Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

well so happy all did well over thanksgiving,me too i cooked and did awesome went to the dr last week right on track 1lb a week so i was 193 when i saw her got on the scale this a,m, 190 did the happy dance.also iam tight in the a.m. as well Protein Shake is my Breakfast then either hard boiled eggs, or greek yogurt with some nuts or a Protein Bar a lil later for "breakfast" DR said 3 meals and 2-3 Snacks per day dont matter what order...so my snack is first then my breakfast later and drink drink drink.but i cant drink for about a hour after i eat ....also just do it i know the battle of the ice cream have you tried low fat or frozen yogurt ??? well glad everyone is doing so awesome !!!

Thanks for the responses to my dehydration question! I'm drinking more water! Nicki...im tighter in the a.m. As well and sip hot tea or coffee. However I don't skip breakfast...i have a Protein Shake. Sometimes I'm still a little snug at lunch so I'll have Soup or a tuna salad pouch. My nutritionist gave me a great recipe for a high Protein savory snack

ok i have 30 lbs to lose in 42 days to meet my 100# goal for my one year bandiversary. what is your stand by for Snacks, food, products? how about exercise?

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hello Everyone, wow I have a lot to catch up on.. I had to go back and start reading from the 19th..

JDI- I still run 3.1 miles 2x's a week with my running group or in my neighborhood and occasional add in a short run (about 1.5 to 2 miles) too. But Next time I register and pay for an official timed race I just hope to be at my goal of running the entire course. It's just a personal goal that's all ;-) always challenging myself.

Rkimom - I know I'm late but glad you've joined the group, I've read your posts and since I've been back to taking my Vitamins on a regular basis..I am terrible with that but getting much better.

LadyB - I worry about erosion and slippage every time I get a stomach ache, I noticed over the holidays I did great with food but did bad with the wine & mix drinks on Tues, Wed & T-Giving and noticed by Friday I felt like my band was having spasms I got really scared, so I stopped the alcohol and no more spasms, then tried a mix drink on Monday (as a test) and boom, spasm feeling again. I guess me and alcohol no longer get along! well thank goodness I'm not a heavy drinker lol so this should be an easy issue to fix.

I see everyone survived Thanksgiving..that's wonderful. I had 1 plate of food, 1 small dessert and I was done with dinner for the day (no seconds) I shared cooking with my mom and my daughter cooked the Desserts so that helped with the pre-meal eating. I cooked the vegetables and "light" sweet potato casserole, that helped too.

I forgot to post my Monday morning weight still 192. All the running doesn't seem to help however I'm maintaing just perfectly lol, guess I need to switch it up a bit either run more and/or add in some strength training or something.

To reach the yearly goal I set by 1/17/13 I'm suppose to be at 175. hmmm, may not quite make it, right now I'm about 17lbs off, but I feel great so I'm ok with it (but I'm still going to try to get as close as possible :D)

BTW: just FYI my brother was in town (use to be a bartender) so he was concocting many mixed cocktails for the family so I've never had that much constant alcohol in my system since banded..maybe it was a shock to the band lol... just so you know it was a holiday thing haha it kinda sound like I stayed drunk for 3 days when I re-read my last post ;)

NJ2NC... Was glad to see your second post regarding your brother, I'm not usually judgmental, but I was kind of thinking wow, she can put the drinks down!! J/K Lmao

On the same topic, I notice that not only does wine really tear my stomach up now, I can't hold my liquor as well at all. I know gastric bypass people can't drink much, but I'm noticing my tolerance is way down. Two drinks and I'm two sheets to the wind. I don't know if it's lack of food in my stomach or lower weight or what.

Kymie... I love Greek yogurt. Ham slices with cream cheese wrapped around a dill pickle. Stover's Sugar Free Chocolate toffees. Frozen grapes. But with your great results it looks like whatever you're doing you should continue! There is a thread on here somewhere that lists 80 or 88 good snack choices, I don't remember which forum but there were some good ideas all under 100 calories. I have no input as to exercise, it's winter and I'm getting that hibernation feeling. Ugh!

LadyB, I was lmbo this morning after reading your post. Don't worry I don't see any AA Meetings in my near future although the hubby do drive me to want to drink from time to time lol j/k. Have a great day. I also feel the effects of wine (my cheap drink of choice is Gallo, Sweet Chardonnay) a lot quicker after the band. I don't drink often normally maybe 2-4 glasses per month I guess. Is that considered a lot?

Well, It should beautiful and sunny here in NC today I think an outside 3-4 mile run is in order this afternoon..

Hi everyone-

NJ2NC- LOL about the alcohol! I'm not a drinker, so have no experience. I think it's great to have that goal to run the whole 5k. I would love to be a runner- I have a plate on my right shin holding things together after an ankle break a long time ago. I've tried running and it kind of hurts, but maybe after losing a bunch of weight I could try again. It is such a good exercise!

Kymie- that's a good goal- if I were you I'd up the exercise and the Protein, and really really track everything.

Chrissy- I was having a Protein Shake, but was too tight- so that's a good idea to do the hot tea then protein shake later.

Hi Ready- good to see you, glad turkey day went well. I do need to do something about the ice cream, but for me it's going to have to be NONE, not something else- I"ll overeat whatever it is. It is truly a trigger food for me.

Ladybandido- I hear you on the hibernation thing! I am feeling that as well. And I'm kinda sick and headachy, so just not feeling it.

My dd is sick, throwing up- just at night, so I have to be up, LOL. DH is taking her to the doctor today, couldn't get in yesterday, so we'll see what's up. I'm not feeling great and not getting any sleep isn't helping. I stupidly tried a pastry that was in the office, and got stuck- luckily not badly, but threw the rest of that sucker out! Not worth it! Still hanging in, but not doing great, but honestly I'm just surviving until January. I did get the carb cycling book and will be reading it to implement it. I will get back on track, and get my mojo back!

Nicki

Hi everyone-

NJ2NC- LOL about the alcohol! I'm not a drinker, so have no experience. I think it's great to have that goal to run the whole 5k. I would love to be a runner- I have a plate on my right shin holding things together after an ankle break a long time ago. I've tried running and it kind of hurts, but maybe after losing a bunch of weight I could try again. It is such a good exercise!

Kymie- that's a good goal- if I were you I'd up the exercise and the Protein, and really really track everything.

Chrissy- I was having a Protein Shake, but was too tight- so that's a good idea to do the hot tea then protein shake later.

Hi Ready- good to see you, glad turkey day went well. I do need to do something about the ice cream, but for me it's going to have to be NONE, not something else- I"ll overeat whatever it is. It is truly a trigger food for me.

Ladybandido- I hear you on the hibernation thing! I am feeling that as well. And I'm kinda sick and headachy, so just not feeling it.

My dd is sick, throwing up- just at night, so I have to be up, LOL. DH is taking her to the doctor today, couldn't get in yesterday, so we'll see what's up. I'm not feeling great and not getting any sleep isn't helping. I stupidly tried a pastry that was in the office, and got stuck- luckily not badly, but threw the rest of that sucker out! Not worth it! Still hanging in, but not doing great, but honestly I'm just surviving until January. I did get the carb cycling book and will be reading it to implement it. I will get back on track, and get my mojo back!

Nicki

JDI, ouch! wow I can see why running would hurt. I had a knee injury many years ago and running always aggravate it unless I where very tight compression pants. I think I may need to look into a dedicated brace for that knee. Running is good exercise but it's not making the scale move but I'm sticking with it cause it make me feel good.. the scale isn't as important as that.

NSV - although I can't do it outside yet..However, last night on the treadmill I actually Jogged 3.13 with no walking!! time: 38:14, pace: 12'10". I felt amazing! best I've ever done! Now if I could just find a official 5k treadmill Race I'd be ready!! :D but I did go ahead and registered for my next outdoor 5k Color Me Rad race on March 30th...My birthday!

I hope your DD is feeling much better! and your mojo will return!!

Everyone have a good weekend.

Hello everyone!!!! I have missed you all so much! I'm glad to see everyone is still posting! I have been busy, working out more consistently than ever, making good food choices...and indulging in the once a week cocktail...sorry to touch on a sore subject...lol! I do wish I had a brother that was a bartender...but I have a feeling it wouldn't be good for my diet! I'm at 202 right now...right on the edge of ONEDERLAND!! I have been losing very slowly, and seem to get stuck at certain spots...I spent a lot of time at 207 and 204. LadyB, I wonder about erosion all the time...just had an upper Gi bc of the approaching one year mark...my surgeon requires an upper Gi and bloodworm on the yr mark...just blood work remaining, and upper Gi was normal, band is still placed correctly. It feels good to post again, I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Horsegirl, great to see you back on and doing so well. Onederland, here you come!

Monday 191.8 still floating within the same 5 lbs. fine with me considering the stress and holidays!

So I had an interesting weekend. I got stuck & threw up for the 1st time and it was totally due to eating a massive no no. I ate cookie dough. But the worst part was not getting sick it was what my kids said. They said it was a good thing I didn't eat as much as I always did or I would have been really sick. They said they knew I snuck the cookie dough then went out late at night to buy more so they wouldn't know, but they did. And I thought I was good at hiding it. Makes me wonder what other bad habits they knew about. I am just glad I am not that person anymore and my kids are still around to watch me learn good habits too.

Nite everyone!!

Hi everyone-

Nicole- yes, kids know way more than we think they do! Sorry about the stuck!

Horsegirl- yay for being on the edge of Onederland! I was on the edge and sadly have backed away from it. I'll get back there- go ahead and take the plunge so I know it's safe, LOL.

NJ2NC- yay on running the whole way! You'll get to doing it outside! That is awesome!

Ladybandido- hi there!

As for me- I went to KFC and got their chicken strips for lunch on my way home from half a day of work. I thought, these aren't TOO bad. Well, I should KNOW not to eat while driving. I got stuck and pb'd all over myself- it looked like something from Ghostbusters, only not fluorescent green, ha ha. Luckily I had just one strip, and mostly hit the takeout bag. NOT a good idea while driving on the highway! Luckily it wasn't too crowded since it was the middle of the day. Still, won't be doing that again. It made for a kind of icky rest of the day. I'm just not feeling well, I"m going to see if I can get a doc appt today. I need to get a flu shot too. I'm doing all the Christmas Cookies, so we'll see how I do. I have eaten too many of everything lately.

Nicki

Hi all! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! We r getting to a busy time of year. I'm just gonna touch on a couple of things here...first...alcohol. Lol on all these posts! I must say...i no longer drink...that was until black Friday. I hadn't had any alcohol on almost 2 years, but we were out with friends so I thought I'd have one with the DH. I had may 3 sips of it and was already buzzed like crazy. Good thing the food came so I couldn't drink. I finally gave the rest to the DH. Lol. Congrats to all of us...even if we're not doing so great. Look how far we've come!! I'm now at 98 lbs gone. Yay! I don't post yesterday so I will now for the Monday weigh in...164! I hope you all have a blessed day!

Monday weight.. 193 :angry: can't break this plateau.. dang!! alway up/down +/- 3

Nicki, I hope you start feeling better soon. I got my flu shot last month! I can relate to the highway, stuck, PB'ing episode. My kids got a snack at the target food area, my daughter didn't want her hotdog so not thinking and like an old habit I picked it up and started eating it I took several bites walking to the car and knew that was a big mistake. I had to open the door at each of the next 3 stop lights on the way home and get that hotdog out or it would have been all over the steering wheel. My daughter (10yrs old) said "Now Mom, you know better, you took way to many big bites" when we got home she said, "would you like a Protein drink out the fridge cause I don't think you have anything left in your stomach"..

As far as running, I took a challenge with my group...1 mile a day for the month of December! so far so good.. It's called Dedicated, Disciplined, Determined, December Challenge!

Nicole, yes! kids are observant and very smart! mine are very supportive and will quickly say..eat slower mom! that's too much! or no you can't have any of my snack mom, it may make you sick.. they LOVE that one especially when they don't want to share lol

Horsegirl, the edge of Onederland!! way to go!