Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters!! How Ya Feeling??

I'm doing great. Im down 37lbs since surgery 12/15

So... Banded 12/23. Just had my third fill Monday. I have an 11cc band with 7.5cc's in it. Prior tI Monday's fill I had 6.5cc's in it. I'm close to the green zone but am hoping for some feedback... St 6.5 I had virtually no restriction, 7.5 and boy do I have restriction. It takes a couple hours in the morning to open up. I'm starting slowly with juice- one med at a time over the course of about an hour. Mid-morning carnation instant Breakfast. Late lunch typically of Soup, small snack (usually a mushie) and then dinner- something soft. I know it's only been 4 days into the fill do my question is at what point do I begin to evaluate whether my intake is what has been recommended by the nutritionalist (pretty close right now- just need about 200 more calories) or make the decision that I may need .2 or .3 removed? Doctors office was pleased when I called and told me that the swelling should go down within the next few days and not to worry. Thoughts?

Wow... I haven't posted here in a while. I was banded back in Dec. and they had over filled me to the point I became severely dehydrated, couldn't get down more than 4oz of Water a day and was having this really bad pressure over the left side of my face. Had all test run, came back normal except for dehydration so they took ALL of my fill OUT. Last month I tried to get the fill put back in but the nurse said NO since I still couldn't keep down a lot of foods, esp. meats. Well, now it's March, I've now STOP counting calories and pretty much am eating like crazy. I still can't eat a lot of different meats, but I CAN eat plenty of speghetti which I eat almost daily. I've gain 10 pounds, it almost feels like I'm back to life how it was before the band in a way.... though I still vomit breads, thick pieces of meat, like chicken breast, chicken nuggets etc - I can sure get the junk food down (potato chips) I'm worry they still won't get me a fill because I'm still having the pressure on the left side of my face, not as severe but it's still there many days. I'm STARVING all the time, nothing satisfies me.

I am doing good since surgery on 12/13. I still do not have a fill and have lost over 50 pounds. Seems like lately though everything is getting stuck my next appt isn't until 4/20. So we will see what the Dr has to say. Otherwise I feel great and love having to buy all new clothes.

Wow last few days not making good choices over eating. I had a fill in early feb 2 cc was doing great tight first twoish weeks then green. I have lost 5+!lbs do doing good. I just hit onederland! I think I'm ready to go get another fill. I really. Want to wonder deep into wonderland.

Good Morning December Bandsters,

It has been a while since I've been on here. Looks like everyone is doing so good. I have now lost 51 lbs total since I started this journey back in April of 2011, 31 lbs since I was banded on 12/16. I love what is happening to me. I feel fantastic and I can't wait to get out the door each morning and take my walk. the dog is pretty happy too. I am tracking every single bite of food that goes into my body. I have had 2 fills so far for a total of 4.5 cc's. I will be getting a 3rd fill on April 5th. I have a feeling that I will be in the GREEN ZONE with this fill. Fingers crossed!!

I was banded 12/22, after complications from my port flipping and not being able to get my fills like needed, I am finally on a losing track. I wish I could say I have lost 20+ lbs since surgery, but I cant. I have lost 5 lbs, and that is just since my 2nd fill 2 weeks ago. I am proud to say that through it all, I have been able to focus, not gain the weight during that rough patch (I just stayed the same), and now that I've had my 2nd fill (I have 8cc in a 14cc band), I am feeling more restriction and think I'm REALLY close to the green zone. I have found that bread and chicken are NOT by friend....so its forcing me to make healthier choices. I am feeling much better and can tell I'm losing inches. People around me are seeing the difference even though the scale has not caught up...its ok though...losing inches is just as important since eventually the pounds will come off too. Going to Zumba twice a week, and getting in as much walking as possible helps too. Now, to try to find time to get to the gym after work...thats my next hurdle to get over.

Hello All been a long time since ive checked in! i recenly ad a fill as i had no restriction,i was down to 206 but now im gaining.the good news is im gaining muscle! body fat was 20% at 206 now at 227 and 20.5! Ive turned into a gym rat and i love it! my benchpress was 185 a year ago,now my max is 265! leg pressed 890 2 months ago!!! BOOM! 195 im coming for you!!!

I was banded 12-17, Im down 40 lbs....I'm gonna be honest: this was not the most glorious experience for me. I had some complications and was in the hospital twice in the past month, and lost my job because of it. But, I will say, I don't regret my decision. Everything that is meant to happen, does! :)

Love hearing/reading these updates after a year! I was banded a year ago (12-22). Things couldn't be better. I've lost a total of 85lbs and I think I'm at my goal weight (but I never really set one in the beginning) I'm at 145, 38 yrs old). I'm now really looking into the mommy makeover surgery. (Tummy tuck, lift, and maybe a little Lipo in my theighs) that's it though. I love going shopping now and not at Lane Bryant, haha!

I've only been in the red zone once but for the last few months its been in the green zone. I've definitely lost more weight later on after my surgery. I thought I would have lost more early on but that's okay! I've had a couple of my friends ask how I've lost my weight. I was never sure if I was going to tell people that I had the lap band or I was just "watching my weight". Now I scream from the roof top ;) that I had the lapband. If people get judgmental, I'm thinking they are just jealous or just ignorant.

Anyways...congrats to the couple of previous posters! It's wonderful to look into the mirror and think "is this me??"

Peaceful...I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your job due to complications :( I'm just totally being nosey but was it due to the surgery? And you are exactly right, everything that happens is for a good reason!

Come on people, post your stories....the good and the bad :)

Banded on dec 13th. Down 25lbs since the preop diet. Down 13lbs since surgery! Getting discouraged lately because my weight is barely moving. Got my first fill jan 7th and getting my second one feb 6th! Cant wait for my second fill. Im not feeling much restricition. 1000/1100 cals a day. Any motivation advice?

Started 244lbs before preop diet. 219 now.

Banded on 12/14. Lost 39 lbs. get first fill 2/11. Am starting to get hungry now. I just entered "bandster hell". Cannot wait for my fill! Not losing weight but losing inches!

Banded 12/21. Down 39lbs since pre op diet. My appetite still isn't fully back. So far so great! I haven't had any other issues. I'm loving it!

Wow, you guys are rocking it! I had my surgery a year ago (December 2011) and I know it took me awhile to start losing so soon. Honest it seems so easy for me, just b/c physically I am not hungry. But I still love to cook and bake for my family. But I have always liked to cook.

Skinny Cuban Chick- there is nothing better than going into shopping in the plus size section :) it's definitely so much better to concentrate on inches than numbers.(says the girl who struggles w/ that all the time :)

Noops-I was in the same boat as you! My pre-op weight was 235. Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to be patient. True Results added very little Fluid when I first started getting fills. (But they have too) so honestly when you get your 1st fill, don't expect miracles and think you will be in the green zone b/c you probably won't be. (I suck at giving motivational advice sometimes ;) but this is just my own experience. I do know you lost a lot more weight than I did at the beginning so I hope you do feel more in the green zone. I've found that Protein fils me lip too. And I always eat oatmeal in the morning too. Good luck to all of you!!

Banded dec 22/11. I lost 70 lbs not at my goal wt. I have only 3.5 in my band and have sever at time reflux. I would like more restriction but really WTs is eating around band. I went back to those empty cals in sodas. Before you say it I knw! The reflux is and was there with or without sodas. I cannt eat late and vomit some times All this said I am still very happy with my band.