Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

lost 9 lbs total last week!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

I FEEL WE WILL NEVER LEARN SOMETIMES LOL JK WHY ARE WE STILL GETTING STUCK ?? I SWEAR OUR BANDS HAVE A MIND ALL THERE OWN AND WHY IF I FORCE MYSELF TO EAT food IN THE MORIN IAM EATING MORE THROUGH OUT THE DAY ?? IF I JUST DRINK A Protein Shake IN THE MORIN I EAT LESS THROUGH OUT THE DAY IDK SMH... BUT IF I TRY TO EAT SOMETHING GOOD AND DID NOT EAT FOOD IN THE A.M I GRT STUCK !!! WELL HAD MY ONE YEAR DR VISIT 88 LBS GONE GOT A SLIGHT FILL HAVE NOT HAD ONE IN ABOUT 6 MTS SO I HAVE 6.5 IN MY BAND ALL MY NUMBERS HAVE IMPROVED MY FLEXIABILTY IS GREAT UPPERV AND LOWR BODY STRENGTH HAS ALSO GOT WAY BETTER,IF I KNEW I WOULD BE WORKING OUT I WOULD HAVE NOT WORE MY HEELS LOL BUT IT WENT WELL GLAD WE ARE ALL DOING SO GOOD JANUARY 31ST 2012 MY LIFE CHANGED FOR THE BETTER HOPE TO NEVER SO BACKWARD.......

Ok so 1st day on reg food after my fill and I think i am in the "green zone" or "sweet spot!" How do I know? I got stuck! Finally. It has happened twice today. It hurt like hell but the food finally went down and did not come back up. So for dinner I chewed and chews and chewed...you get the idea. And I had no problems. Also I haven't been hungry!

Ok last thing. So remember when Eddie Bauer was having a huge clearance sale and I bought a ton of Chinos in size 12 and could even close the zipper. I declared them my goal pants. Well after 6 months I tried them on and they fit!! I can't wait to wear them tomorrow!! I am getting so close to my weight goal!

Oh but I did slip last night and I totally own it. I was cleaning out the fridge & found Ben & Jerry's I asked the fam whose it was and my daughter said she didn't want it. So instead of throwing it out I finished it off. I was so mad at myself and drank a Ron of Water hoping to flush it out of my system!! And to be honest it tasted old and totally not worth it!!! Ugh! Well live and learn. If I didn't buy it I shouldn't eat it!!

Love you guys!!!

Hey ladies, long time no see. I left LBT in November after a personal attack made by an individual regarding a post I made and have tried to avoid ever since. I miss the support though and have stopped in a few times to check up on all of you January women. I'm not posting for the most part but wanted to say hello and let you know that I haven't dropped off the face of the planet.

Nicole-just a comment about your feeling of being in the green zone. If you have a stuck incident, you should go back to liquids for at least the day of the event. You get swelling when you get stuck and need to give it time to come back down. That's probably why you got stuck again the same day. Looks like you are making great progress!

Ready for my journey-you are right about never learning. I've been banded more than two years and I still feel the need to test my band occasionally. You would think that we would all have this figured out, but I still need reminders about how the darn thing works!

kymie-awesome job! What did you do to lose 9 lbs in one week???

nicki-sorry to hear about your stuck incident while car shopping. Like I told Nicole, if you get stuck, don't try to eat solids again right away. I was yelled at by my dr. when I got stuck from deli ham and then tried to eat later that day. Ended up having to go in and have a slight unfill!

nj2-glad you figured out how your band works. It's such a learning curve. I'm still learning, every day, something new to eat or a new trick for better eating.

Like I said earlier, I appreciated how you all welcomed me into your Jan. 2012 world and wanted to explain why I disappeared. I still need support but had decided that until I could be on LBT and feel peaceful, I couldn't come back. I have learned the power of blocking posts so I can avoid the drama.

Hi everyone!!

Rkimom, you can always just stay in our thread, we're nice,LOL. Good advice about the liquids after being stuck- I did eat later that day but did have to take it really easy....I hadn't been stuck in awhile!

Nicole- yes, Ben and Jerry- my nemesis! Good for you for owning it- and totally awesome about your pants!! I'm so happy for you!! What an accomplishment.

Kymie- great! That's awesome, and I second rkimom- what did you do?!? I've been doing the carb cycling- or trying to, the weekend killed me!

I did okay yesterday- it was a low carb day, and luckily we went out to eat to Dickey's bbq- so I could eat lots of meat! I avoided the free ice cream, even though I love it, LOL. I don't know what I'll see on the scale tomorrow, but even if it's nothing I still lost 5 lbs the week before, so it all evens out. I worked out yesterday, today I have a bunch of errands to do so I'll get something done tonight.

I tried almond milk, it is really good!!!!!

Everyone, have a great day!

Nicki

rkimom, my calories were under 1000 during the week but sat about 1200 and sunday 1500. drank 8-16 svgs of Water every day. logged on my fitness pal daily. and did insanity videos to the best of my ability. i chg the movement to work out the same muscle often when i cant do what they are. i also take more breaks when i get just before the dizziness. we welcome you here, feel free to share with positive encouraging feedback only from us, thats what we are all here for!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hello Everyone, I went to ATL for a race. I had a blast with my running group friends. I jogged and several times went into a full out run..the entire 3.11 miles!! yay. Wasn't trying to win, wasn't try to keep up with the Jones's lol just wanted to run the entire thing and I did.

JDI130 - thanks, I'm very happy I figured out how my band works. I will check out that book today or tomorrow on carb cycling..

Nicole- Nope, still not logging. I'm terrible at that. I do use MFP when I do log. That is a great little app. I never go over my calories so maybe my subconscious just allow me to forget hahaha

Kymie - wow 9lbs I haven't had a lost like that in MONTHS! way to go YAY!!

RKIMOM - Thanks, glad to hear from you! you gave great advice I too will do the liquid only after I get stuck, it doesn't happen often anymore but when it does..boy oh boy.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. My Monday weigh-in was the same ol 192..I was kind of bummed because last week I was down 2 but then I remembered OHHH it's TTOTM thats why its back up a few pounds lol - hey I'm going with that reason!!! lol

Welcome back Nicki! Glad you are back.

Hi there! Sue, I wasn't gone, I think you mean rkimom, LOL. Y'all won't get rid of me that easily! Are you back from your cruise? How did it go?

NJ2NC- Congratulations on your run! RUN!!! I don't run unless I'm being chased.....LOL. You might try logging to see where you can tweak the calories, etc to jumpstart your weight loss again. I know I totally slide if I'm not keeping track. Also, if you do the carb cycling, logging is essential to keep track on low carb days- man, carbs are easy to underestimate!!!

I lost another lb this past week! Yay! I'm getting my bloodwork for my year bandiversary done on Friday- I totally chickened out for my 6 months check up, but I'm doing it for this! I'm interested to see what the numbers say. I then have an appointment with my surgeon on Monday, the 28th. I tried to make it with the PA, I really like her, but she's apparently left, bummer. I do like the surgeon, though. We'll see what he has to day about my self sabotaging stall out, though. Oh well, back on track now! I can't wait to get out of the 210's and move through the last decade of the 200's into Onederland!!

Workout at the Y planned for today! Everyone, have a great day!

Nicki

Welcome back rkimom!! Thank you for the advice. I guess I better pack a Protein Shake daily just incase because it happened again today at lunch! It was totally my fault I tried to eat lunch in 5 minutes or less big mistake!

NC2NJ congrats on the race! I have always hated running but now that there is less bouncing around it is easier & I can do 1-2 miles, but that is on a treadmill! It is too cold to run outside here! Portland, Or is in the 20's. crazy!

Kymie nice job on the weightloss you put a lot of work into your week. I am starting to think the low level of Water is holding me back. I have not been making the time to drink water since it got cold. I will follow your lead and increase my water in take. Does hot tea count??

Suebee. Give us all the details! How was the cruise? Which ship and how was their gym??

Nicki. I hope your doctor is supportive. You should be so proud of yourself. You got in a rough spot and have pulled yourself out of it. I bet he sees a lot of patients that just give up and gain it all back. But you are too strong of a person for that and you should feel good about that!! You also researched & found a new system for a new year! Way to shake things up!! I am so luck to have had the opportunity to have met you here! All of your post are positive and supporting. I know every time I open my app you will have left a post and most often I will be cracking up about something you said!! You are hilarious!

Well love you all!!

my doc says diet snapple counts as Water but cofee or hot tea doesnt.

I'm being banded today! I'm in the waiting room now and just waiting for them to call me into the OR. It feels surreal. Wish me luck! See you all on the other side!

Wishing you well, klr2012! It may be bumpy, but you'll feel better every day. Congratulations.

Had my surgery Monday. For the first time couldn't wake up from the anesthetic. I had to stay over night in the hospital. Doing better now. Have no appetite, but I'm trying to drink my shakes each day. Have had a couple of bouts of nausea. I see the surgeon Monday for my next appointment, but I am feeling a little better each day.

This day & time last year I was waking up in the recovery room.. Groggy and smiling! the start of the biggest life changing experience of my life..

I'm extremely grateful to be apart of the January Bandsters group with so much support, advice, suggestions.. just wonderful..