know about ordering the adult med at amazon.

I am so excited about being banded, and the changes that will be coming. Keep me posted on how you're doing! rolleyes5.gif

Hey Sonnymom,

I am a February Bandster, but from 4 years ago. I sort of poked my head into y'all's thread. :-) Hope you don't mind.

Feb 15 will be my 4th Bandiversary. I am doing great. No complications at all. Normal BMI! Woot!!

i was approved today and am seeing the surgen Thursday Feb 9th I an very sure or at least my fingers are crossed and Im praying real hard I to will have a Feb date .....Good luck to all !!!!

Flaquita24 -

My surgeon is Dr Oliak. Where are you and whose your surgeon?

Im from central Pa...Dr G Scott Anderson will be my dr...are you in Pa also..?

Flaquita24 -

Hello. I just joined today, but I am scheduled for Feb. 17. And I am so excited, I have been counting down the days for 2 months!! And wanted this for 7 years. Good luck to all, and have a great Month!!

Hey I'm schedule for the same day as well :) where r u at ?

Flaquita24 -

My surgeon is dr Naim , from Santa clarita

Flaquita we have the same surgeon and were scheduled the same month! laugh.png

Flaquita we have the same surgeon and were scheduled the same month! laugh.png

How cool when is your surgery? And where r u having it. We should keep in touch :)