Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mrs.Brown, I'm in Alabama.

Mrs.Brown, I'm in Alabama.

kmt1973....Is your surgery being done by an Alabama surgeon?

No, its by Dr Turton in Lagrange, Ga. I live on the Al border, its like 30 min from my house. How about you, in al? Where are you at on your journey?

No, its by Dr Turton in Lagrange, Ga. I live on the Al border, its like 30 min from my house. How about you, in al? Where are you at on your journey?

Dr. Dewitt in Birmingham is my doctor. I live about 45 mins away from there. My date of surgery is Feb 24th.

Hi... I just went to my 2nd appt today 1/26 and found out that all my testing is done and all I need is the final sign off for surgery clearance. Quicker turn around time then I ever thought possible, my 1st consultation/appt was just last week 1/19... Since I'm not going thru the trouble of going thru my insurance they said I was open to get the surgery done as soon as I like... So I am now a February Bandster... I meet with the surgeon 2/6.

I chose to give this to myself as the grandest Valentine's gift any woman could give herself

<3 my surgery date will be Feb 14th <3

My wife was 248 and the Doctor did not have her do any special diet, and I asked about that for myself too when I went in for my consultation and they said i did not need one either i was about 220 at the time. So possibly your weight isnt high enough for him to put you on a special diet.

I just had my nutritionist consult today and he went over the pre-op diet and the reasons for it. My understanding is its more to benefit the surgery than us, to shrink the liver down since it is laying in front of the stomach. It is to keep the liver from being swollen or bloated and making it harder for the surgeon to place the band properly.

I hope that helps.

Hey guys. There sure are a lot of us scheduled for Feb 8th, everyone getting excited? So a friend of mine who has had gastric asked me the other day what my "last meal" is gonna be. I hadn't put any thought into it. Is anyone having a final last blowout the night before starting the preop diet or before fasting for surgery? If so what do you have planned?

Feb. 6th here!! I'm excited, but a little scared. How is everyone doing on the liquid diet? I am sooooo sick of Jello and Protein Shakes already . . uh oh . . .not good considering I'll be on those for the next month!! Ugh! I'm actually getting MARRIED in April so the weight loss will be good, but I'm a little scared for the bridal shower. I, too, am having difficulty answering questions to people about what I'm having surgery on and why I can't eat and stuff. I don't really want to share this surgery with a lot of people. I feel like it's my business . . .but I don't want people to think I'm turning anorexic or anything either . . .Suggestions???

Cakes198 - I feel the same way. I haven't told many people, mostly immediate family and a couple of friends. I go to the movies and lunch every Wednesday with some friends (I'm retired). I haven't planned on telling them but yet after I have the surgery, my eating is going to drastically change, especially immediately afterwards. I even did a practice at the local deli where we always go checking out Soups that hopefully don't have chunks in them. So I've pretended to take a liking to French Onion Soup that comes with only a few croutons which I can take out and mostly broth. So my suggestion is to be proactive and plan out what you can eat ahead of time. Avoid eating out for a while if you can, and then when you are eating more normally, just small amounts, just claim to be on another diet. If your friends are like mine, they're used to seeing me on some kind of diet and won't think anything of it. Good luck. Let me know if you have any other ideas because I need them as well. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding and maybe you can pretend to feel a little bit nauseous from nerves at the shower!

Debbie

My manager is giving me the run around about getting the days off I need to have my surgery. Legally she can't ask me what the surgery is for but since it's not "emergency surgery" she's pushing me to push my date back for a week or two later. My patient advocate said she could move my date to 2/21. Feel cheated.

Has anyone else had this situation. Also she said for me to fill out an FMLA request. I'm in Texas does anyone know if it something I can do since it's elective surgery and not a recurrent or chronic issue???

SO CONFUSED...

My manager is giving me the run around about getting the days off I need to have my surgery. Legally she can't ask me what the surgery is for but since it's not "emergency surgery" she's pushing me to push my date back for a week or two later. My patient advocate said she could move my date to 2/21. Feel cheated.

Has anyone else had this situation. Also she said for me to fill out an FMLA request. I'm in Texas does anyone know if it something I can do since it's elective surgery and not a recurrent or chronic issue???

SO CONFUSED...

Ummmm....LEGALLY she can't ask you that either. I haven't told ANYONE what I'm being off for. That's what FMLA is for. Are you going to use FMLA??? My superviser approved me with NO QUESTIONS.

Hi all,

Mine is Feb 15th and have mixed emotions between happiness that I will take this journey which I am hoping it will be a successful journey and between being so afraid as I never been in any kind of surgery before I even don’t know how the surgery room will looks like also I am afraid from the complications I need some encouragement this is why I am hereJ

Good luck all and keep me posted with your results

Hey guys. There sure are a lot of us scheduled for Feb 8th, everyone getting excited? So a friend of mine who has had gastric asked me the other day what my "last meal" is gonna be. I hadn't put any thought into it. Is anyone having a final last blowout the night before starting the preop diet or before fasting for surgery? If so what do you have planned?

I just got back from fuddruckers and had a 1lb burger and finished it, it was on my bucketlist of food items before i get the band.