Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Well I am back and moving right along. I have a hard time getting logged in to this sight. So here is my new life journey on May 6th I went to hospital with major right shoulder pain yes from 1 to 10 an easy 6000 plus. Well got worked over and found out my heart, liver, lungs are in excellent shape but then came the crazy news. I have full blown renal cancer of the left kidney. My kidney is 4 times the normal size. WTH well May 29th I had it removed and all is good thank goodness they got it all. Crazy I never have had any signs of it or anything. The only way it was found is that the MRI gal went down a bit lower then normal. What a great fluke. So going to have a bit of a unfill monday until all healed and all will be great. Oh and the 6000 plus pain is from a 3 inch bone spur in my spinal cord so as soon as I get the all go sign will get that taken care of. My last words in the surgery room was " DO NOT MESS UP MY BAND" I am way below my goal so things are great. In Jan 2012 275 as of today 153. Thanks for all the support this group dishes out and even the butt chewing at times. Sometimes I need it.

Otaknam, how very scary! So glad they got it all, and glad to see you back on here too. Congrats on your goal.

I found an ice cream recipe for Nicki (where are you?) and for all of us. No ice cream maker necessary. It calls for raw eggs, but if you prefer you can find pasteurized eggs at some stores. I made it and it's good.

Ice Cream

In metal or glass bowl, Beat 4-5 egg whites until foamy, add 1/4 cup sugar (or Truvia or Splenda equivalent), and generous vanilla Extract, beat until soft peaks form. Fold in 1/2 cup sour cream. Place in freezer, stir every 30 minutes until frozen. Eat.

After adding the sour cream, you can add any stir-ins, like instant coffee, sugar-free chocolate, fruit, etc. I was surprised how good it is (makes quite a lot, too). And it has Protein, and if you go sugar-free, very few carbs.

Two weeks post op from hip replacement. Feeling pretty good, but still on pain meds so who really knows! First visit back to the surgeon this Wednesday. I am anxious to hear what he has to say. I am so ready to get back to exercising, but know my body isn't. Tired of doing these little stretching exercises and would like a real work out. Losing lots of muscle I believe cuz I am down another 8 pounds. I am eating three times a day and munching all day. I am sure it will catch up tp me soon with no real exercise!

Happy 4th of July my January Band Buddies!

Haven't heard from anyone for a while. Hope you are all having so much fun that you don't have time to hang out online.

Have a great holiday!

SueBee! Had a great fourth and a great weekend. Yes, too much fun to post, lol! I'm still here and rockin along... Glad you are too! Xx

***peeks back in*** Hi everyone! A long time no see, completely my fault! I'm still not doing well, not eating right- actually eating mostly ice cream. It's seriously like an addiction, like I can imagine what it is to want a glass of wine at the end of the day or you truly don't unwind- that's how I feel with ice cream. Gotta work on that.

Lots going on with you guys! Otaknam!!!! I am so so so glad you're all right! What a blessing they got all the cancer. You're doing great with the weight loss! That is so awesome! LOL, don't mess up my band, LOL.

Sue- glad your surgery went well- I had to have pt and I swear they are just a leetle bit sadistic, ya know? But glad it's getting better.

Ladybandido! I have missed everyone too, I just havent' wanted to post when I'm just not doing that great. But oh well, it's a journey.

Chrissy- you are doing really well, just keep on going!

I haven't stepped on a scale in a looong time, I need to get back on track but don't have my mojo. I know it will come back, it's definitely a cycle for me, so I just have to plod along. I did go to zumba yesterday, which was good, I'm feeling it today for sure! I need to get back to logging in MFP, and just find a stinking replacement for ice cream that doesnt' completely derail me! Sigh.

So I'm back and I won't be a stranger anymore, I need support and you guys understand.

Nicki

Welcome back! Stay with us, you will get there. I agree that it is a cycle. I eat ice cream a couple times a week now, but have stuck to 1/2 cup and no sugar added. Still 120 calories, but I am living with it. My weight will probably jump up when I can start exercising again. I figure six weeks of sitting on my ass I have lost muscle. I'll deal with it next month! Just bored to death! Especially this week because my husband had to go home to help his mom and I am home alone with the dog (on my walker)! He (the dog) is doing really well with me being crippled!

I won't mention dealing with the furlough and loss of pay is driving me crazy too.

Did I mention I am still fixing the house after a lightning strike three weeks ago!

It can only get better!

Nicki! Welcome back, girl!

Did you see my ice cream replacement recipe? It's about 2 posts up from here... Try it, it's good. And very low carb.

So glad to see you back. Keep with it.

SueBee, wow you've got a plateful. You are definitely my inspiration, so happy you keep posting.

Hi everyone! I've missed you all. SueBee and Otaknam...wow! I'm glad you both are doing okay. I've evidently missed a lot. Saying prayers for you both for quick recoveries. The fam and I went on vacation this past week. It felt weird getting into a bathing suit and not feeling self-conscious about it. :) I have been struggling though. I think I've caught JDI's ice cream bug. LOL. I may try the recipe above though. It sounds easy and good. I know my biggest issue is not exercising enough. I've GOT to make that a necessity again. I've gained back too many pounds. I'm still in a size 14, but six months ago, I was down to a 10/12 in a lot of things. I will NOT go above a 14 again. I know I must start logging my food again as well. Vacation is over now, so its time to buckle back down and get these pounds off again. I'm so glad you all are still here. You guys are such an inspiration to me, and together...we can keep going! Sending you all love and prayers for God's richest blessings!

Welcome back Chrissy! Hope you had a great vacation. I know you can get back on track. Remember, it doesn't take a lot of exercise to get you back started, just do a little every day to get you going again!

Hello Everyone! Long time no update :D Just dropping in to see how everyone is doing and say hello. I have LOTS of reading to catch up on. I've been doing well. I haven't had an adjustment in several months because I think I'm in a good place. My struggle now is I exercise so much (running) I don't think I'm eating enough so I've leveled off at 185 and can't seem to get it any lower than that. Eat to Lose isn't in my favor right now :unsure: I've dropped to size12-14 pants which my ultimate goal was to be a solid size 12! and not really a number weight. So I'm really close. I posted a new profile pic and a picture of my 1st 10k Race. I start training for my 1st half marathon in October. It does mentally bother me to not see the scale is not moving even tho I KNOW I'm burning lots of calories but I can't wrap my head around eating more food or high calorie food to burn for energy while running. It's really a head trip. After a 1.6 yrs post surgery I STILL eat to darn fast and get stuck, some things are so hard to change!

I know there are lots of ups and downs going on with everyone and I promise I'll take time to read and catch up. Miss you all and all the support and chat. I'm still here! and i'll try to pop in more often and keep in touch.

Hi everyone! I have to get back to logging all my food on MFP. That makes me successful. I'm afraid to step on the scale, but am going to have to for accountability. Grrrrr.

Ladybandido- I did see your recipe and will try it! I appreciate that!!

Sue- yes, lots happening with you! I am glad you're getting better, and hopefully the problem with your hip is now resolved!

NJ2NC! That is awesome! I wish I were a runner.

Chrissy, Hi!!! Ice cream is the worst, as it is such a slider food! And I am pretty tight, so it's easy to eat ice cream and harder (read- have to pay more attention eating so I don't get stuck) to eat other foods.

I just need to get my mojo back and justdoit, right????

Nicki

Nicki

Wow!! So excited to see the posts from all of you!! Just had to say that, and now I'm going back to read them! Missed all of you!

Got off my walker and to a cane today. Week six post op from my hip replacement. Can't wait to see what the next week brings!