Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Just saying, prep for a colonoscopy being banded sucks! Made it through the prep last night, took me 4 hours to drink the 64 ounces! Test went well today. Clean (pun intended!) bill of health!

Chrissy, I take sublingual B12 regularly, you can find it about anywhere. I can only imagine how a 4am workout would really get your day off to an energetic start. Props to you.

SueBee, glad you got through the scope-prep!

I've finally gotten beyond thinking about what I'm going to do ... And doing it.

I joined Sparkpeople.com... A free online group that lets you set goals, tracks, and provides food choices.

I also, and I would like a drumroll here please.... Joined an exercise class!!!!

Yay, yay, yay, for me. After a lot of research (haha, "thinking about it"), I joined a Pilates class. It is not as easy as it looks by far, and you can really feel it. I was inspired by a blog balled Phat Pilates, where the gal transformed herself.

Wishing you all a wonderful and motivated weekend. NJ, JDI, Nicole, Horsegirl, everyone.... Love and hugs to you.

I, however, just froze my gym account for a couple of months because there's no sense paying for something I'm not using! Gotta get out and walk more and try to do some things at home...and step away from the chocolate!!! ugh!

Hey...where is everyone?

I'm still here Chrissylu. I've been posting mostly on current threads since not much has been active here... I sure hope everyone is OK.... It's kind of weird how quiet this thread has become.... Anyone???

NJ, Horsegirl, JDI, RKI, Mags, Nicole?.. Is everyone OK? I feel like I've lost touch with dear friends!

I've been good, busy like most. Been working out a lot and I've lost mega-inches. Weight is stubbornly the same, but my clothes are getting bigger weekly, and my body is firming up, so I'm happy with that. My next fill appt is mid June. Not sure if I want another one, since I'm feeling pretty good.

Please jot a post everyone, even if its just for support of any kind.

I am surprised how quiet our group has been! I have been really busy getting ready for surgery next week. Trying to get everything done around the house and work as I will be tied up at home for 6-8 weeks. Having hip replacement Thursday. Can't wait to get it over with and start using my new body more! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hello all! Sorry I have not posted in ages. Between my problems at work and trying to sell my house so I can finally have the divorce I have wanted for 3 years has been very taxing on me. So I cut back on things and have focused on things that have to be done. So where am I now with everything? Work- only 2 weeks left and this years nightmare will be over, I did get a full time summer job but move up from an assistant to a supervisor! More pay less injuries! Home- house is finally on the market. It has been hard b/c my family is a group of slobs and no one helps to clean daily for showings so it is stressful, but the end results will make it worth it! My weight- I have not gained any and I have not lost any so for me that is a victory considering my life is in the toilet! I am still at 185. I workout 3-4 days a week still in my semi private circuit class. I have not been logging my food but still eat well in the morning and during the day. It is my evenings and weekends that I mess up on. When I am home I am stressed and I eat. I am still in counseling twice a month and that has helped. So basically until the house sells I am in limbo. We think it should sell by the end of summer so there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Ladybandito thanks for giving me a nudge!!

Hello all! Sorry I have not posted in ages. Between my problems at work and trying to sell my house so I can finally have the divorce I have wanted for 3 years has been very taxing on me. So I cut back on things and have focused on things that have to be done. So where am I now with everything? Work- only 2 weeks left and this years nightmare will be over' date=' I did get a full time summer job but move up from an assistant to a supervisor! More pay less injuries! Home- house is finally on the market. It has been hard b/c my family is a group of slobs and no one helps to clean daily for showings so it is stressful, but the end results will make it worth it! My weight- I have not gained any and I have not lost any so for me that is a victory considering my life is in the toilet! I am still at 185. I workout 3-4 days a week still in my semi private circuit class. I have not been logging my food but still eat well in the morning and during the day. It is my evenings and weekends that I mess up on. When I am home I am stressed and I eat. I am still in counseling twice a month and that has helped. So basically until the house sells I am in limbo. We think it should sell by the end of summer so there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Ladybandito thanks for giving me a nudge!![/quote']

Hope things go quickly for you. Sorry you are having such a stressful time. Good luck on your new job! Keep up the exercise it will help with the stress!

We are here for you!

Nicole, I posted a long reply a couple of days ago but it obviously didn't take. So glad you gave an update, and like SueBee said, we are here for you. Divorce is a very stressful time no matter how ready you think you are to be apart; it's a major change. I hope your home sells quickly (the market is up in my area, maybe yours as well?) and you can get on with all your new changes. In my eyes, your maintenance with he band is awesome!!! Hugs and strength to you.

SueBee, speedy recovery with your surgery. Would love to see some photos when you're ready to show off!!

SueBee, how's it going?

SueBee' date=' how's it going?[/quote']

I am just hanging out at home with my pain meds! I have PT lady coming to the house again today! I have the hardest time keeping my legs straight. I have walked crooked for so long I have to pay close attention to how I sit and lay down. Having all the excess skin makes it even harder! I am always pulling my skin around to see if my legs are actually in the right position!

They didn't take any Fluid out for my surgery, I only have had one fill, but I notice I am tighter! I hope it goes back to normal eventually. I am taking tons of pills and I have NO appetite. I was originally worried about gaining weight these next couple months as I learn to walk again, but not so much anymore since I don't feel like eating anything!

Also nervous because I am supposed to be finished with the muscle relaxers tomorrow. Still have pain meds though. I am feeling pain in places I never did before the surgery. It makes me feel funny when I actually think of them cutting my leg off to put the new hip in! Just really weird!

Thanks for asking! I am going to start working from home part time next week.

Wow sue you have been through so much and r still a trooper! Hang in there.

Well my house sold! We signed the final addendum yesterday! We will be out on 7/19. My new apartment will not be ready until 8/16 so I will rent a room from a good friend my gym buddy!!! All of the kids know now as of last night. It has been an awkward morning but I think the all knew it was coming but it still hurts. I hope to start loosing again starting next week. I'll be at my new job and back on a schedule and that always helps.

Ladybandito. I appreciate the kid words. It is tough but I have to think about the light at the end of the tunnel or I'll loose my mind!!

Thank you for all of the love & support!!

Hi guys, I posted a long reply to SueBee last week, but I notice it didn't post. ???

Anyway, glad surgery went well and Nicole, great that the house sold quickly!

I guess that we're all off to new starts in one way or another. For me, it's finally being in the green zone since surgery! Had a .2 fill a couple weeks ago and boy, did it change things up! Still can eat anything, but not so much, and I'm not hungry for a much longer time!!! Dropped 3 pounds, too.

Glad things are moving forward for you Nicole!

All, thanks for your support. Doing physical therapy everyday right now. See the surgeon next Wednesday to see what I do next. That will be three weeks of in home therapy so I will be hoping to get to real therapy and doing more. Can't wait! Still on pain meds. Made my first venture out to dinner last night. It went fine although I got tired of sitting!

Hi all,

I was banded jan 22 and I've had one fill of .5 so I'm at 4.5 CC and I have lost 45 lbs but I'm starting to see a slow down so it's time to get moving

Any tips to get me motivated

Tia