Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgeon In Kansas City?

Has anyone had their WLS done in Kansas City? Who did you use? Anyone to recommend?

Thanks.

I used Dr. Hoehn from The Bariatric Center of KC.

Dr. Malley, he is awesome. love him. staff nice too!

I used Dr Hohen as well. He did a great job and I really like his staff.

Dr. Drahota did my surgery on Tuesday and I couldn't have been happier. The Medical Weightloss Surgery Center is where he does the surgery. I loved everyone of my nurses and everyone that was there. They were so helpful to me even when I was nervous they sat with me and told me as much info as they could about what I was going to go through, step by step. After surgery I even had my own post op nurse that didn't leave my side. I was so comfortable that I hated going home!! :)

Dr Malley and staff are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My surgeon is Dr. Nicole Fearing who is with Malley Surgical. The staff is wonderful and Dr. Fearing is great to work with. I'm harder on myself than anyone can be and she will sit and talk as long as you need to during a routine fill appointment. I never feel rushed during these appointments.

Something else to keep in mind is where the surgery is done, and Malley Surgical does their band procedures at New Hope Bariatrics (435/Nall). My outpatient stay there was the best I have experienced next to the Birth Place at Olathe Med. The surgical center is geared towards bariatric patients. It's a calming, warm and great environment. I loved the nurse I had there.

Good luck! Looks like we have a lot of KC support going on here.

--Carrie

I had my surgery done by Dr. Malley. He was awesome. He kind of reminds me of a dirty hippie for some reason, lol. But him and his staff were so amazing. I went in at 830am and left 240pm the same day, but I hear they are requiring an overnight stay now. Everything about this journey with them has been amazing. The only thing I would change is I really haven't seen Dr Malley much since my surgery.

Dr. Malley! Once I met him, I was at ease. The staff at New Hope Bariatric is awesome, and Karen in his office (she does the fills!) is very supportive and will guide you through the process. Good luck on your journey!

Dr.malley and his staff are wonderful that is where I do all my fills and checkups they really take the time to help you

Weight loss surgical center peformed my surgery wishing I went to Dr Malley! No support bad fill experiences admin issues filed complaint with no response! Loved my surgeon and the hospital stay was wonderful, beyond that I do not have many positive things to say. Oh, and my biggest complaint they do not have a nutritionalist on staff! REALLY!

Not KC but Olathe : ) dr opie at Olathe medical center. Wonderful staff from the receptionists and up!

I see Dr.Fearing on Thursday! Excited!

• So happy when I got my band in March 2010 by Dr. Hitchcock, who at that time was with Malley Weight Loss group, ten months later he was gone. That was the first problem, but had no problems that couldn't be handled after the surgery, just the normal discomfort. Lost about 40%, which I understand is pretty close to normal, in the first year. Second year I started joking/complaining that if I didn't know better I felt I didn't have a band, meaning that I didn't have any symptoms that others seem to complain about. Into the third year and second problem, an insult from the NP who was now doing the fills then the third problem last September, a promise she would call me with some lab test results and I have yet to hear from her (I did get my lab results because I requested copies from the lab) but I felt after her insulting me the first time and the promise she would call, and didn't, I felt it wasn't my place, by this time I felt it was all about $$$$$$$. With the help of another doctor he recommended me to another doctor. Have found there are few clinics that will take a patient who has had lap band placed by another doctor. So I switched clinics and seen my new doctor last Thursday. He asked when was my last fill and if they had been done under fluoroscope. Mine had all been done blind at Malley and never checked except at the time of surgery. Before he would give me a fill he checked the band with the barium only to find my band has eroded. I have not had any discomfort, no pain, no heartburn,no vomiting, no nothing.. Come to find out in researching the band all weekend, 1 out of 3 bands erode and usually three years is when problems start to arise. Now I'm scheduled for an endoscopy on Thurs to see how bad this is, then scheduling for the removal and don't have a choice on this. This really makes me sad, as I had faith in the band and felt so good, actually still do. Just wish I had done better research and made a different choice, so I wouldn't have to go through another surgery or two. So to all of you that have had problems from almost day one and now want the band out I empathize. For me, who never had a problem even to complain about had to be that one out of three, that has an eroded band and didn't even know it and wish it didn't have to be removed. I'm hoping my insurance will cover the gastric by-pass as Iam also afraid of the sleeve as it is so new there hasn't been enough research to what problems might develop. They are just now reporting the problems with the band after it being in use since 1994, I think. So any of you that have the band or are having the band, if at any time you feel you are having problems, it never hurts to have it checked under fluoroscope, insist. Just don't take no for an answer. And those of you that don't have any problems like myself, it should at least be checked yearly. Myself, had I known, I would have found a clinic, which I have now, that does all fills under fluoroscope. Hope this will help any of you that are planning on having it done.