Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

JustDoIt...that's how I felt this morning. Only did a mile on the treadmill and only a few machines..BIDIA! Allergies are killin' me!

Also, I have a question for everyone...like amica said, for some reason the drs don't like to give us a certain amnt of calories. My dietician says 60-80 grams Protein, and everything I eat should be under 5 grams fat and 5 grams of sugar...unless its natural sugar. I guess that's why I feel so down on myself sometimes, because I'm sorry, that's just not possible for me. That's worse than any diet I've ever done. So I feel like its a goal I can't achieve, which is probably why I feel like I suck at life right now. Does anyone have a recommended diet like that?

the dietician also told me not to worry too much about calories. So I don't count them. My diet is very similar to Adkins. Low Carbs, high lean Proteins, low sugar and veggies but NO starchy veggies she gave me a list and at least 60g protein per day. As far as Protein Bars she was adement about looking at the labels and watching out cause they are loaded with carbs and sugars. She said stay try to stay less than 14g net carbs per bars (if Fiber is >5 subtract from total carbs = net carbs) so of course that fits the adkins bars and they are only 1g of sugar...If I can't get my shake in for Breakfast I'll grab a meal bar (I use to never eat breakfast, so the bars or shakes is a big step).

However lately I want 2 bars and more food and then more food on top of that. I'm feeling hungry all the time I think my will power has finally given out. My mom said on Easter "ohh you are human" I laughed and said what do you mean, she said "you always walk pass all your favorite Desserts and food and never get tempted, today you ate, although a little bit but you ate dessert and more food than I've seen you eat in a long time" I realized then my will power was on its last leg and that my mom reality just slapped me in the face by my mom. I called my doctor and explained I'm hungry all the time and they moved up my 3rd fill it's now on FRIDAY.. I've never had restriction but I can't fight it any longer .. I've done terrible all week and scared to get on the scale now.

NJ2NC- yay that your fill is scheduled- don't worry! Just know it's a process! You will do fine, and you'll get to restriction. Also- could it be near ttotm? I know I really start getting hungry then...

Yay ChrissieLu! BIDIA!! my workout last night was much better, hope your allergies get better.

I lost 3 lbs last week, so down 38 lbs. I had some awesome strawberries with a little whipped cream for a treat yesterday. Feeling pretty good about things, but will be vigilant and diligent!!!

Even though I don't feel great physically today (see my profile status), mentally, I feel wonderful! I might hit my birthday goal early. Yay!

Its so crazy to see how very different surgeons are with fill schedules and amounts. My 3 month bandiversary was yesterday and today I got my 3rd fill (1cc) so I'm at a total of 4cc. I must say, I'm super proud of each and every one of us. The band is a tool, WE are doing the work. We just have to remember that sometimes and give ourselves credit where credit is due. My nurse practitioner was thrilled with 43lbs loss in 3 months and said that is WAY more than expected for the band in this time frame. So with that said, we are all pretty much right on track with weight loss amounts, so cheers cheers to us! So glad I have all of you to turn to and get support from!

So I got my fill yesterday. It was the 1st time she struggled getting the needle into the port & it really hurt having her dig around!! She asked if I was able to eat a full chicken breast & bread & since I could do both I got the fill, but only .5cc.

I am with all of you who have been going on will power, it is getting darn hard!! If I could have done it on willpower alone I wouldn't have had to put out the $20k! I also don't want to throw away my money & give in now. I am so close!! I have been keeping up on my Protein & excercise 4 days a week. I still suck at getting all of my Water in. If I don't set my timer for 30 min after eating I forget to drink water. Sorry about the complaining it has been a long week already.

On the positive I have started a circuit training class & I like it better that other exercise class b/c everyone is Si focused on doing their own station right they don't notice me at all!! I felt like I got a great workout so I will be replacing my expensive personal trainer for circuit classes! I am excited b/c I feel like I can do the exercise thing on my own & hold myself accountable.

Congrats to everyone for this weeks weight loss & holding in there for your fills. We can do this!!???ª???

Hi Nicole- glad you found a circuit class! Sounds like fun. Bummer about your fill, but at least you got it! I mean heck, you've already lost 54 lbs!! You're doing great!!

Mags- that is awesome what the PA said about exceeding weight loss expectations. I agree that we're all doing well- and doing it by a lot of willpower. But we're worth it for sure!

Had a good day yesterday food wise- under calories, good sweaty workout, feelin' good!

Hi....I have just found this site after being band on 23rd of Jan. The 2 week diet helped me loose 14 lbs but then nothing happened...... 2 fills later I have lost 4lbs more.....I am hoping that one more fill will give some restriction as at the moment it is just calorie counting and being hungry. I am hoping that this small lose will keep me motivated and with the kids back at school on Monday I even plan to go to the pool! SWIMMING COSTUME...WHAT A NIGHTMARE....Has anyone else struggled to get the scales moving in the right direction.....would love to join your group as i really could use some encouragement

Welcome Lady Penelope! This is a good, motivating place to be. I hear you on the swimsuit issue, not my favorite! Remember, it is a process, and until you're at restriction your in bandster hell! So just keep trying to build good habits, eat right, get an exercise routine!!! It will get better.

I was on my elliptical last night and it made an awful noise and kind of stuck- then it was okay. It had better not be broken, now that I'm finally in an exercise routine and kicking butt! We don't have $$ for a new elliptical, that's for sure!

NJ2NC- yay that your fill is scheduled- don't worry! Just know it's a process! You will do fine' date=' and you'll get to restriction. Also- could it be near ttotm? I know I really start getting hungry then...

Yay ChrissieLu! BIDIA!! my workout last night was much better, hope your allergies get better.

I lost 3 lbs last week, so down 38 lbs. I had some awesome strawberries with a little whipped cream for a treat yesterday. Feeling pretty good about things, but will be vigilant and diligent!!![/quote']

Hello JDI130,

It felt like ttotm but unfortunately it's not. I just got my .5cc fill a few minutes ago which will bring me up to 5 cc total. Hopefully this will help curve some of this constant hunger. I was pretty disappointed in only 1.8 pound lost since my last fill.. But quickly realized that could have been a gain! But I didn't take my sneakers offwhen I weighed in so maybe it was a 2lb lost lol

Now off to buy some oh so yummy broth **yuck** for my weekend meals..

Hi everyone, Since joining last week I've only been lurking. I feel like I'm way behind you all with the weight loss. I go next Monday for my first fill. My surgeon makes you wait three months for your first fill. So I have no restriction and my weight loss has been totally dieting. I was doing well then Easter kind of derailed me this weekend and I'm back up 2 pounds. I'm back on track and hoping it will come on off before my Monday appointment. The dietician I see thru my doctor is all about the Protein and not so much worrying about the calories and I find if I get between 60 and 80 grams of Protein I'm not hungry (except for head hungar) and I can keep my calories between 1000 and 1500. Every morning I'm eating a boiled egg followed by ice coffee made with 8 oz skim milk, 1 scoop nectar cappachino Protein powder, Benifiber and strong coffee. So early in the day I already have 32+ grams of protein and the benifiber makes life more pleasant. If I skip my coffe drink I have a hard time getting my protein in for the day. I am thankful for this group since the only local support group here in in German and I don't speak it well enough to be a member. Kim

KIM! Your coffee drink sounds amaaaaaazing!!!!! I will have to try that!! I love me some coffee...and the people in my life like for me to drink it-I'm so much more pleasant!

EDIT: have you tried cold brewed coffee for iced coffee? You mix some grounds into cold Water, leave it in the fridge for 12 hrs, strain through cheesecloth or filters, and voila! The best tasting iced coffee you will ever have!

So I got my fill on Tuesday. The NP left it up to me if I wanted a full cc, because it would bring me up to 4cc, which was too much last time, according to the stupid nasty barium. Well of course, I went with the full cc. Don't know until you try. So I am now at 4cc in my band. She was able to get the needle right in the port, and the rest of my day was just dandy! :)

I just started on "real" food today--and even then, I'm a little early, supposed to be on mushies til tomorrow. I wasn't really hungry all day, had an iced coffee this morning, had some crystal light for lunch--busy day at work lol. Tonight got chili and a baked potato from wendy's and could.not.finish.it! I ate half and I'm still full-2 hrs later. This is good! This is great! I'm feeling better and definitely feel like I have more control than I had. It can only get better!

Cancelled Monday's fill appt. I can feel restriction now after 3 fills. Currently at 7.7 in a 14 band. I need to do some better planning for some better meal options and I think I will begin to do better, plus more motivation to exercise. I could probly do a small fill but I don't want to push it and will wait till its more obvious I need one.

Good news Peeps! My "43 by 43" goal I set a week or so ago...well...I reached it this morning!! Wow! I think I'm going to change it to "45 by 43". LOL.

So I got my fill on Tuesday. The NP left it up to me if I wanted a full cc, because it would bring me up to 4cc, which was too much last time, according to the stupid nasty barium. Well of course, I went with the full cc. Don't know until you try. So I am now at 4cc in my band. She was able to get the needle right in the port, and the rest of my day was just dandy! :)

I just started on "real" food today--and even then, I'm a little early, supposed to be on mushies til tomorrow. I wasn't really hungry all day, had an iced coffee this morning, had some crystal light for lunch--busy day at work lol. Tonight got chili and a baked potato from wendy's and could.not.finish.it! I ate half and I'm still full-2 hrs later. This is good! This is great! I'm feeling better and definitely feel like I have more control than I had. It can only get better!

I'm at 4cc's too. Definitely notice a difference. I haven't been hungry hardly at all. I went to eat some raw mushrooms yesterday though. I got two down and then a bite of the 3rd one was tooooo much. So those came up. I'm noticing for sure the different in the amount I can eat, which is a good thing because I haven't really had much restriction (enough in my own mind) up until now. We'll see how it goes in a few weeks?