Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Down And Discouraged

was banded on Halloween and well had a fill of 2 ccs on Dec. 5th. I have not lost since the fill. I have lost about 20 lbs since the surgery but not this past month. I'm in panic depressed mode to not see a movement on the scale. anyone else had this happen? I go for another fill on Jan 12th. Not much longer now. I am finding myself really getting down this past week. Is this normal?

was banded on Halloween and well had a fill of 2 ccs on Dec. 5th. I have not lost since the fill. I have lost about 20 lbs since the surgery but not this past month. I'm in panic depressed mode to not see a movement on the scale. anyone else had this happen? I go for another fill on Jan 12th. Not much longer now. I am finding myself really getting down this past week. Is this normal?

It sounds like you need more fill. Do you have any kind of restriction at this point? Good restriction or green zone is when you eat about 1/2 to 1 cup of food in measurement and feel satisfied. It take a while to get there.

Along my journey I've experienced the scale not moving down for a week or two then out of the blue finally breaks. Yet another possibility - Count your calories. Fats, mayo, salad dressings add up in calories. Start a meal journal and check how many calories you are eating per meal/day. Another possibility along my journey, I remember I got into the habit of eating sugar free chocolate candy and thought that I would be ok with calories. Well, the scale locked up and I finally thought of reading the nutritional information and there it was, 4 candies was equivalent to one meal in calorie count. No more SF candies for me. In addition I was eating lots of cheese as Snacks which is also high in calories.

Don't give up, once you are in the green zone with fills or discover whatever may be hindering you the weight will come off. Hey, 20 lbs. already lost is a huge accomplishment. My question to you, would you have lost 20 lbs. before your journey began? Don't beat yourself up, you WILL get there. Jake

thanks so much for your response. I'm getting so depressed and I can't do this. I appreciate your tips. gonna try HARDER!

We all get in a hurry and lose our sense of actual timing. When I look back at long I thought "it takes" vs how long it actually "took" it's hard to believe the same amount of time passed on the calendar.

It helped me to focus on my goal, in part by seeing how my clothing and body shape were changing, even during periods the scale wasn't moving.

Each day is a LOT easier to do one at a time. Being consistent and measuring what we eat, taking walks, getting our Water down, etc helps build a New Life.

If *I* can do it, anybody can do it.

Just keep moving in the direction you want to go, one bite at a time.

You can do it.

My first fill was 4 cc's. I GAINED weight between my first and second fill, one month later.

Like other "Diets" I was intimidated about facing my surgeon and getting weighed in.

But he smiled and reassured me stating that is why he is going to give me that 2nd fill, and additional fills after that if needed, until I get to that place where the band starts to do what it was intended to do.

It took me a total of 3 fills, and I have not had one since last May. I only see my surgeon every 3 months now. Next visit is in Feb., and I will ask for a small adjustment, maybe .5 cc.

It's become very routine. Heck, I see my dental hygienist every 3 months!!

I need a adjustment because my weight loss has slowed way down. It does that when you get close to your goal, squeezing out every last lb.

So don't be discouraged, but don't loose control either. This is what everyone calls this time "Bandster Hell" And it can take a few months for some people, like me.

If I knew where you

Ives I would come in and take that scale and throw it out the window!! No more of that....you are free to live!

thank you all for your support. it helps a lot to read what you all have had to say. this has sure been a struggle. i'm ready to move forward. :) (the above comment) made me laugh out loud. thanks ya'all

Go out have fun and get rid Of scales ..weight falls off when it's ready not when you are...my body works without me monitoring it daily on scale ..i lost 50 in 2 years ..in my 5os. ..still down...now go have fun!

I was banded 2 years before you! (actually the day before Halloween in 209). I remember that I had lost about 25-30 lbs on my 6 month diet but then slowed down adn didn't loose much between November and January. So, don't be discouraged. Your weight loss will come. Good luck with your next fill. Karen

awh thanks. Ya know my highest weight was 292, I was 267 the day of surgery a month later I was 253, now thursday we will see but according to "my scales" only down 10 more lbs. I can't get discouraged. I WILL do this. Soooo thankful each of you have replied and offered me this support. I have re-read what you all said again and it's sinking in. I'm excited to get my second fill this thursday. I'm drinking, exericising more and measuring MORE and now i'm planning more. It sure helps....

I was banded October 5, 2011 and have lost almost 25lbs. I already have 8.5cc in my band and the scale has not moved in 2 months. I knew it would be slow due to my diabets and low BMI of 35 when I started. But I'm getting a little frustrated. I know it will happen I just wish it would be a bit quicker. I just haven't hit my "sweet spot" yet and I need another fill.

I was banded 10/8/11. I have lost a total of 70lbs, but go through phases. I am at 7cc's right now and am finally in the green zone. It took me 5 fills to get here. Even now I will go 4-6 weeks with hardly any movement and then in one week i will lose 7 lbs! It's very frustrating, I agree. I am also working out with a personal trainer 3 times a week and have been told not to focus so much on the weight because I am gaining muscle. I can see the inches coming off because my sizes keep getting smaller. It's been a while since you commented on this post, how are you doing now??