Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Hi there! I was so busy I totally forgot to log in. Tomorrow is my WID, and I hope for a lb loss or so. I've been totally logging, under calories (myfitnesspal always says, "you're eating too few calories!"). Did zumba last night, my butt is killing me, there were TONS of squats!

I also pulled out our Wii Fit on Monday night, we've had it for years but I never did it. It's okay, it measured my bmi, etc, and it focuses a lot on balance, etc. Then I did just a few minutes of weight lifting. I need to incorporate that more into my routine.

Sue, yeppers, ice cream is a flab builder! But it's really great that you've in essence stayed the same weight wise, even with not being able to do a lot of exercise for so long! And I'm glad you got a bike ride in and didn't fall off getting on or off, LOL.

Where is everyone else? Otaknam? Ladybandito? Chrissy? Meredith hasn't been on in a long time, others...I know it's hard, and definitely life goes in cycles, doesn't it.

Everyone, lurking or posting, have a great day!

Nicki

Hi all, weigh in day, down to 227.5, so a loss of 3 lbs. Slowly but surely, but really, it's not that slow considering I've lost like 8 lbs in 3 weeks. It's just right! I'll take it, anyways.

Struggling a little with emotional eating- rather, wanting to emotionally eat, luckily not actually doing it, LOL. Logging on MFP really really helps me.

Check in, peoples!!

Have a great day!

Nicki

Hey ladies! Long time no posting...I've been visiting LBT on an occasional basis but haven't taken the time to do much posting. Things have been incredibly busy in my household. My oldest graduated from college in May, my middle child graduated from high school in June and I spent all of May and June getting ready for a dual grad party. You understand how it is-you start on one project which leads to another, which leads to another...and another...and another. At least now the house is all neat and freshly painted!

I've been struggling along with my band too. I started having some sternal pain so they took a full cc in early July and I found that I could eat A LOT more. I was hungry all the time and eating a ton of carbs and junk food. Fortunately I only gained a couple of pounds during that time, but I did get flabbier since I wasn't working out as much. I just got .8 cc added back in two weeks ago but I've discovered that I forgot how to eat with a tighter band. I've been logging all of my food on My Fitness Pal, but sometimes it just seems to be too much. The stricter I am with my expectations of myself, the more I struggle. The closer I get to each "milestone", the more I sabotage myself.

I'm just taking it one day at a time. My daughter is leaving to college this weekend and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. I have gotten back into my exercise routine which I'm hoping will help me deal with the stress.

Looks like you have all kept supporting each other. That has always amazed me!

I read through the thread to catch up with what's been going on. Sorry for the lengthy post, but I wanted you to know that I hadn't forgotten about my January friends!

I'm still here, Nicki. So very proud of you, girl! I am experiencing loss vicariously through you, so keep on keep in' on!!

Hi SueBee, glad life activities are getting easier as time goes by.

And RKImom, hello, hello. Life does seem to speed up at times, for sure. Congrats on the graduations, you must be very proud. I think exercise would be a great way to deal with "empty nest." It is also a mood elevator, you know.

Weight-wise I'm still the same. I don't know, maybe I'm at goal.

I'm wondering how Nicole is doing? Haven't heard boo in a while from her?

Lady bandito-not going to have an empty nest yet! I still have an 11 year old at home, plus my oldest moved back home after college graduation. He started medical school four weeks ago and is commuting from home to save a little on expenses. His school is about a 30 minute drive from our house. It's been challenging having him home after four years. He is an adult, but sometimes acts like more of a kid than his younger siblings! I think it's added some stress into my life!

My daughter leaves on Sunday and I will become the minority in my house-all this testosterone might drive me crazy!!!! I'm going to NEED to workout to keep my sanity...

Sure sounds like you've been working hard! How much more do you want to lose?

SueBee- nice that you've found a job that you enjoy! It makes all the difference in the world to have fun with what you do, doesn't it?

Nicki-I see you still struggle with the ice cream-my weakness is Cookies. I'm hoping that once our new "normal" settles in at home that I can stop my cookie binges. My youngest starts school on September 3rd and I can settle back into a less chaotic schedule. I have a home office and I haven't been able to get any regular routine going since May when my oldest came home. I tend to turn to carbs when my stress level increases, so the cookies have been calling my name, regularly...

I will try to stop in more often.

Hi everyone! I totally thought I'd posted yesterday, LOL. I read, but just didnt' post!

Rkimom- I am on a 6 month (at least) no ice cream challenge. It's my weakness, and I can't have just a little. I go crazy. So I'm just not having any, and logging everything on MFP. It's hard with changes going on, but I'm starting to see that there are ALWAYS changes going on! So I have to adjust ME. Make sure you make time for yourself- even at 11, your youngest can make a sandwich or nuke some mac and cheese if it means a night to yourself :)

LadyB-I've ben wondering about Nicole too, hope she's okay with the moving and divorce and all she was going through. And weight wise- maybe you are at goal, or maybe your body is just pausing a minute, ya know? Keep on doing things right and you'll tone and tighten and- who knows- maybe lose more weight. At any rate, you'll be healthy!

I had a good sweaty zumba class this morning, and have a couple nagging chores out of the way- cleaned the top of my fridge, threw pretty much everythign out, but found some cookie cutters I had been missing, LOL, of all places! DH does things like that, I never know where I'll find things.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I may just go take a nap, I woke up around 3 am and didn't go back to sleep til like 6, so I'm kinda tired.

Have a great day!

Nicki

has anyone tried the lemonade cleanse as a reboot? thinking about it. still at 270# after surgery and frustrated. its all me not eating right or exercise. but was thinking maybe a cleanse reboot.

Sent from my iPod touch using LapBandTalk

Try the 5 day pouch test maybe, just Google it. I've heard a lot of good things about it helping get back on track.

Kymmie, I did a fruit cleanse... Not sure if the same as lemonade cleanse... You take Epsom salts/water, and a mix of grapefruit juice and olive oil all on a certain schedule. It really does help "clean" you out and get you into the mindset of eating healthier stuff. It's supposed to help your gallbladder too, but I'm not sure. It's a one-day thing pretty much. I would do it again.

If you have access to, and $$ for, a doctor-prescribed hcg diet, that works very well if you stick to it (which should be easier banded since the portions are so tiny). I asked my surgeon and he said there are no contradictions to the band and try it if I wanted to ... I'm thinking I might for the last 15 pounds. Maybe September. It's just I've been doing a lot of weight resistance, and walking is all that is recommended on hcg since the calorie intake is so low.

Like Nicki, I'm gonna take a nap... Was up all hours last night, yawn....

Nicki, you are doing great!

Kymmie, just get on MyFitnessPal and start logging! It will really help, open your eyes and help to get you motivated. Good luck.

Had a great week getting back to exercise! Back riding bicycle, went to the gym two days in a row as it has been raining here and was able to get back on the elyptical with no problems. Worked out for an hour each time incorporating some weights and got down three pounds this week! Back to 167, yippy!

Volunteered yesterday for the Animal Rescue I work with and actually picked up my first size 10 dress pants and a dress! That was exciting. So now I can say I am down from a size 26 to a 10/12. Definitely staying here, no going back!

Hope everyone has a great week! I have two more weeks working from home then back to reality.

Hi there!

Sue!! Size 10! I was that size as a senior in HS, LOL- and that was after starving myself over the summer, almost literally. Good for you!

Kymie- sorry for such a short answer the other day. I'm all for cleanses and such, but they're a short term fix- like Sue said, logging will really open your eyes.

LadyB- is the hcg diet the one with shots? Are you logging? That might help you too. Whatever works for those last stubborn lbs, for sure!

As for me, I had a run in with ice cream last night and came out victorious! Both kids wanted it for dessert, we had it in the freezer, so I took it out and I had 1 bite of it and that was it! I accounted for the calories, and moved on. Yay! Doing well, saw 226 lbs on the scale earlier, so hopefully that will stick this week, or better.

Everyone have a great day!

Nicki

Nicki and SueBee, you both are having awesome weeks, yay for the both of you!

SueBee, I can understand your thrill at being able to work out again. Right now I'm out of town (but still checking in!) and missing my Pilates class something awful.

Went to a buffet here at the hotel for lunch... What a waste of money that is! I haven't really been to a buffet since banded. I had thought I have been eating larger quantities somewhat lately, but my lunch today proved otherwise. I was so shocked at how little I need to eat. Never really thought about it too much, but I have eaten at this buffet pre-band, and I've got to tell you I'm horrified at how much I used to be able to put away!! Today I had about 2 ounces of salmon, some wonderful mushroom Soup, a piece of broccoli, half an English sausage, a taste of some augratin potatoes, a tiny serving of ceviche, and a little piece of bread. I also had some creme brûlée for dessert. So I got to try all the things I wanted and I was done! Probably not the best choices, but not an ever day thing either.

Tonight I have to go dinner with some work folks. Not very hungry at all, we'll see how this goes. It's a steak and seafood place, so I'm thinking crab and veggies.

I'm horrible at logging, to answer you Nicki, and I'm certainly not going to do that until this trip is over! That's why I'm thinking hcg (yes with shots) might be the ticket for me. Lol. But then again, I may just start logging and continuing the Pilates which I love. I don't lose pounds with it but I have dropped sizes definitely.

Well, off to get ready for a dinner I'm not hungry for... Did I really say that? Lol. Will enjoy the company and move the food around my plate. At least I'm getting a lot of walking in.

Oh and btw, I bought a bikini!!!!! Ok, so I'll probably only wear it in our home pool, but it doesn't look awful, and if I can lose that 15 I've been talking about, I might actually wear it in public next year!

Sorry this is so long, I just got kind of talkative all of a sudden. Must be missing home and you guys are like family! :-)

Lady bandits, awesome! I haven't wore a bikini since I was 14 and at that time I was a size 14-16! Good on you.

Nicki, great job with the ice cream! So proud of you.

I had a busy day. Hit the gym this morning for 1/2 hour on the bike and elliptical, worked from home, PT in the afternoon for an hour, had dinner with the husband! Made chicken burgers on my George Forman and they were great! I liked them better then turkey burgers. Went to the golf course and practiced putting and chipping. My first time since hip replacement, then home with the dog to watch some TV.

Try it all again tomorrow! Going longer each day on the bike and elliptical! Tennis courts soon!

Hi everyone- LadyB- a bikini!! You go, girl! And I hear you on the buffets- I've gone to a couple, mostly chinese ones, the kids love chinese food, and you are so right, it's a total waste of $$. I too am astounded at how much I ate before. Now it's so much less!!! Logging is definitely a learned skill, LOL, but it's easy once you're in the habit. I LOVE pilates, I have dvd's, never been to a class. But you'll tone and like you say, lose inches, and really ultimately you'll lose weight. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint, and you're on the home stretch with only 15 lbs to go! Weight loss is bound to slow down, so don't freak out, you're doing everything right!

Sue- chicken burgers sound yummy! Do you just buy ground chicken? I need to try that. And I'm glad you're back to golf, etc, and soon will be killing it on the courts!

Was another on track day yesterday, with another bite of ice cream- soon it will be gone and I won't have to deal with it at all, LOL.

DD is still an issue, shes' supposed to move out by this Sunday and it doesnt' look like she's even started packing her total pigsty of a room. DH is harassing me, and I told him to just back the heck off, we gave her a deadline and I'll put her stuff out on the street if she doesnt' get it done. He's totally adding to the stress, as usual. I cant' wait for this week to be over and her to be out- she's left everything til the last minute and counted on friends she KNOWS she can't count on, so now it's all frantic. Shes' had 6 weeks to do this, so I'm past caring. She had a choice, but now she's upset I'm insisting she stick with her choice. Oh well, time to grow up and stop being so disrespectful. She hasn't made ANY efforts at all these past 6 weeks, so out she goes, her choice.

Lady B, never apologize for being chatty, just take a look at my posts!! LOL. And the best part of this is I"m not doing any emotional eating. yay me!

Nicki

Hi everyone- tomorrow is WID! Hope for a pound down or so. Did zumba yesterday and feel good, it's such a good fun sweaty workout! Got my hair cut today- well, got bangs cut today and will do the whole cut tomorrow. There's a salon next door to my work that I took a chance on. She did my bangs, and they look good, and we scheduled a cut for tomorrow to kind of blend in the sides. I'm excited, as she does free bang trims :)

Still logging, still on track, still trucking ahead!

Everyone, have a great day!

Nicki