Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Chrissylu, Thanks for sharing your song with us..it was great! I wish I could sing. My brother has a beautiful voice..talent must of skipped me.

I can't believe I'm about to say this. I realized I neglected my food logging today because I haven't eaten anything but a sugar free pudding.. I've been working (moderately hard) but nothing out the usual and just had an unwich from Jimmy Johns - I just learned of those (A sub sandwich but a lettuce wrap instead of bread) I was about to enter it in my fitnesspal at 3:30 and it dawned on me I wasn't hungry almost all day. Now that is unusual.. I know that's not healthy to go all day without eating but to now have to remind myself to eat is just crazy lol maybe today was just a fluke.

Heeelllooo! Wow it's great to catch up on everyone's lives. I've been away too long! Glad to see everyone is still kicking butt at this! I'm down 59lbs since Jan. 10th. I had to get a 0.5cc "unfill" but then the next month she put in 0.25cc and I'm feeling pretty good. Before I got my unfil, I went an entire month hurting everytime I ate. My back has been reaaally bad lately which has kept me from exercising. It's very frustrating to have lost so much weight only to have my back still hurting. I know it will take time though. So glad everyone is doing well.

Mags!!! I missed you and Prudence! Glad you're in a sweet spot. Your back will feel better with weight loss, just persevere and it will come.

Wow, NJ2NC- that is great! I have yet to hit that- I'm still hungry every couple hours, though I don't eat or snack until it's "time." I can't wait to get where I just don't think about eating. That unwich sounds good! I like Jimmy Johns anyways.

I want your opinions- yesterday for lunch I had 2 small soft tacos- one pulled chicken, and 1 crispy shrimp. I was able to eat the whole thing, no issues (no side items like rice or Beans, just the tacos). My question is- does this still seem like too much "volume" of food? It was within my calories, and it held me til 8 pm, after zumba, where usually I'd have a greek yogurt in the later afternoon. I just can't wait for another fill!!!! I did eke out a 1/2 lb loss for last week, so 61.5 lbs lost. I miss my elliptical, but our upstairs airconditioner is on the fritz and the elliptical is on the third floor, so it would be waaay to hot anyways. I like the Firm videos I"ve been doing, I just worry that they don't give me as much as a calorie burn.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

just got back from my check-up. Doctor's scales have me at 64 lbs. Mine have me at 65. That's the first time doc's scales have weighed me as more. Now...that being said, I did have on clothes at the doctors office...so let's just stick with the 65. LOL. Got .7cc which put me up to 6.5 in a 10cc band. Was fine with the Water test in the office. However, now that I'm trying to eat some soup...I'm not so sure. I'm going to try to give it 24 hours and see if its a bit too tight. Soup is going down and staying down. However, I fee like I need to burp after every bite. Taking it slow to try to avoid having a stuck episode.

Okay Friends....Here's a little tip for you...knowing that none of us want to spend a lot of on clothes we'll only be wearing for a short while. Sears Outlet Stores usually have a "free apparel Tuesday"...just about every week. All you have to do is sign up on their website for the "Shop Your Way Rewards Club". You'll get a temporary "card" you can print out (print several copies just in case the store wants to keep it when you go in). Then go to their Facebook page and become a fan. Just about every week' date=' they will post on Monday to "like and share" in order to have another free apparel Tuesday. Then on Tuesday, watch for them to post a coupon you can print and use with your Rewards card for a free item of clothing. There are some restrictions like, Levis, outerwear, etc. but its plainly printed on the coupon. I just, today, got a FREE pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans (18w)! Now, even if you don't do the free apparel Tuesday, Most of the stores have really good markdown prices too. I tried on a pair of Apostrophe slacks and they were marked down to 10!!! Look for a Sears Outlet store near you![/quote']

I did this but haven't seen any posts for coupons or anything? Did I do something wrong? I've seen posts daily by sears, just not coupons.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

It has to be the Sears Outlet Stores page...not regular Sears stores...so first check that. The other thing is that you have to like/share their post they they make on Monday. Usually on Tuesday they will post the coupon to print. You must have both the coupon and your Shop Your Way Rewards card to get the free item. If you don't have the rewards card, they might take your phone number that you attached to the membership.

We have a few great re-sale shops too in the area. I have my 20th reunion coming up July 14th. I've never been more excited to go buy a sexy outfit. Well not too sexy, but maybe just a little!

Hi everyone! Good zumba class last night, plus zumba toning. Have I mentioned I love zumba? Oh, and our AC is out (our upstairs unit),and it is supposed to be 103 today, 105 tomorrow (I'm in NC- so NJ2NC is suffering right along with me!). It was so freaking hot last night, no one slept well- well, I would have except the kids came in, DH couldn't sleep...we will figure out how to camp out downstairs! The guy who does our AC is on a cruise (lucky guy). Oh well.

Where was everyone yesterday! I hate to be the only one posting, but oh well, you're stuck with me :)

Mags- go for sexy, btw!

Happy Friday morning! I just realized from JDI's post that I wasn't on here at all yesterday. My morning, yesterday, started out with me making a trip back to my doctor's office to to get .4cc removed from my band. He had put in .7cc on Wednesday (taking me to 6.5 total in the band), and I was fine Wednesday afternoon. However, yesterday morning, I couldn't keep anything down. I know the band is tighter in the morning, but it usually loosens after about an hour, after exercise or drinking something hot. That didn't happen yesterday. I learned from Meredith's experience...not to wait about having it loosened. I knew he wouldn't be in today...and with next week being a holiday week, I wasn't taking any chances. The upside is that with three days of liquids, I've lost more weight, for a total of 67 pounds. Since I'm trying to hit 70 by JDI's 7/4 birthday goal, I think I might just stay on liquids for a few days. LOL! Ya'll have a great day! Stay cool and hydrated...its gonna be a scorcher today! In Nashville, we're supposed to hit 105 as well. so NC folks, I feel ya!

Hi everyone! Good zumba class last night, plus zumba toning. Have I mentioned I love zumba? Oh, and our AC is out (our upstairs unit),and it is supposed to be 103 today, 105 tomorrow (I'm in NC- so NJ2NC is suffering right along with me!). It was so freaking hot last night, no one slept well- well, I would have except the kids came in, DH couldn't sleep...we will figure out how to camp out downstairs! The guy who does our AC is on a cruise (lucky guy). Oh well.

Where was everyone yesterday! I hate to be the only one posting, but oh well, you're stuck with me :)

Mags- go for sexy, btw!

SUFFERING YES!! my car just registered 108 degrees outside..I'm in Charlotte with my Girl Scout Troop this weekend heading over to the outlets..and burning up every time we step outside... Hope you get that AC fixed soon..

NJ2NC- have fun shopping! I'm in the raleigh area. Whenever im in charlotte I make sure I go to IKEA, lol. Don't be too hot.

I just did a super sweaty zumba workout and a 1 mile walk beforehand. Feeling good!!

AC is still out, we camped out downstairs. It wasn't too bad. I need to mow my backyard but not sure it will get done ;).

Nicki

oh nicki...why mow? its not growing in this heat. Ours is crunching under our feet here in Middle TN. lol. I do have a little recipe I want to share with everyone. The most recent Protein Shake powder I bought is the the Pure Protein Frosty chocolate. Its really good, though I do usually add a packet of splenda to mine. I've spent the weekend at my parents' house to sit with my grandmother while my parents are out of town. My mom and dad do a lot of "juicing" as my dad is diabetic. They try not to waste anything, so my mom bought popsicle molds and she freezes the left over fruit "mush" after the juicing and makes fresh popsicles for my dad. Well, I decided to make some "fudgesicles" out of my protein shake! LOL!! I used a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, one scoop of the Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate powder and two packets of splenda. I mixed it in the blender and then poured into the molds. It actually froze fairly quickly. It was soooooo good! so each "fudgesicle" only has about 40 calories, maybe 1 or 2 grams of fat, and only about 1-2 carbs! I'm stopping to get popsicle molds on my way home!! LOL.

Chrissy- we had gotten a letter from the HOA to get our back yard mowed, LOL- my dd does the front for me. The back is lots of weeds and dirt (and 2 black widows that I killed). I had just gotten home from zumba and was hot and sweaty anyways! Now that it's short, hopefully the heat will keep it from growing for awhile, LOL!

I have my fill tomorrow, thank goodness!! Of course, I"ll be on mushies for my birthday, didn't think of that! I have to go home early today as my dh is having another appointment, we'll (hopefully) find out if he needs a new pacemaker today. Sigh.

Hope all is well for all of you!!!!

Hello everyone!! Here is a quick update. So i had my 4th fill 2 wks ago I thought I had found my sweet spot. But once on solids there was no restriction. Maybe next time. I can pretty much eat anything still and I know I shouldn't but I have been in a slump and I have been eatting pretty bad. I feel guilt for a little while then tell myself tomorrow is a new day but then I eat bad stuff again! I am really craving chocolate, but then I got my period (haven't had in 10ths due to IUD) so maybe that explains the sudden cravings and bad eatting. Maybe I should try liquids to get the sugar out of my system again? Maybe I'm having sugar withdrawal & that is what is making it hard to not eat that cookie or order the greasy fried stuff. Any ideas??

Well there is a NSV out of this. Normally I would feel so guilt for eating something bad that I would get upset & depressed & then binge then start it all over again. This time I really don't feel any guilt & don't feel like bingeing. I just find myself eating something sweet every day. But yeah I'm not depressed about it. And I am still working out 3-4 days a week and drinking most of my Water.

Ttyl!!

Hi Nicole- good for you! I think this is a big change for me too- eating something not good for me doesn't send me into a total eating frenzy where I undo anything good I'd already done. I would try a sugar free diet for a couple days, it will get out of your system. I do know that when I eat ice cream (my nemesis) I want more sugary stuff. So I have to be strict with myself :) Good luck, and you have lost over 50 lbs and we're not perfect!

So- everyone, did we decide what our next goal is? Wasn't someone's b-day at the end of the month? Or what is the next milestone someone has we can all make goals around? I really like goals! I do the summer challenge on the general board, but I like our group goals too. Anyone have any ideas????