Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Today was a rough day! I put together a bake sale at work today to raise some money because I send troops care packages every three months and it helps me pay for the postage. The rough part was I had to man the table for three hours! I managed to only put down one hard boiled egg, two munchkins (my downfall) and a strawberry. Then my boss' wife brings in a ton of lasagna and Cookies and I had to o it all over again at lunch! I had a cup of lasagna for lunch. Then we eat out with a group every Thursday night. Tonight's special was lasagna, go figure. I had some chicken and a small garden salad. No more junk for me today!

I counted everything and still at 800 calories, so even though I hate what I ate, I will survive.

On the bike now!

I got to the gym yesterday and...for the first time since summer...i went to zumba! I made it through the whole class AND no knee pain this time! Bonus...the instructor didn't recognize me at first. I forgot to weigh in while I was there...but I'm good with the NSVs. :) went thru some old food diaries. When I was losing I was able to go on less than 1000 calories a day. Now it seems like I can't stay below 1300...and I snack more. I snack on good Protein stuff bit I still snack. I wasn't going that months ago. My Protein Shakes dont hold over as long either. Might ask for a small fill on Tuesday.

Try to get rid of the Protein Shakes. I don't drink them at all anymore. Really makes a difference. Better then getting a fill.

Still in the emotional dumps. Can't get in to see my counselor until the 12th!! Work was very stressful again this week but it looks better for next week. Just got to get through until spring break! I haven't weighed myself kinda afraid to since my pants feel a little tighter. I know i need a reality check & to get back on trace but just can't seem to be motivated enough.

Thank you for all of your kind words! I feel like something is missing in my life & food is not feeling the void like it used to. I totally need a new replacement behavior just haven't found it yet. Working out is still not my thing. I do it because I have to not because I love it. I don't feel energized or good afterwards I feel exhausted and sore. I can't wait to get to my goal weight just so I don't have to workout as often. I do wish I was the type of person who loved it & couldn't get enough of it but oh well

I know this is a pathetic post but at least I am working at staying connected

Oh my gosh Nicki, I haven't logged on in quite a while, just saw the first post about DH, hoping everything is good. You're both in my thoughts and prayers. <love>

Now I will go back and catch up on everyone else..

Chissylu, Otaknam, Ready, Kimmee ... So glad we're all continuing this together.

SueBee, you are a great addition to our group.

Breen, welcome to you!

Nicole, I hope you are feeling better ... Have you tried a tanning bed for one or two sessions? I too am in the doldrums this month .. Physically sick with a cold on top of it all .. And I'm going to try my old trick of tanning bed light therapy this week. I know tanning beds are horrible, but a couple sessions can work wonders. I don't know if it's the heat or the light, but it usually boosts me up, and it's not food!

I used to tan when we lived in Tulsa. Maybe I will give it a try again. At least it will give me 15-30 min to myself before going home and dealing with the family.

Ok so today is the 1st day I logged my food in over 3 weeks. I went over by 600 cal but I logged it and owned it!! Tomorrow will be easier since ill be back at work & at the gym after work.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!!

HI everyone- weekend was kind of a bummer. Was going to a zumba party but DH gave me some grief Thursday night about it, so I didn't bring my clothes. Then he said, "go ahead and go," so I arranged with dd to bring the little kids and my clothes so I could go- and she totally forgot my clothes. So that was a bust. Didn't eat horribly- and no ice cream- but didn't log or really keep too much track. But today I will! I also didn't sleep well at all and woke up with a headache. Grrrr. Oh well. Oh, and DH was going to take the kids to the pool, but they had to come home because a baby pooped in the pool, LOL.

Good news on the DH front- the ultrasound came back fine, no issues at all with pancreas, liver, etc. So you'd think that was good news, right? What does DH say? "Nope, it's all in my bowels, I told you that." Sigh. Not only is the glass half empty, but it's cracked and somebody spit in it.

Nicole- the light therapy may just be the ticket. Nothing too long, though :)

Chrissy- yay for zumba!!! Good for you, and what a nice NSV to have the instructor not recognize you! And no knee pain, that is great. I too eat more calories and am hungrier sooner- but honestly, for me, some of it are the sliders I'm eating because real food can be too slow to eat or the risk of stuck is too great. So that's my challenge, to eat real food!

Ready- I hope the new fill is good- so your slip is fixed, yes? That's good news!! Now you can be back on track, good for you!

Ladybandido- thanks for the prayers! Heaven knows we need them, LOL. February is a tough month, my BIL has SAD, it can hit him hard. Have you every heard of a lightbox? It gives full spectrum light and can really help. And it's not easy being sick on top of it all, of course!!

Sue- sounds to me like you did well, at least under calories, so good for you! And manning a bake sale table, well, that just sounds hard!! WHen things like that tempt me I remind myself that they won't taste as good as when I make them, so why waste the calories on something yucky...LOL...

Well, off to put out fires at work, grrr. Everyone have a great day!

Nicki

Hello All, I'm still here. I've been keeping up with most posts through my phone but for some strange reason I can't reply I just haven't had the time to sit and figure out the problem. However, I've read a lot of the ups, downs, prayers, food/dessert suggestions and victories. and everyone is always in my encouraging thoughts and prayers.

I've been just moving along at a slow pace. I went down to 185 but back to 187 since my food issue kind of resolved itself. I'm still not logging I've just never been a good logger! but I did/am having a struggle right now and I know the best place to get advice/suggestions is right here!!

Last week, I ate something stupid like 2 LARGE slices pizza and of course got stuck and most of it came back up. OK keep in mind I haven't had a fill since mid Jan and it was TINY. but after the pizza episode..for about 3-5 days NOTHING would hardly stay down I even had trouble with Water and for the 1st time ever I had nighttime reflux and nausea feelings. OK, so I decided to do liquids to give my band a chance to calm down before I call the doc. So now 8 days later I can eat again i have no more reflux but everything I eat feels like it want to come back up (but it dont) and my appetite is almost completely gone. I have to actually remember to eat. Now we all know NOT eating can be just as bad as overeating. I was really afraid something happened with the band because I've never had 5 days of nothing staying down (especially since I isn't directly behind a recent fill). like I said food goes in and stays now but I can't even eat an entire yogurt or a full meal after all this crap happened and I can go all day and think OH NO I didn't eat. Should I be worried or just be more conscious and make sure I get in enough protein/liquids/veggies and keep it moving. back in Jan my doc thought this tiny fill will put me in the green zone. Could it be that it was just delayed and the stuck episode last week just triggered something because I was NOT tight after that Jan fill I began eating food for Breakfast lol I mean seriously I thought he secretly took some OUT the band I felt wide open. But now food for breakfast is not even an option anymore..proteins shake is all that will work and that still feel thick and make me gurgle a tiny bit.. but it stays down! what is going on??

Sorry for the long post.

My vote is too tight. You should never have to revert to Protein Shakes instead of food.< /p>

How long did you go to liquids to help the swelling after the stuck episode? If it was at least a couple days then I would check with your doctor to make sure.

Hope it gets better.

Nicole, a bathtub is good too if you can break away from everyone! Hope you feel better soon! Find some sunshine for a break at work if you can too.

I"m not sure I agree you're too tight. I am VERY tight in the AM- in fact, I almost can PB Water if I"m not slow drinking it. But I loosen up a bit during the day and regular food goes down fine if I"m slow and follow the rules. It honestly sounds good to me, isn't some of the point to not feel hunger? I WISH I didn't feel hunger!!! LOL. Just watch the hydration and Protein levels, and take your vitamins! Just my $.02. And I love how you think your posts are long after reading my novels :)

Nicole- I second Sue on the bath! A good soaking and painting your toes! A good read in the bath! Writing in a journal. Something.

Doing ok. A little down, the weather here is sucky, right NJ? It's totally raining and gray here. And I spilled my Protein Shake on myself getting into the car, so had to go change clothes. And we got our car back finally from getting a new engine and transmission put in- and the check engine light went on!! LOL, really??? So DH has to figure that out and call the guy. And our garbage can went missing last night. We have to call the city to find out what our number is so we can see if (what probably happened) our neighbors took in the wrong one. So just a lot of little dumb annoying stuff. Sigh. I did bring my exercise clothes but not sure I want to go, it's supposed to rain harder and harder as the day goes on. Well, at least it's not like the snow the midwest is getting!!

Everyone have a great day!

Nicki

Edited by JustDoIt130

JDI, you are absolutely right..the weather is suckish, slightly icy and cold!! Sorry the start of your day is just as sucky as the weather! however, I hope it all level out and you have a good day. I have my exercise clothes too but the more I look out the window the more I'm thinking Nahhhh lol

I've always been tight in the morning but then I'll be loose in the morning and tight in the afternoon.. the band has a mind of its own sometimes. I'm loving that I'm rarely hungry these days and I'm FORCED to follow the rules or the food comes right back up! so extra tiny bites it is, I find it important to not wait till I'm VERY hungry...very hard to slow down and take tiny bites at that point.

SueBee, I thought toooo tight too BUT almost 3 weeks after a tiny fill. Why the delay? I thought I just seriously irritated the band and needed it to heal. It all started with the stuck episode on a Fri night, Sat-Mon/Tues, had a hard time keeping everything down but KEPT on trying to eat regular. Tues night and Wed into Thurs I started with the Soups & Protein Shakes felt better. Friday and this past weekend things stay down (With slow and tiny bites) but I can feel every thing going down but I never feel hungry anymore.. I haven't had reflux since last Sunday but I do kinda have a lot of light burps after I do eat or drink.

I tried a thinned out high Fiber oatmeal this morning instead of a Protein Shake, just 1 package, I ate about 1/2 and I was full. It did stay down yay!. But I feel like the shake would still be better, but I guess its nice to know I can get thin foods down in the morning if I want.

I'm going to attempt AGAIN to use my fitness pal.. my name is dearzeta330 I saw a few post where people listed their user names, I'll try to find them and follow maybe friends will help me stay on track.

ok, how do you add a friend by "username" I see the following options: Facebook Friends, Phone contacts or by Email Address??

I went back and searched I found the following MFP usernames. I'm going to give this my best shot at logging with friends this time (if I can figure out how to add you all) lol. If I missed anyone please feel free to add me.

My username is: dearzeta330

Chrissyluther

Rkimom

justdoit130

Mish1908

Kymie9899

Nevermind..found it. I see where I can add usernames through MFP. lol (Reading is fundamental I guess) :D

LOL, I saw your invite earlier and was like, who's that? Then read here and just accepted! Today is not my day to log, though.....