Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started my pre-op diet today....12 more days till Band Day! So today is going ok but because I know i cant eat I'm having some hunger pains now. And to top it off some person in my office thought it'd be neat to have french fries for lunch UGH lol, oh well need to get used to that and get over it. Haven't heard from my insurance yet, turned it in on Monday...hope they answer soon because then I can feel at ease.

Good luck February bandsters!!!!

My Dr and nutritionist gave me a shopping list of stuff to get before surgery to be prepared (clear liquids, Jello, popsicles, etc) and Gas-x Strips were on there... not sure if they work, but seems like alot of people recommend them :) good luck!

No longer a Feb bandster, on date available was the 29th my moms b-day and I want her to have a good time. Now I will be banded on March 2 a friday which is good because I will have spring break off which is the next week after, so 2 week recovery. Goodluck feb bandsters.

My Dr and nutritionist gave me a shopping list of stuff to get before surgery to be prepared (clear liquids, Jello, popsicles, etc) and Gas-x Strips were on there... not sure if they work, but seems like alot of people recommend them smile.png good luck!

I got the Gas-X strips also. I am getting the rest of my items tomorrow. Clear Liquids, popsicles,etc.... Has anyone been able to find the liquid tylenol?

Hi everyone. Excited to be banded on the 13th. On day 4 of the pre-op liquid diet. What has helped me a lot with the shakes is using boiling Water and adding things like almond extract or vanilla. Also add Decaf instant coffee crystals.

Mixing them with the hand blender makes them taste like a latte or mocha.

Seems to be okay so far.

Looking forward to getting to know all you fellow bandsters.

It seems surreal that it is finally happening.

Im starting to pannick I haven't done anything yet... I haven't filled rx, got Vitamins, Proteins shakes, Clear Liquids im a nervous wreck...Someone please give me tips I cant think straight!!!

I think you can buy the children's you just have to take more.... Or you can ask your local pharmacy , maybe they can order for you.... I redrew my liquid vitamins online too... Multivitamin, and also liquid Calcium plus D

I got the Gas-X strips also. I am getting the rest of my items tomorrow. Clear liquids, popsicles,etc.... Has anyone been able to find the liquid tylenol?

Breathe! Everything will be alright :) just make yourself a checklist to get organized :)

Here's some stuff to think about

... Pre op diet

... Post op diet shopping list

... liquid vitamins

Don't worry about Rx, your dr will tell you when to get filled... Some do before, some give you Rx day of surgery

Also think about attending a support group meeting... My surgery center has them every 2 weeks

Im starting to pannick I haven't done anything yet... I haven't filled rx, got Vitamins, Proteins shakes, clear liquids im a nervous wreck...Someone please give me tips I cant think straight!!!

I was hoping for Feb, but it looks like my insurance is making me wait until March.... :(

YAY! Finanlly got my surgery Date I can finally say I am a February bandster!!! Im scheduled for Feb. 16th, any one in Southern California? I would love to make some friends that will be in the same situation at the same time!

I am in San Diego, 4 years post-op, but can relate to being banded! :-)

I started my pre-op diet which is Optifast on Thursday, so far so good, I have not been hungry. I also have been looking for adult liquid tylenol and my local Walmart pharmacy says they don't order to much of it and when they do it gets gone. They would not let me reserve any so.... Not sure what I will do but I may try the childrens and double dose. Surgery is Thurs. Feb 16th

I started my pre-op diet which is Optifast on Thursday, so far so good, I have not been hungry. I also have been looking for adult liquid tylenol and my local Walmart pharmacy says they don't order to much of it and when they do it gets gone. They would not let me reserve any so.... Not sure what I will do but I may try the childrens and double dose. Surgery is Thurs. Feb 16th

You can order it from Amazon.com

You can order it from Amazon.com

I am worn down from hunting for it. So Amazon here I come! LOL

I just had an appointment with the surgeon on Friday! I barely made the FEB bandster club with Feb 29th date! My Grandma was born on this day so many years ago. (She is in Heaven now . She passed away 12 yrs ago) I will always remember by banding day every year as I think of it being my Grandma's Birthday also, although I will have to Celebrate it a day earlier or a day late except every four years when leap year rolls around! teeth_smile.gif I wish everyone well with your surgeries. May we all be blessed with a great surgery and a great journey. It's great to have support on here!!

I do have to say I am so nervous now that I do have a date. It just makes it more real!! I don't have to start a low carb diet until Feb 15. Until then I will continue to follow my weight watchers plan. Some days, it's actually quite low carb, in itself, but not always. I do love my carbs, so I will have to do better on that during my 2 weeks pre op for sure. And after. I have been following my weight watchers plan the past few weeks and started losing a little weight with that. Because over Christmas, but mainly a bit after it, I started gaining some weight, so I have lost 9 so far. At my appt on Friday, I was still 1 lb. up from my first consult with the doc in September. They had no clue I had gained 9 lbs and lost it before they saw me again. laugh.png It's scary how quick I can gain weight. That's why I know the band is definite must for me. I NEED that tool to keep me in check.

I will love to read up on all of you Feb bandsters! May we all do well with this!