Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

HELLO GUYS......

HOW ARE THE MALES DOING WITH THE CHANGES IN THEIR NEW JOURNEYS.

I just wonder if you guys go throughout the same stress, emotional the feel of going no where like I did from time to time?

THANKS FOR SHARING GUYS.

Hi there- LadyB, no offense taken, ever! You're right. I need to get back in the saddle. I think maybe the 5 day pouch test will be something I do just to "reset." Thanks for the tough love, it's needed!!!

Karen- wow, you're so lucky, getting all that done! I wish!! Keep us posted. And I'm not sure that there are any men on this thread- I don't know if there ever were, actually? I actully wonder about this- like, B-52, who posts here, always says how he CAN'T eat this and that, how his band won't let him- but I know I sure can. So I wonder if sometimes men don't have the emotional thing - and the monthly thing, obviously- that I do. But then, men can of course be emotional eaters. I don't know- maybe my band isn't tight enough, but ice cream sure slides right on down! As does the stupid crap I sometimes choose to eat.

Nicki

<p>Hi there- LadyB, no offense taken, ever! You're right. I need to get back in the saddle. I think maybe the 5 day pouch test will be something I do just to "reset." Thanks for the tough love, it's needed!!!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Karen- wow, you're so lucky, getting all that done! I wish!! Keep us posted. And I'm not sure that there are any men on this thread- I don't know if there ever were, actually? I actully wonder about this- like, B-52, who posts here, always says how he CAN'T eat this and that, how his band won't let him- but I know I sure can. So I wonder if sometimes men don't have the emotional thing - and the monthly thing, obviously- that I do. But then, men can of course be emotional eaters. I don't know- maybe my band isn't tight enough, but ice cream sure slides right on down! As does the stupid crap I sometimes choose to eat.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Nicki</p>

Hi I'm new to this forum, but could use a little support and ideas. I was banded in March 2011. I weighed 224 the day of my surgery. I got to 165, which was my initial goal (tho I later revised that to 155). I held that weight within a pound or 2 for about 7-8 months. I then started having extreme reflux and had an upper gi test done. It showed my band was way too tight so we let a little Fluid out. About that same time my dad was diagnosed with leukemia and it was a very stressful time for me. This was all started about 12 months ago. I have gained about 15 lbs and I am so unnerved about it, I can't seem to get it off. The stress eating kicked in when my dad was sick and now it's like that is all I can eat. I haven't had a fill since May 2013 because I don't want to be too tight again. Some days the bad feels just right, other days I feel like I can eat anything. I have this "brain hunger" even when I am full or have something stuck and have had to vomit I still think I am hungry, I think that is the stress and also the fact that I am upset about the weight and its just messing with me.....If anyone has any ideas, I could use the support to reset myself and get back on track. Thanks

Misslex,

Tomorrow is a new day....

I had a wild month like that back in May of last year. I learned I had renal cancer. So I ate out of stress. Then the scale went up some. I figured it out real fast. IF I DO NOT BUY IT I CAN NOT EAT .. I got rid of all the misleading foods and got back to charting and Protein Snacks. If I did not take care of me I was worthless to the ones around me. I pulled my head out of my own pitty party and used this group for one of my life lines. If getting a partial fill gets you back on track then I would do it until I was back on track.

This is why I like having the band. I control it!!!!!!!!

I also got rid of a real messed up kidney and am a survivor. We have to take care of ourselves. People who do not have the band don't get it. By pass is different then a band each have different side effects. I have a neighbor had by pass a month ago and she ask questions about things I have never experienced with my band.

Misslex hang in there.... call your doctor and asks how he/she would handle your situation. That is why they are the doctor... :-)

<p>Misslex,</p>

<p>Tomorrow is a new day....</p>

<p>I had a wild month like that back in May of last year. I learned I had renal cancer. So I ate out of stress. Then the scale went up some. I figured it out real fast. IF I DO NOT BUY IT I CAN NOT EAT .. I got rid of all the misleading foods and got back to charting and Protein Snacks. If I did not take care of me I was worthless to the ones around me. I pulled my head out of my own pitty party and used this group for one of my life lines. If getting a partial fill gets you back on track then I would do it until I was back on track. </p>

<p>This is why I like having the band. I control it!!!!!!!! </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I also got rid of a real messed up kidney and am a survivor. We have to take care of ourselves. People who do not have the band don't get it. By pass is different then a band each have different side effects. I have a neighbor had by pass a month ago and she ask questions about things I have never experienced with my band. </p>

<p>Misslex hang in there.... call your doctor and asks how he/she would handle your situation. That is why they are the doctor... :-) </p>

Thank you!

What is the 5 day pouch test that someone mentioned earlier in this thread?

I am not sure what the 5 day thing is. I myself just go back to liquids for a few days to get the junk out. I do all liquids for at least six days. I think sometimes you get back to the basic it help.

The 5 day pouch test is comprised of liquids in the beginning, then mushies, then solids. Similar to how we first started. You can search it on here, there are lots of threads that explain it.

Nicki, so glad you took my comments as intended; I was starting to get worried!

Otaku am, I think the six-day liquids is a great idea. I might try that myself sometime, just to get that "light" feeling all-liquids give! :-) Oh, btw, did I mention that you are an inspiration to all?!!! :-)

I am not sure what the 5 day thing is. I myself just go back to liquids for a few days to get the junk out. I do all liquids for at least six days. I think sometimes you get back to the basic it help.

I looked up the 5 day pouch test....I've never heard of that. Going to start tomorrow. So you do all liquids for 6 days to??? Shrink up your pouch? Test your fill level? I love being banded and believe I can get thru this. Just finding this forum today has helped so much. This is a good opportunity for me to face some of the things that haunt me and get back to a good place in my own head. Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!

Hi Misslex, welcome! I think the 5 day pouch test kind of shrinks up the pouch, and also gets you mentally back in the game. The mental stuff is where I struggle, for sure!

Lady B- we're here to help eachother, and I know that's always where everyone here is coming from. I need tough love from people who understand what being banded is all about!

We're going to get a snow storm here in NC, yay! Ice and "wintry mix" and 1-3 inches or so of snow. Nothing like Karen has been getting up in MN, but still, for us southerners, LOL (I'm actually from Iowa, but my blood has thinned after almost 15 years down south!).

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Nicki

Hello, all.

Not much time right now, but I wanted to share a good website/blog I ran across ...

Www.amihungry.com

If you click on her blog, there is some good info for all of us.

Hi there- Lady B, I'll have to check out that site.

I am day 3 of back on track- got up to 208 as of this morning, but think it's really more like 207 ish. I'll lose that and then onward and downward! I love my fitness pal.

And all of you too!

Nicki

oh you guys! well...I should say ladies I guess...I don't know of any guys on this string. I am miserable & disgusted with myself. I'm doing everything wrong...and I know it. I say I'm going to do better, and then wind up sabotaging myself. At this time last year, I was down 112 pounds from the day I first saw my surgeon. I've gained, lost and regained the same 20 pounds. ugh!!! I know I must get back to logging my food. I know I must start exercising every day again. I keep saying I'm just going to start over...but can't seem to make myself do it. help!!!

Chrissylu,

I do not post a lot but I start over every day. My journey in the past 2 years has been like a rollercoaster. When I wake up and my feet hit the floor I can either have a productive day or a destructive day. Maybe for me it is easier because I am single and only cook for myself. Then again being I am alone I can eat what I can not always what I want. It's like WHO will know. I knew going into this new LIFESTYLE that it was forever. I have to say every day when my feet hit the floor " THIS is My life I can make it better or go back where I was" I have to take a look at my start picture that I have taped inside my medicine cabinet. As I do my multi Vitamin I look at the picture then turn and look in the full lengthy mirror. And say out loud. " Karen... Look at how far you have come." " and yes you can always go back if you want"

I have concurred cancer this past year and never looked back at that. But boy I can beat myself up over a bad choice or a bad moment. But the mirror does not lie. And I can step back on the right track easier knowing this group is here and most of all you Chrissylu for refreshing my red flags along my journey. This is not a race.......

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to drop in and say hi, I've followed a lot of everyone's up and down's via email. I've had my share as well. I've not had a fill since last May (2013). I felt I didn't need it till now, I go on March 6th. I did my 1st half marathon back in October and still run on a regular basis. I don't always eat the right things and I slip here and there been bouncing between a 73-75lb loss for the last 6months. I always said I just wanted to be a solid size 12 and I'm here so I'm just maintaining best I can and I'm happy. I'm still a few pounds off my overall goal but hopefully after this next fill I'll get there as long as I keep up my fitness routine. I joined a running group last year and those ladies WILL hold me accountable I know that's where a large part of my fitness success come from. I'm also a run group leader to hold MYSELF accountable.

Now, I'm going through a separation/divorce and trying with all my might to stay on track and not get detoured and back slide too much (I still love my sweets/comfort foods) Life happens, right ladies, we fall and we get back up best we can.

I still think of this fabulous support group often and I think you for letting me share and vent a little. I pray each and everyone of you continue with your successes, get back in the saddle if you have to and be safe and healthy. I'll be back to try to catch up more with everyone's posts..

Hi everyone! Chrissy- I feel ya, girl. All I can say- LOG your food! I'll see you on MFP, LOL, and you'll see me. It is totally a journey, and remember, with the lapband we can always do the right thing. Heck, y'all have seem me through a MAJOR backslide, and I'm still here (I consider this most recent backslide a minor one, LOL). I like what Karen said- make a decision each day to make good decisions. And if you slip up- well, that means you're human. It's not a fatal failure! Just begin again. You can do it!!!!

Karen- btw, thanks for your words of wisdom regarding my medical records- I have them all now, and as soon as my insurance kicks in I'll find a new doc (Carolina Girl on the boards lives near me and recommended her surgeon, so that's good). You had great advice for Chrissy. I'll have to print out one of my before pix and put it on my bathroom mirror. You're right, each day is a new day to make good choices!

NJ2NC- HI!!! You're doing so great! A size 12, I'm jealous! I finally am in an 18, the first time in like 9 years I wore a size with a 1 in the front, not a 2, LOL. Good for you running, you go, girl! I am so sorry about the separation/divorce- I hear you on the comfort foods, I do. If I can ask- and if you don't want to answer that is of course totally fine- did your wls have anything to do with your marriage problems? I'm asking beacuse though not going through a separation/divorce (which is a long process here in NC!!), it's still been a stressor on our marriage- DH isn't the most supportive...and it's frustrating.

Well, yay me for not eating a TON of ice cream last night , though I really wanted to- I didn't eat ANY!! And, I didn't eat DS's chocolate chip cookie from chick fil a that he didn't want because it was "too chocolaty." I told him I wasn't at all sure now that he was actually my son!! LOL I stuck to my plan, logged all my foods and lived through the craving.

Everyone have a great day!

Nicki