Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

oh ready, I'm so sorry! Just keep track of your calories, exercise, and watch what you eat. Better to be unfilled and heal up nicely- you'll get filled again!!!

Horsegirl! Hi there! Training with an Olympic level rider! That is so cool! I hope to get to the 180's, LOL

Chrissy, where you at, girl???

Got no sleep last night, stressed but hanging in. Pretty tight, and my arm is sore from my tetnus shot on Monday! Not good with the exercise this week, but we'll see how the night goes..

Nicki

Hello All, Sorry, it's been awhile but I've been trying to read and keep up as posts come through. I hit 1yr on 1/17 I saw my nutritionist on 1/22. She said from 'our' first appointment I'm down 58 pounds. Wow, what a thrill. I went in for a fill on Friday 1/25 and oddly enough my appetite is off the charts high.. then I realized duhh stop eating and drink Water between meals.. boom! down to 188 I thought the scale was broke! lol I'm still running upto about 12-14 miles per week (Weather permitting) jogging all the way!

So, yes Ladybandito, every pound means a whole lot...

Congratulation to all the newly banded, Olympic Training, Getting off Meds and all the other NSV's ladies..the band work for us because we work for the band.

My doctor was telling how people still just think the band is a magic solution and try to live life as they did before being banded. My co-workers all call me "Skinny-Minnie" now but 1 lady said (who knows about my band) "I see you running and in your gym clothes everyday and eating healthy", you are doing well it's all you and a tiny bit 'the band'. That was a wonderful thing to say cause it proves I've changed my life and I made the band work for me! Good Job ladies, we aren't perfect and we slip often but we try and we succeed and we get up when we fall....Newbies, you may fall on your journey just remember to get back up and you'll do great!! the hardest part isn't falling it's getting back up.. this group of ladies was always here with encouragement, suggestions and advise that was a valuable part of my journey! so newbies, stick with this supportive group..you'll never regret it.

I am so miserable! I got stuck at dinner and barely at anything and work up hungry! So I got a Protein Bar, bad idea & probably at to fast now I'm hurting! Got all the gurgling sounds & burping but it isn't coming up just hurts. I need to follow advice when given! Like sue said go liquid after bing stuck! Ok I'm relaxing now and it is feeling better!

All I had to do was type & I could imaging all of your replies!!

Thanks for being there guys!!

Awe now maybe I can get some sleep!

I hope you do get some sleep! I have heard that papaya enzymes can help with a stuck episode- I've tried it and it didn't help me, but for some it really helps...worth a try, anyways!!!

Nick, I think committing to the no ice cream for Feb is a great goal. I did the same for the first six months. I stayed away from all my triggers. I was able to get over them and now I can handle the treat in very small amounts. I hope this works for you. Be strong, find other distractions and healthy substitutes. You can do it!

Happy Monday ladies! Hope everyone is dong well today.

Had an appointment today with my PA and she did not give me any fill. I have lost 6.5 lbs in four weeks! I lost all of my Christmas indulgences gain plus some.. Pretty amazing news for me since I was out of town all of last week for a company event where I had no control over the menu. Of course, it was my choice how much of anything I chose to eat...and I chose to make the best choices I could. I even managed to exercise every day but one. Using the fitbit forced me to look at how active/inactive I was and to adjust my free time accordingly.

The PA asked me what I have changed to explain my recent success and I has to think about it for a moment. I think journaling everything has been important. We talked for a few minutes about "owning" what I eat and not seeing food as "good" or "bad". I also think the exercise is helping, with both the weight loss and how I'm feeling day to day. I'm at the lowest weight in 23+ years!

I am NOT trying to tell anyone what to do, just sharing what is working for me right now.

Best of luck to all of you!!!

Hi everyone!!! I can't believe its been soooooo long since I've posted. oh my...where does the time go?? I haven't been able to post at work for some reason. However, we've had some changes recently to our computers and I guess it fixed whatever wasn't working. LOL. By the time I get home, I usually don't have time to get on the computer. So...here we go...update in a nutshell. Congrats to the newbies! We are here for ya!

For the "old-timers" like me (LOL)...I am so proud of all you !! It seems that we've all had some issues the past month or two...but we're owning it and getting back on track, one step at a time. My bandiversary was January 25th. I had hit 112 pounds gone back in December...but the holidays got me and I had regained 7.5 pounds when I went for my 1-year check-up on Jan. 23rd. I was still down over 100 pounds though in one year's time. I've dropped 5 or 6 sizes, depending on the brand/style of clothing. I feel great...though I abosolutely HAVE to get back to the gym. I've gotten out of the habit of logging my food, and I've let myself cheat more often than I should have. I had been going back and forth with the same .2 cc's on a fill. Doc had taken it out for the 2nd or 3rd time back in December (that didn't help me with the holiday food!). So when I went on the 23rd, I had him only put .1cc back in. Its amazing to me how that tiny little bit of Fluid can change things so much. I can eat comfortably but definitely have restriction. I can finally feel my food "hit the band" before it goes through. So, I think I'm back on track. Honestly, if I can get that 7 lbs back off and get toned up through exercise...i don't care if I lose any more or not. Now that I can type messages with my work computer again...I'll try to be more active again. I've missed you all. I can't believe all that has happened. A special shout out to the Nicoles! I'm just gonna say "You go girls!". And Meredith...hang in there...its all one day at a time my friend! God bless!

Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, was at the dental school with DH - another tooth pulled!! And then registered DS for kindergarten, ran errands- not a restful day off, that's for sure! While waiting for DH, DS and I went over to the hospital cafeteria to get lunch. I got a baked potato and some chicken nuggets- and got stuck. Had to kind of hurl into the tin foil the potato came in. Oh well.

Exercise has NOT been on track. I've lost my mojo. I know it will come back- slowly, slowly the stresses are going, slowly slowly I'm getting back to normal...

NJ2NC- I think your running is great! I would love to get into the jogging thing.

Sue- I need to really find something that works other than ice cream! Which, obviously, doesn't work.

Rikimom- I know writing everything down is key for me. I don't want to log all that ice cream! And exercise, for sure. It also really helps with my moods, too.

Chrissy! Glad the tech problem was solved! Missed you! You've done so well. My short term goal is to be below 200- by when, I'm not sure.....have to get my head in the game.

Well, have to go catch up on everything I missed being out yesterday!!

Nicki

Nick, I have a dessert idea for you. Take a container of cottage cheese, add a package of SF Jello and SF fruit (drained). Mix it all together and put it in the fridge for a couple hours. It will thicken. Eat it when you need some dessert! Only a half cup at a time!

so i cant even keep Water down tonight yet gained two lbs since this morning. im gonna call dr tomorrow to get some taken out of my band. its getting worse since fill a week ago. hope the bAnd is ok and not slipped . also hope he can see me tomorrow since he only does fills mondays.

Sent from my iPod touch using LapBandTalk

Kymie, hope you get it fixed soon. You certainly don't want to get dehydrated too. Best to you!

Kymie, yes, you definitely don't want to get dehydrated... sorry this is happening for you.

SueBee ... LOVE your dessert idea that you posted for Nicki.... I'm gonna give it a try myself! Protein and sweet and creamy, if I had cottage cheese in the fridge, I would make it right now!!

Shout out to everyone! xxx

Hi there- Sue, thanks for the idea- but I truly hate cottage cheese. Do you think it'd work with fat free ricotta or something like that?

Kymie- def get it taken care of! He'd better be on hand to do un-fills whenever you need them! Let us know how it goes.

Ladybandido- how are you doing?

So I have to find out if my surgeon's office takes my new insurance. I truly hope so. A girl in my office just had lapband surgery- I truly don't know how she's going to do, just yesterday (I'd say she's about 2-3 weeks out from surgery) she told me how she'd been craving my poppyseed bread I made at Christmas, how she could just eat and eat it. And 2 days ago she went and ate Thai food- and how she "ate too much, but it was so good." I know she's not at restriction of course, but I worry, she is one that really kind of obsesses over food- she's the one who would get mad if someone refused to eat a piece of birthday cake...oh well. No one knows I'm banded so I cant' really give advice.

I brought my workout clothes today, I will get to the Y.

How is everyone doing? Post post post...

Nicki

Nicki, I am not a big cottage cheese fan either. Get the small curd. When you mix this other stuff in it you don't even know it is cottage cheese! More like thick pudding or custard.

Okay, girls, I'm off the ice cream, so call me on it, check in on me, hold me to it!!! Back in the saddle again!

I did zumba and a muscle conditioning class on Saturday at the Y- I am still sore!

Sue- I'll try it! I also have pudding and kettle corn that was what I ate before

I need to just go back to what I was doing when I first started- hello- it worked!!

Nicki